Hotel Husa Nuevo Boston

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 51% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Madrid

Barjas Airport, MadirdBarjas Airport, Madird

Madrid Barajas Departures (T4)Madrid Barajas Departures (T4)

With friends outside one of Madrid's many bars!With friends outside one of Madrid's many bars!

Iglesia San AndresIglesia San Andres

New Years Eve / Noche Vieja

by maestrousmc

Hello all! I will be in Madrid for New Year's Eve and am looking for a nicer place to dine before enjoying the festivities. I've been there during this time before and am fully aware of how difficult it is to get in without a reservation so a place which allows for it will be perfect. Traditional to modern Spanish fare would be on top of my list. All recommendations welcome. Thanks!

Re: New Years Eve / Noche Vieja

by IanMacPhail

A popular restaurant in Madrid, close to Sol and Grand Via is `La Gloria de Montera`.
Look at www.lagloriademontera.com
It`s a few years since I visited Madrid but I remember this place being recommended to me by locals on VT.

Re: New Years Eve / Noche Vieja

by maestrousmc

Thanks. That place looks amazing. However, it looks as if they'll be closed on New Year's Eve. Definitely a great place for another night though.

Travel Tips for Madrid

Museum-Madrid

by Scarz

I don't think their website is updated. I was just at the Prado today, (Sunday) and it was 6 euros to enter. There was a long line to get through as well. Remember to buy your ticket BEFORE you get in the line to enter otherwise you'll be sent back to get tickets first. They offer guided tours, but at 50 euros a person which I thought was a bit much. We did fine on our own.

I hear the Thyssen-Bornemisza is a must....I can't wait to check it out. I'm here until Friday, so if anyone wants to hang out....let me know.

P.S. bring an umbrella

The Gate at Alcala

by surferob

This was about as far east of El Prado that I walked. This gate, called the Puerta del Alcala, sits at a big roundabout on the northwest corner of the Parque de Buen Retiro. The Retiro park is probably the place that I most regret not having the time to see during my brief glimplse of Madrid. If you've seen my Barcelona page you know of my love for city parks, and Retiro is said to be one of the finest around. Next time I'll get past this gate.

Navidad: Belenes (Christmas: Nativity Scenes)

by Redang

A popular tradition. There are many all over the city:

- Royal Palace
- City Hall (entrance: Calle de Alcalá)
- Puerta del Sol (entrance: Calle del Correo)

and many more in churches.

When you go from Plaza de...

by myrk

When you go from Plaza de Oriente to Palacio Real, turn left before the Palace. Then, just after passing the cathedral (de la Almudena), turn right. There's a small church - it's like a separate part of cathedral - but very different! Usually nobody is there. Small light allowed us to see everything different - with its old walls - you feel like you were travelling in time back to Middle Ages...

(the picture: it's always good to listen to real spanish music!)

Xanadu Shopping Mall

by SirRichard about Department Stores

If you miss the American Shopping Malls and wanna spend the day in one, you can go to this huge complex not far from Madrid (23 km).
Here you have plenty of shops, entertainement, fast food, cinemas, indoor ski, karts...

BUT avoid going there on weekends, is soooo full of people that you won't be able to move and it will take you hours to get there through the traffic jams.

Comments