Value Score Poor Value
Good For Families
The Best Around
This was by far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, not only because of the great rooms, but because the staff was the best I encountered in all of Spain and Portugal.
Unique Quality: Complimentary champaign and sweets for frequent stay members
- Huge bathrooms
- King beds available
- Dining in 3 restaurants
- Wireless internet
Upscale Luxury Old World Style
Upon a "last minute" decision to visit Spain during the Spring Festival in Sevilla, I stayed at the Villa Magna in Madrid upon arrival in Spain. Since this was a spur of the moment decision (used those Delta FF points), I did not have accomodations settled upon arrival. So in the airport, out goes the Palm Pilot to check on which hotels I have points in. Since I had enough Hyatt points to stay at the Villa Magna, I treated myself for one night.
Hotel staff was pretty helpful over the phone in coordinating with the US headquarters regarding using points since they were at "full" capacity. Front desk called the room half an hour I checked in to see if everything is satisfactory.
The bed was lofty and very sleep inducing. Furnishing was old world style with fabric like wallpaper and tapestry like curtains. Felt like the room was something out of the Royal Palace.
Unique Quality: Hotel style unique to others I have been to:
* 2 doors to the room - the outer door from the hall leads to an "entrance corridor" which leads to the inner door to the room. What a great security and privacy feature when ordering room service, honeymooning, etc ;-)
* Separate bath and dressing area
* Turndown service also puts chocolate mints on the pillow and toasted almonds on the coffee table
* Classic movie scene spiral staircase leads to the second floor.
Area the hotel is located at is in the Salamanca neighborhood near Serrano Street - an upscale shopping area comparable to 5th Avenue in New York City and also financial businesses and embassies nearby.
There's a French restaurant and a Cantonese restaurant on the premises. There's also a Champagne Bar with a great terrace.
Immediately at the back to the hotel is a walkway to El Corte Ingles department store - has everything - clothes, electronics, travel agency, and gourmet grocery shopping.
Popular Hotels in Madrid
Gran Via 38, Madrid, Madrid
Plaza de las Cortes 7, Madrid, Madrid
Calle de Orfila 6, Madrid, Madrid
Paseo de la Castellana 22, Madrid
Explore the World
- Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort
- Eurotel North Edsa
- The Senator Hotel
- Hilton Daytona Beach/Ocean Walk Village
- Grand Oasis Riviera Maya
- Hilton Kingston
- Medina Grand Sydney
- Comfort Inn Times Square South
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- Devi Garh Fort Palace
- Beacon Light Motel
- Q1 Resort And Spa
- Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
- Apollo Serviced Apartment