c/Preciados 37, Madrid, Madrid, 28013, Spain
Booking.com Official Site Travelocity

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Preciados

Fantastic room, with a view

by TripAdvisor Member KC305

Just came back from a week in Spain, where we stayed 4 nights at Hotel Preciados in Madrid. We chose this hotel after reading the reviews here and comparing prices. This is a great hotel. It looks to have been recently remodeled and because of the reviews here, we had requested a superior room on the top floor. The room was amazing. First it was large, we had a balcony that looked out over the rooftops towards Plaza Mayor, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was better than most people have in their own homes. All marble, double sinks, jacuzzi tub, remote controlled skylight, and complimentary robe and slippers. Shortly after checking in, we also received a plate of fruit from the manager to welcome us. The manager was so nice, and extremely knowledgeable with directions, recommendations, and always with a smile and a greeting. Location of the hotel is perfect - one block from the pedestrian section of Calle Preciados where you will find El Corte Ingles (department store), FNAC (music, movies, electronics etc), Zara etc. A five minute walk from the hotel will get you to Plaza Mayor in one direction, or Plaza Oriente and the Palacio Real in another direction. Take a few minutes to study a map and you'll soon figure out how to get around. Madrid is a wonderful city with many things to see and do. The sightseeing buses were very affordable and convenient, with the ability to hop off and on at any stop. Make sure you stop for hot chocolate and churros at the Chocolateria San Gines late one night after dinner, and explore Cava Baja south of Plaza Mayor for lots of tapas bars and cervezerias. Definitely would stay here again and would go for a superior room again also.

Well worth a visit

by TripAdvisor Member adethomp

What a great hotel! My wife and I stayed here over the Christmas period and have to say that it is one of the better appointed hotels that we have stayed at of late.

First off – Location. It is situated right slap bang in the centre of Madrid’s shopping area, so if you don’t like shopping, look elsewhere. Being married to a shopaholic, the hotel was ideally placed for us. It made a great base from which to explore the whole of central Madrid’s shops and restaurants.

Arrival, First Impressions. Very clean looking exterior and reception area. While it was not the biggest reception area I have seen, it was very clean with tasteful décor.

Checking In. We found the receptionist on arrival (as with all of them throughout our stay) to be very courteous and have a very good understanding of English. The porter had gone walkies so we had to find our own way to our room, but this was not a problem really.

The room. Very, Very nice! Wooden floors, minimal but tasteful décor. A very good sized room with a nice comfy bed. The bathroom was really nice, marble throughout the floor and walls with one wall above the sink area being mirrored and a good power shower over bath combo! Noise? None at all, you would expect a little street noise being right in the middle of the city but the rooms are so well soundproofed you may as well have been sleeping in the middle of a field because it was silent! The minibar is stocked with bottled water and various juices with the odd bottle of beer, but it was all free and stocked up every day when the room was serviced, a very welcome addition.

The hotel has a good restaurant and bar but unfortunately we did not try either of these but both looked to be of good quality. One restaurant I can recommend to you is Tres Encina, about three buildings up from the hotel. You can’t miss it, it’s the one with the amazing display of fresh seafood in the window. It’s a little bit pricey, but worth it, the food is great and the service is fantastic!

I will be returning to Madrid in the future and will definitely be returning to Hotel Preciados for my stay as I could not find anything at all to fault about the place. It is definitely worth a visit if you like taking city breaks.

Beautiful hotel, wonderful location!

The location of this hotel was amazing it itself, but once we got up to the room, we were quite pleased at the spaciousness and clean decorating -- modern yet traditional at the same time. We had two french doors that opened onto the street, which when open, let in lots of noise, but when closed, kept our room amazingly quiet! There were automated shutters in both doors as well which completely blocked out light and noise. Very comfortable room. Only complaint I have is that the air conditioning didn't get all that cold, but that's a small complaint compared to the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was awesome. WHen we walked into the restaurant, at first we were sure it wasn't included because the spread was so varied and huge, but it was included and was great. Eggs, meats, pastries, fruit, even fresh-squeezed OJ. Would definitely stay again!

Great location and quiet

by TripAdvisor Member Cincytravel

My wife and I stayed here in May 2004 and I have to agree with some of the other review about the hotel. The Clarion was a very quiet hotel in a perfect location, within easy walking distance of the palace, Plaza Mayor, and other attractions. The breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very good with many different items to choose from (make sure if you get the breakfast included in your room rate that it does not show on your bill, I had to have them take it off). Some travelers may not like the contempory decor of the rooms.

Great Hotel and Ideal Location

We stayed here for four nights on 25th August 2004.

The hotel is in an excellent central location with plenty of bars and restaurants within a very short distance. Main shopping area is two minutes walk away.

Our standard room was very clean and a reasonable size. It overlooked the street below which was very noisy with the windows open. Fortunately there are two sets of double glazed french windows with automatic roll down shutters which kill any noise at night.

The air conditioning is good and the free mini bar was a pleasant surprise.

Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Would definitely recommend this hotel for the price and will stay there again in the future.

Great location

This staff was and the location was great. The only problem we encountered was the first night. The air-conditioning did not work. It was very noisy. We moved to another room the following day. The rest of our stay was awesome.

Fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member Natsw

Stayed here for 2 nights recently and the location really couldn't be better. The room was very clean and nicely decorated but there was an overpowering smell of solvents which meant we had to have the air con on so we could breathe! Perhaps the previous occupant had a solvent-abuse problem..?

Treated very badly on Romantic weekend

by TripAdvisor Member g-bit

Following the good reviews read here I booked this hotel for a weekend break for my partner and I. On arrival we were told that a room was not available and were bailed in to a car and taken to another hotel where they had made us a reservation. The Hotel (the Tryp Washington) was of a much lower standard in a worse location and was undergoing major building work. We asked the Preciados to move us elsewhere to a hotel of at least a similar standard but our calls went unreturned and they made no effort to reconcile the situation. In the circumstance I think the least they could have done was to put us up in a decent hotel and respond to our complaints. I've since complained to the Hotel and to the Clarion group but have received no response and a month has now past. Other reviews make this place sound great but and I was really looking forward to the stay. Unfortunately they ended up spoiling our whole weekend.

Fantastic location, great hotel

We stayed for four nights in a junior suite, and were absolutely delighted with the accommodation. The location is excellent, central but not on a main thoroughfare, and within easy walking distance of most of the main attractions. There are lots of shops, cafes and restaurants within two minutes of the hotel, including Starbucks whic was very handy for breakfast! The hotel was very welcoming to our three year old, and she had big sofa bed in the lounge area. The free minibar was great and the room was tastefully furnished, very modern but comfortable. The bathroom was huge with a jauzzi bath and lots of little extras. Would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone on a shortbreak to Madrid.

The Preciados Was Peachy

by TripAdvisor Member rlemon

The Preciados internet price was a draw, and so was the location. This was my second visit to Madrid, and I wanted to stay in a different neighborhood than before (near the Prado). The hotel is well-situated as well as clean and comfortable. The rooms had been recently refurbished and the free mini-bar was stocked well. There can be noise transmission from room to room, although it was not bothersome at the time. I think the hotel was only half full. The hotel is located near the largest El Corte Ingles department store in Madrid, and the cab ride to Atocha, or the Prado or Thyssen-Bornemisza museums is quick and inexpensive.
There are restaurants in the area that would fit a variety of pocket books.

The staff at the hotel was courteous and helpful; the breakfast buffet was good; the restaurant decent; there is a bar behind the lobby, that doesn't count for much--although furnished in good taste, there are no windows and poor ventilatilion, so if there were a smoker or two in the room, we had to leave. They did have coffee, teas, brandies and so on, and it could be a pleasant place for an after-dinner treat. When we arrived, there was no one available to help us with the luggage--it is a small hotel--but on our departure, there was help available.

While we were there (mid December, 2004), one of the two guest elevators was being repaired. We joked about it taking so long. Nearly three weeks later (now January of 2005) we returned, and there were still men working on the elevator.

Yes, I would stay at the Preciados again, yet if I return, I want to learn another little neighborhood.

3.5 days in madrid with 2 teens

by lionmouth77

i am researching about what to do in Madrid for 3.5 days with teens ages 17 and 14. suggestions of good hotels/appartments are great. and if we should spend more time (or less)thanks

Re: 3.5 days in madrid with 2 teens

by lionmouth77

Hey again! Here are my plans so far of what to do each day. Tell me if I will have time to do all the activities I hope we can do each day.(but dont want it too busy) Or if it is impractical to do certain activities on the same day (example: they are far away from each other, though I tried to not let that happen) Also any other activities we should do. So you can help us more: I am interested in outdoor stuff but still like pretty much anything else. (Sorry that didn’t explain anything) my brother likes things that are interactive. (Example: street fairs and hands on museums. not look at a painting place or look but don’t touch places) My dad loves history. And my mom likes anything to do with the Catholic Church (we have been to Italy) and she likes beaches. As always suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Day 9-Paris/Madrid- Hotel: overnight train
• 7:45pm-leave for Madrid($612)

Day 10-Madrid- Hotel: Hotel Preciados
• 9:13am-arrive in Madrid

Day 11-Madrid- Hotel: Hotel Preciados
• Royal Palace
• Royal Tapestry Factory

Day 12-Madrid- Hotel: Hotel Preciados

Day 13-Madrid/Lisbon- Hotel: Hotel Preciados
• 10:45pm leave for Lisbon($540)

Comments