Princesa 40, Madrid, Madrid, 28008, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• FMoralesWettstein's Profile Photo

Luxury lodging in central Madrid

The HUSA Princesa is very well located on the upper end of the Gran Via and is essentially a continuation of that boulevard. It's within short walking distance of the Plaza de Espana, the Royal Palace, the Opera house. A little further (but still within walking distance) from the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Plaza de Cibeles, Puerta de Alcala, El Retiro, the Prado, etc. This hotel used to be part of the Melia chain and is very nice. One of the other respondents mentioned that, for the money, you could do with something closer to the arts. I agree with that assesment. Both the Villa Magna (a Park Hyatt property) and the Ritz Carlton are on the Paseo Castellana at about the same distance from the center of town as the equally priced HUSA Princesa. These two other hotels are on the same street with the Prado and the other museums as well as other art-oriented locations (open air book markets, galleries, etc.) Good luck with your visit.

Unique Quality: I've not stayed at the HUSA Princesa in many years and was commenting on the location. When I did stay there (as a Melia property) it was a first-class establishment with good decor and great service. I have stayed at the Villa Magna in the last few years and that continues to be my preferred high-end location when in Madrid.

Directions: Central Madrid. Close to Plaza de Espana

• pabertra's Profile Photo

Luxury In Madrid

The Husa Princesa is one of the top of the line hotels in Madrid. It sits right by the famed El Corte Ingles department store and is convenient to a wide variety of tourist attractions. The rooms are modern, spacious, and comfortable. I really enjoyed every aspect of this hotel from the amazing fitness center to the world class art work that graced its walls.

• bonmse's Profile Photo

$160 USD

Unique Quality: This is a 5-star hotel on one of Madrid's busiest boulevards (Calle Princesa). The room was nicely furnished, everything was in top condition.

There's a gym in the bottom floor of the hotel that allows guests to use its facilities. Also, the parking garage is shared with the Corte Ingles parking lot.

The only complaint is that the mini-bar fridge is a mini-vending machine that has no room to store the guest's own drinks or food.

Hotel Husa Princesa is located on Calle Princesa, which as you come in to Madrid from the north on the A-6 highway you'll see the Arco del Triunfo monument shown here.

Directions: Princesa 40 (metro Arguelles)
    28008 Madrid

More about Hotel Husa Princesa

Help me choose my Madrid Hotel!

by capecodd

In two weeks I will be in Madrid for 2 days before I join my tour group at the Agumar Hotel. I am traveling with my teenage daughter and would like to stay in a different hotel for the first two nights. I've found good rates for the following but can't make up my mind.I have read a lot of forum reviews too.
Husa Princesa $162 (2nd night free)
Villa de la Reina $93
Bauza $104
Preciados $99
I'm leaning towards the Princesa because of its' proximity to the Palace Real.Any suggestions?I want a nice place under $100, safe and good location to walk or take taxi's. Thanks for the help.

RE: Help me choose my Madrid Hotel!

by worldinabag

Hi

Just wanna say first of all that you'll find central Madrid quite a compact city so everything is in walking distance or a short metro ride.
For reviews of Husa Princesa see www.tripadvisor.com. Main warning is the cost of breakfast and it is suggested that you try to get this included in the deal.
We just came back from Spain. We did a Cosmos tour. Spain is wonderful - you are in for a cultural feast! I loved Madrid. We did the same as you will be -we stayed in a hotel (a much cheaper though adequate one) a few days before the tour started. I'm glad we did - there is so much to see in Madrid. Seems to me that you are keen to see the Palacio Real - I don't blame you. Just a couple of tips - the Royals don't live there but it is used for official duties occasionly. The Palace is closed to the public then. This happened to us and I was very disappointed. Fortunately we were able to go the next day. So visit ASAP in case you need to return on another day. I asked the official there what is the best time to visit the Palace. He suggested 9.00am. I'm glad I took his advice. We returned next day at 9am and went straight through and when we exited a couple of hours later there was quite a queue.

I hope this helps. If you need to, email me for suggestions on other places in Spain that we visited.

Have fun in lovely Spain.

RE: Help me choose my Madrid Hotel!

by SLK

if those sites have pictures of the hotel check them out - walking round outside some can look quite grubby.

As said before Madrid is compact and the main sites are all in walking distance - the metro is like any metro and very easy to understand. The Palace is more towards the 'bottom end' if you take the Plaza Mayor as a central location.

I stayed at one the best western hotels which was fine - can comment on the £ as it was a package deal.

Have a great holiday - I loved Madrid