Hotel Barajas Plaza

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 60% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Madrid

Velázquez StatueVelázquez Statue

Círculo de Bellas Artes, rooftop terraceCírculo de Bellas Artes, rooftop terrace

the symbol of Madrid at Puerta del Solthe symbol of Madrid at Puerta del Sol

My wonderful host family!My wonderful host family!

by 9tigers

I have went through several hostels info online and am getting so depressed about it, while for some I may be ok with the age restriction my parents are not. we like hostels b/c we can cook our own meals, can anyone recommand one?

Re: can u recommand a good hostels that do not have age restrictions and in good location?

by cachaseiro

i stayed at the los amigos backpackers when i was 37 and they happily let me in and also treated me very well.
i can´t remember if the place has a kitchen thoug as i normally don´t cook.
i have the adress and a link to their website on my madrid page:

by 9tigers

ty so much I am going to email them and see

by lostsooner55

Have you visited: (www.hostelworld.com) ? I was under the impression that most hostels no longer have age restrictions for their guests. Gary

by cachaseiro

i think the problem for her here is that most of the hostels that have kitchen tend to be affliated with the YHA organisation and they often have age limits.

by 9tigers

good news, I found out age restriction does not apply if I want a private room, so I can stay at way hostel!!

by lostsooner55

That's good ! I'd looked at some of the hostels on the hostelworld site. I believe the Way Hostel was one of the most highly rated. Enjoy your trip ! Gary

by 9tigers

yes and they have 3 bed private room which is the best case for us...

ty

Travel Tips for Madrid

Plaza de la Villa.

by Maurizioago

In this square you see the Town Hall (17th century); the Tower of the Lujanes; built in the 15th century in mudejar style and the House of the Cisneros; a former plateresque palace from the 16th century that was rebuilt at the beginning of the 20th.

This beautiful square is not far from Plaza Mayor.

Eating Times & Habits

by LysDor

Madrilenos like to go to bed late at night and wake up also late in the morning. They usually start their day with Chocolate 'con churros' (lightly fried fritters) or coffee with 'bollos'(rolls). Eat lunch at three o'clock, go back to work at four till seven or eight, and eat dinner at ten --at home; when they go out they eat dinner at eleven or even later.

You can imagine how difficult that was for us to adapt as our internal clock (hometime) was already 2 hours late. Even if we tryed to eat earlier that was made impossible as restaurants do not open (or serve you) before 1pm for lunches or 9pm for dinners, lol!

Edificio Telefonica

by ruki

Of course this is building which is belong to Spanish telecommunications company. From the Edificio Grassy you can already see the tower of the Telefonica. The building is built between 1926 and 1929 and with 88 meters high building was one of the largest in Madrid. It is built in American style by Luis S. Weeks who is also American.

Address: Gran Via 28

Natural History Museum

by SirRichard

This is a rather unknown museum. It's not in my Top10 list, but is nice if you are interested in natural history. It's got a lot of dissected animals, as well as temporary exhibitions.
c/ Jose Gutierrez Abascal, 2. Metro: Gregorio Marañón.
Entrance 3 euros.

Markets at night

by suvanki about ? Goya

After hours of exploring Madrid, on the way back to my hotel at night, I decided to try and find the Palacio Deportes, as I was intending to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, play there the following night, but I eventually found I'd wandered off in the opposite direction.

I came across this small craft market, which I think was in the Goya area. There were lots of stalls selling scented candles, and different crafts. Outside the tents was a lifelike statue of a man pushing a brush, and nearby was a stone sculpture of a crucifix.

If anyone could tell me where these were, and a bit more about the statue and sculpture, I'd be very grateful! needed to be wrapped up warm in Madrid at night in November!

Comments