Hostal Parajas

Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Madrid

Sabatini gardensSabatini gardens

74 canons ship.74 canons ship.

Intercambio night at J&J Books and CoffeeIntercambio night at J&J Books and Coffee

Calle de Postas (Madrid, España/Spain)Calle de Postas (Madrid, España/Spain)

Toledo apartment for 3

by jn1963

Hi everyone,

Any ideas about a great apartment in Toledo for about 2 nights for 3 people (including 1 16 year-old teenager). We don't want to pay more than $100 per night, and we'd like 2 bedrooms if possible. We'll be there from about February 18-20. I'm thinking that once we get there, we'll have no problem negotiating a good price for a nice place as it is off-season. Any thoughts on this, or does someone have or know someone who has a great place we can rent - preferably right in the old town of Toledo?

Re: Thank you, but...

by jn1963

Thanks so much for the above information. The hostal looks lovely. HOwever, when I search for apartments in Toledo with the other website you recommended, nothing comes up. This is the problem I've been having. I can't seem to find ANY apartments in Toledo on-line. Has anyone else had this problem? NO problem with Madrid, Seville, and so forth. Do people rent apartments in Toledo?

Re: Toledo apartment for 3

by sirgaw

Although you've said an apartment, most places won't rent for 2 nights. We stayed for 3 nights at http://www.hoteltoledoimperial.com/index.html and I've just had a quick look and their low season price is 50 Euro/night. We found the hotel well located in the old quarter and right across the road from the Alcazar (closed for renovations when we were there).

Travel Tips for Madrid

Meeting with friends part 2

by b1bob

As I alluded to in the long intro, I met a guy named Lucas Lega queuing up to FINALLY board TWA 904 bound for Madrid. He was an exchange student in Annapolis, Maryland returning to Madrid. We talked most of the way across the big pond and we planned on meeting some time during my stay in Madrid. Sure enough, about two weeks after I got there, he came to Cisneros Hall, took me to lunch and I introduced him to my friends Phil and Eileen.

I had met Phil soon after returning from my weekend in Lisbon. He was studying philosophy in Madrid, yet he didn't know much Spanish. On talking to him for awhile, we discovered we had a great deal in common in terms of philosophy. He is very conservative like I am, but is more libertine in terms of social issues. On that trip, he fell in love with a young lady in my group from George Mason University named Eileen (I forget her last name). Except when I went away for the weekend, Phil, Eileen and I took most of our meals together. Sometimes, Phil and I would go out ourselves. One night we went to the amusement park to the south side of town.

Feria del Libro de Madrid (Madrid Book Fair)

by Redang

It takes place every Spring (from late May to early June) in the Retiro Park. You can buy the new released books, best sellers, technical books, official publications... Every day, famous writers go to sign their books for the readers. You also get a 10% discount.

This year, from 28 of May to 13 of June 2.010, and the first edition took place in 1.933.

How to get there:
- Metro: Retiro (line 2), Príncipe de Vergara (lines 2 and 9) and Ibiza (line 9).
- Bus: 2, 9, 26, 28, 61, 63, 146 and C1 (Circular 1).

Opening hours:
- Monday to Friday: From 11,00 to 14,00 and 18,00 to 21,30 (11,00 am to 02,00 pm and 6,00 pm to 09,30 pm).
- Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: From 10,00 to 14,30 and 17,00 to 21,30 (10,00 am to 02,30 pm and 05,00 pm to 09,30 pm).

Valle de los caidos

by gasca

Built with the express desire of dictator Franco in memory of combatants of both sides of Spanish Civil War (1936-1939). There are aproximately 40.000 bodies, half each side, including the graves of Franco himself and Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera (another dictator).

How to get:

From San Lorenzo de El Escorial:

Bus: Escorial-Valle de los Caídos; Line 660 in the Square Virgen de Gracia s/n (AUTOCARES HERRANZ)

Road: San Lorenzo de El Escorial-Valle de los Caídos; M-600

From Madrid
Road: A-VI, detour to M-600

DONT EVER GO HOME WITHOUT SOUVENIERS!

by ROCKARIA about Souvenirs

The best time and variety to buy souveniers is when i go on tour anf there is several shops that offer lots of different items big and small...cheap or more expensive...but never go without them back home!

the nigth in madrid doesn't...

by Romulo

the nigth in madrid doesn't explain with words you have to be there.
The best places are :

Saint anne's square with a lot of bars arround it.

Alonso Martinez, The arguelles's zone, Moclo street.

Comments