Hostal T4

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 57% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Madrid

A church next to MuseumA church next to Museum

Monasterio de las Descalzas (Madrid, España/Spain)Monasterio de las Descalzas (Madrid, España/Spain)

Don Quixote and friendsDon Quixote and friends

Don Alvaro de Bazán statue (Madrid, España/Spain)Don Alvaro de Bazán statue (Madrid, España/Spain)

by nomad7890

I've been to Madrid many times, but usually take a taxi. I'll be going to my favorite flamenco show in Calle de la Moreria. There's an area of the Almundena or Palacio that has a park where people usually bring their dogs ... but I don't think I need to cross it.

Would it be best to take the taxi ... or is it ok to stick to the main streets and walk all the way down. I know once you get into Carrera de San Jeronimo to the Neptune statue the area is pretty good - I'm just not sure about Calle de la Moreria thru Calle Mayor.

Re: OK for two women to walk down Calle Mayor to Carrera San Jeronimo after midnight?

by Redang

From my point of view, you only have to use your common sense, apart from that, I honestly think that you shouldn't have any problems.

Sorry for the 4 answers; the computer loves playing with me and my nerves :(

by nomad7890

Thanks Santi! My companion is not as adventurous as I am (although I would not walk alone) - it's one of my husband's caregivers in her first trip to Madrid, so I don't want her to be scared ;=)

To be honest, I'm not sure how much she'll be able to walk but I'm sure some good Rioja will go a long ways ...

by Redang

Either you walk or not, have fun!

;=)

by virtual786

Just don't wear a mini skirt and fishnet stockings.
Why wouldn't you take a taxi? Everyone always says "use your common sense". They don't realize that most people have NO common sense.

by Roadquill

You don't say which show, early or late, or you are going, but if you walk North from Moreria to the Palace and then walk down calle Major to presumably the Sol area, there should not be a problem as there seemed to be always 100's of people out until well after midnight. I have had friends run into problems in areas several blocks South of calle Major, so I would stay to the major streets. Best regards, Karl (an nobody has ever bothered me when I wear my fishnets ;-) )

by nomad7890

fishnets uh? As long as you don't wear FC BCN jerseys all will be well.

oops - thanks Karl!

by nomad7890

Thanks Pedro - we just returned. Turns out, it was a bit too much for my friend to walk (!!!) - but this is OK.

We had a great time. Funny thing happened, we had met two other ladies at the Corral de la Moreria. Following day we went to churros at San Gines, and found them there - so we squeezed into the table and sat down right away!

Then it was off to get turrones - thank heavens we're back. So much good food!
Even had fun while it rained on Saturday.

Travel Tips for Madrid

Reina Sofia 2.

by ger4444

Where you can find works of Goya in the Prado, here you can find works that represent a new area in Spanish painting. Because after a period of creativity in the 18 th century spanish painting went into sleep. not before the beginning of the 20 th cenury it came alife again. Painters who represent this awakeing peiod are Zuloaga and Anglada-Camarasa. yet, more important is Solana (to be found in room 2) his favouite subject was the Fiestas and the people in his hometown Madrid. Influenced by Goya he painted Café de Pombo and the procession of death. Café de Pombo. a scenery of intellecuals in a former Madrid pub.

February - Pasarela Cibeles

by Danalia

The Pasarela Cibeles is the Fashion week that takes place at the Feria De Madrid.
Its presents the coming fashion of spring and fall time.
There is more information on the web site, but it is only in spanish,,,,,

www.cibeles.ifema.es

Faro de Moncloa

by HORSCHECK

The Faro de Moncloa is a observation tower of 100 m height. You can enjoy panoramice views of Madrid from the observation deck at 83 m. The tower was designed by architect Salvador Arroyo in 1992. The Admission is 1 EURO (2003).
The Faro de Moncloa is located near Plaza del Arco de la Victoria in the University District.
Metro: Moncloa

REBAJAS únicas

by Beach_dog about El Corte Ingles

A country wide department store selling just about everything you could need. Stores in most Spanish cities and at least four in the Madrid area. Go during the sales in January, discounts on many goods from 20 to 60 %. A good time to get those designer brand clothes at big discount prices.

Cinema in Original Version

by Lorro about Yelmo Cine Ideal

I read somewhere that Spaniards go to the movies more than people in many other countries. So its not a NON cultural thing to do. And if you want to see Original version movies (including English) you can check this place out. As a cinema its ok, nothing special but serves its purpose. For the Americans, no, butter is not available on the popcorn in Spain. :( Its near Sol and easy to find too. And has a nice facade.

It costs about 5.80 Euros and on non holiday Mondays its 4.30.

Comments