Gran Via 66, Madrid, 28013, Spain
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Vincci Via 66

Museo de Cera, MadridMuseo de Cera, Madrid

One of th efacades of the PradoOne of th efacades of the Prado

Happy after shopping :-DHappy after shopping :-D

The two leaning towers as seen from my house!The two leaning towers as seen from my house!

which hotel

by aeb

We are three middle aged ladies intending to spend a few days midweek in Madrid. We want to gat a hotel near the centre, near a metro station but not in too noisy an area. Any recommendations. We are currently choosing between vincci soho and vincci via 66. Which would be best from the point of view of location and comfort.

Re: which hotel

by Roadquill

Gran via 66, is a very busy, bustling area. I think there is a large movie theatre very close by. However, it is a relatively short walk to Plaza Espana, Temple diebold and the Palace as well as a 10 minute walk to Plaza major. Just North of Gran Via there is quite a bit of petty drug dealing and prostitutes on some of the corners. I would expect the Soho to be a little quieter, and the Soho is closer to the major museums, Prado, Thyssen, Sophia Reina....I like staying the Vincci hotels but have not tried the ones in Madrid. Have a great time. Karl

Re: which hotel

by Deedee99

Hello, I am staying in Madrid in September and have booked Meninas...I suggest you take a look - it's design hotel in the very center. Price is affordable, but I guess this is not the problem..Have a great stay in Madrid! Sabina

Travel Tips for Madrid

rest for a while in RETIRO

by Malecka

... well, when reaching Puerta de Alcala you simply have to spend the next few hours in Parque del Retiro. Lovely park! … take the Paseo de la Argentina which takes you to a nice garden and also a place where you can see the Real Academia de la Lengua! Beautiful sight!

Local Church

by scottishvisitor

The Church is the worship place of the Nuns from the Convento de la Descalzas. It was constructed in the 16th. century. The Nuns are from the Franciscan Order. I loved the brick detail of this church so different to the surrounding buildings in the commercial part of Madrid.

Would you like to eat some "Madroños"?

by ozalp

Yeah, I mentioned about my "lack of height" before. I am too short to take the pictures of this little colorful fruits between the leaves. But I have pictured and tasted them in my home city. So I can easily recommend them. But I am not sure picking up fruits at the streets is permitted or not.
Madroño is a wild fruit and has a strange taste. It is juicy, sweet (not too sweet!) and soft. We call it "kocayemis".

Madrid's "Fifth Avenue"

by Jefie about Calle de Serrano

Calle de Serrano runs through the very posh Salamanca area. It is one of the most expensive neighborhoods in all of Madrid, and it most likely is where your country's embassy is located. The most popular activity in the area is high-end shopping, and you'll find all the big names on Calle de Serrano and its side streets: Prada, Gucci, Dior, Cartier & Co. are all there, along with the very popular Spanish store Zara. Looks like Madrid knows how to live up to its title as one of the world's fashion capitals! I don't know much about fashion but I'm guessing you'll find designer bags, shoes, etc. As much as you can possibly want to spend!

1920's Cafe

by Lorro about Cafe Manuela

For night and day, Cafe Manuela is a wonderful bar to have a specialty coffee or coctail. The decoration still transports you to a the 1920s. Its the perfect place to philosophise with your friends. It is in the neighborhood of Malasana near Plaza Dos de Mayo. My favorite time to go is a Saturday or Sunday lazy afternoon but its also popular at night too. There is a big selection of board games too. (they even have Trivial Pursuit in English.) I think they do poetry readings and the like on some weeknights.

Comments