4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Kaspian's Profile Photo

Hotel Liabeny

So what the hell? It's only 10:45 PM in Madrid and I'm eating in the cafeteria at my hotel. I'm lucky it's even open because and all the other restaurants in town won't serve a crumb of food this late. Late? Is 11 late? The waiter makes me a grilled chicken sandwich and pours a coffee. Damn, it's really good. Why didn't I eat earlier somewhere more local and colourful? Because all the restaurants were crazy busy--full to capacity, with people literally overflowing out the front doors. I didn't really want to stand while eating tapas, you know? Why's the core so crowded anyway?
    Although central, this hotel is very hard to find through Madrid's mazelike streets. As I left for a stroll I picked out landmarks and kept a map snug under my arm but it still took me close to an hour to find it again later. When I named the hotel and street name to taxi drivers they gave me a confused look and asked to see my map.
    The desk reception is very friendly. A polite young guy gave me a quick check-in, arranged a wakeup call and taxi for the next day, and helped during check-out.
    The bedroom and bathrooms were a good size. A clean shower and tub were just what I needed after a day in the hot sun and the high-speed train ride from Sevilla. I used the Internet service on the flat-panel TV and other than the bizarre keyboard, I had no problems with it.
    I liked this hotel a lot; it was close to all the action but also a great refuge from the chaos of Spain's capital city. ...But get your bearings well before you go on a walkabout.

• arnesk's Profile Photo

Great location just by Plaza del Sol!

I stayed here in april-06 for 3 nights. The location was excellent. It is just a minute walk to Plaza del Sol, the center of Madrid, and even the center of Spain. You won't find a much better location than this.

The hotel was a 4-star hotel, so the standard was good. But I won't say that it was a tasteful design. The lobby/receipton was nice, with gold- and woodstyle, a luxurious feeling. But the room was not exactly the latest fashion. I stayed with 3 friends, and they got rooms wiht a shocking toothpaste-green colour on the walls.

We did have a flat-screen, though. And the staff cleaned up the room 2-3 times every day.

The breakfast was OK, they had especially a wide selection of cakes and desserts. But it was much nicer in the cafe where you could just grab a coffe or a croissant instead. Don't choose the breakfast if you have to pay extra. I missed some real bread.

Compared to other Madrid-hotels with central location and 3 or 4 stars, this hotel had a nice price. I payed just over 100 Euros per night for a single-room.

Unique Quality: Fantastic location one minute walk to Plaza del Sol, and one or two minutes walk to Gran Via.

Directions: Between Plaza del Sol and Gran Via.

• klovellok's Profile Photo

We stayed at the Hotel Liabeny...

We stayed at the Hotel Liabeny and would highly recommend it. This Hotel is tucked away between Puerta del Sol and Plaza Callao. Great location for sightseeing and shopping on the Gran Via. Also close to several metro stops.

Comments