6 Pl de Santa Cruz, Madrid, Madrid, 28005, Spain

Expedia.com Agoda.com Hostelworld.com

• brainhouse's Profile Photo

Not too shaby

As this was my 1st experience in Europe I don´t have a lot to comapre it to. Thought it was a good deal. Great location + + + staff was friendly. None of them spoke english, but I wasn´t exactly expecting that anyway. They have a computer with free internet. They offer free wifi, but I had to go to the stairs to use it. Hotel is on the 3rd floor, and you need your key to enter at night which is nice if you´re concerned with safety.
    They have an elevator. Room was small but I was expecting worse, so wasn´t a problem.
    I recomend this Hotel. For around 50 USD/night it was worth it

• ALANinWORCS69's Profile Photo

Cheap and Cheerful

A simple Hostel/Hotel but in a great location; right next to Plaza Mayor and a short walk in either direction to Metro Stations Sol or Opera.
    There does seem to be a vast differences in rooms - ours (room 1) was very basic, en-suite, clean but a bit of a sqeeze... You wouldn't want to stay in it for a long period, 2 days was about manageable. Lisa, my wife dragged a maid around and got her to show her the other rooms... and in her opinion, ask for a room at the front overlooking Palacio de Santa Cruz , bigger and better decorated rooms.
    The price isn't bad too - we paid 55 euro a night per room. Pretty good for a Capital city I think.
    It's accessible by a communal entrance - Hostel Cruz Sol is on the 3 floor (that's 4th for you Americans!), be aware that Hostel Santa Cruz is on the second - it's not the same place!!! Go up one more to Hostel Cruz Sol.

Unique Quality: Superb location, no breakfast available but plenty options adjacent. Can be booked online too.

Directions: Plaza de la Provincia, 100m southeast of Plaza Mayor

• skatzcatz's Profile Photo

Hostal Cruz Sol

An ok place only a short 5 minute walk from Plaza Mayor and 10 minutes to Sol Metro Station.

Unique Quality: Rude lady at Reception let the place down.

Directions: on the Plaza Santa Cruz

• Robertvp's Profile Photo

Great location

Excellent amenities, ultra clean, situated on the third floor. (lift available) its only five minutes walk to the Plaza Mayor. Rooms are immaculate, if you don't mind 'pink'. There is excellent security, also room safe. The cafe next door is reasonable and handy. Most rooms have a view over the square. Elizabeth speaks English. Would definitely stay there again.

Unique Quality: Great location close to metro Sol.

Directions: Close to Pl. Sol

• Great location on a budget

The Hostal Santa Cruz is directly next to the Plaza Mayor and a few minutes walk from Puerta del Sol.
    The hostal itself is very clean and the rooms are comfortable and quiet. The staff are very friendly.
    I would definitely stay here again. Great value for money.

Directions: Next to the Plaza Mayor

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Hostal Cruz Sol - Great location.

I didn't stay at the Hostal Cruz Sol. I did take a picture of it however because while I walked past it, I couldn't help but think to myself this would be a great cheap place to stay next time in Madrid.

I thought that based primarily on the location. It was right in the center of Madrid very close to Plaza Mayor and Peurta Del Sol.

They have a web site and I think I would probably try it myself next time around. Great location!

• Zlur's Profile Photo

Budget accommodation!

My stay at Hostal Cruz Sol I thought was going to be horrendous until I reached the actual hostal upstairs... Don't get a fright when you enter the front door - it's full of dust and stones, but once you're shown to your adorable room you forget about it! This hostal is extremely central, just 2 minutes away from Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol, no curfew, kind staff, immaculately clean rooms with great pine furniture, also includes tv, telephone, a/c, safe.. Would definately re-visit!

Directions: Plaza de Santa Cruz, just a 2 minute walk from Plaza Mayor

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

Drop your bags and relax on YOUR balcony!

Unique Quality: It was a simple room with all the necessary features, including private facilities and blessed, blessed a/c. As soon as I arrived, I dumped my things and ran to the balcony. There wasn't room there to fully recline but you get the idea, hehehehe...

Directions: very near the Sol metro and good ole Plaza Mayor

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

Location and price, both are key here!

a great, little family-run outfit, simple and clean but with blessed AIR-CONDITIONING!!

Unique Quality: mmmmm, no pool, but en suite facilities, and by sticking one's head outside from your mini-mini-balcony, you have the world and Pl de Santa Cruz at your disposal...

Directions: very near the Sol metro station and Pl Mayor itself

More about Hostal Cruz Sol

Hostal Cruz Sol **2Hostal Cruz Sol **2

Hostal los Perales

by kalixp

Hi, I booked a room at Hostal Cruz Sol but somebody recommended Hostal Los Perales. I can't find much on Hostal Los Perales. Is anybody familiar with it?

Re: Hostal los Perales

by chiqui1106

I only have found this page:

I can't help you I don't know the hostal. It seems a very low budget accommodation.

Comments