Calle Atocha 96, 20, Madrid, 28012, Spain

Hostelworld.com

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hostal Barrera

We were very happy with this hotel.

The room looked brand new, with nice bathroom and all mod cons.

Owners were friendly and helpful.

No breakfast available

Unique Quality: A bargain!

Directions: Close to Atocha Station

More about Hostal Barrera

very good hostal

by jackielondon about Hostal Madrid

I foud this small and pretty Hostal accidentally, and I have to say that is a very good accomodation: clean, rooms are big enough,bathroom looks new,television, telephone coffee machine in the hall. they have lift.

the street is right between Sol and Plaza Mayor, the historical centre.
Later I went there to celebrate yearend and book an apartment they have. The apartment was incredibly nice and spacious, situated in an high floor and from their terrace we could see the clock of Puerta del Sol givig the 12 touches of midnight . central, great views from the apartments,with a lot of facilities (haidrier,wifi,television,telephone,lift etc)

by freyas_dad

hi everyone,

i shall be staying at this place for 3 nights at the begining of october, with my father who is an active 74.
we will be looking to visit some art galleries and museums, which i believe are fairly close to the hostal. can anyone recommend any good tapas bars and restaurants that we should visit. our budget is a bit limited and we don't really want to go to anywhere flash, my experience of spain is that you can usually eat well at friendly places fairly cheaply.
also, if anyone can suggest some places that we shouldn't miss i would be greatly obliged.

many thanks

al

Re: Hostal Barrera

by worldinabag

Hi

I've got notes and other attachments that may be useful. Email me on this forum if you want them and I'll mail them to your VT email account. By the way your title is vague. I suggest re posting eg. "3 days in Madrid - Where to eat and drink, what to do." Also check out the VT members pages on this forum for excellent info. Good luck.

2 night stay in Madrid

by eVg

It happens that i will have 2 nights to stay in Madrid in mid September. I searched for hotels and the cheapest i found was 80 EUR a night...and it seemed a little too expensive...i was looking to spend no more than 60 and be as close to the city as possible.
Any suggestions or advice would be very welcome!

Thank you all!
Evgeni

by Lorro

It IS possible to find less expensive accomodation in Madrid but it depends on what kind of place you want to be in. There are many hostals and pensions and private hotels that are not exactly luxury but aren´t that bad either. If you are looking for budget accomodations check out a book like Lonely Planet, Lets Go Spain, or for a little more upscale on the budget side try Rick Steves travel books.
Hope this helps.
Oh, also if you want to be in the center for around 60E try Hotel Europa in Pl. del sol... i think the price is around that...
Good luck,
Janelle

by sue_stone

Hi

We stayed at Hostal Barrera, which is located close to Atocha.

We were very happy with it. Rate was around 50euro per night.

Have a great time in Madrid!

Sue

by Maurizioago

I stayed at the Hotel Asturias, in Calle Sevilla,n. 2.

It is not far from Puerta del Sol

I don't know about the prices.

Re: Re: 2 night stay in Madrid

by fairy_dust

There are a lot of youth hostels in Madrid. When I was there, I stayed at Hostal Rio Parana, it's close to Puerta del Sol. It wasn't the best, but it was decent. I wasn't very impressed with the staff though, they nearly lost my passport once. So if you stay there, be careful of things like that. If you want more information, check the tip I have on my Madrid page.

Looking for a Travel Partner & Place to Stay in Madrid

by pabertra

Hello All!

I am going to be in Madrid from July 27-July 2 and was wondering if any other VTers would be their as well. I am traveling this leg of my journey alone and would appreciate some company (especially for safety reasons)

Also, I wanted to ask about reasonable accomodations in Spain. I am willing to stay in a hostel as long as I can have a private room. Can anyone recommend a safe and well located hostel in Madrid??? I am also concerned about the safety of my luggage...I do not want to come back to my room and find anything missing.

Thanks so much!!!!
Paige

Re: Looking for a Travel Partner & Place to Stay in Madrid

by aussiebrian

Hola Paige,

We have just returned from Spain and stayed at Hostal Barrera (www.hostalberrera.com).

It was clean and fhe people friendly. It is in Atocha St an easy walk to plaza mayor and to the prado. we found it very convenient.

However, with the atocha station suffering from the reconstruction work it would be better to take the metro or a taxi to the hotel for convenience. it was a hotwalk dragging a suitcase.

it cost 56 euro a double so it may be cheaper for a single. we felt no security issues at all.

have a great time in a great city.

aussiebrian

Re: Looking for a Travel Partner & Place to Stay in Madrid

by virtualpatrick

The two hotels I stayed at on my visits to Madrid are Hotel San Isidro and Los Amigos Backpackers Hostel.

Descriptions for both and contact info can be found on my Madrid hotel & accommodations tip.

Have fun in Madrid and let me know if you have any questions.

patrick

Re: Re: Looking for a Travel Partner & Place to Stay in Madrid

by pabertra

Thanks to Both of You!!!!

Re: Re: Looking for a Travel Partner & Place to Stay in Madrid

by PegasusMT

Hola,
I am currently working in Madrid for the summer.
I´m from Cambridge, UK and just finished my studies.
I speak Spanish - if you are here and need some help, drop me a mail.

HAVE FUN!