Ingles Hotel Madrid

ALANinWORCS69's Profile Photo

Great Value...Greater location

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 13, 2007

Stayed at the Ingles May 2007. I spent a bit of time pre-planning and the Ingles seemed to have the right credentials; in my budget and a suitable location. I checked out tripadvisor and their did seem to be mixed reviews... especially concerning noise! Anyway I booked it and upgraded to a recently refurbished room (I think about 10e extra a night.).
Arrived at the hotel and was pleasantly surprised... lobby/reception was nice.. not large or anything, but clean and well maintained. The room we had (106) was on the first floor and at the rear, with a window view into a small central atrium. No view at all to speak of really...but this may be the price to pay to avoid any street noise as mentioned in Tripadvisor reviews.
The room was large and clean and ours had a huge (if long and narrow!) bathroom, no bath but a fantastic shower. And when i see "Grohe" bathroom fittings I know it's going to very good.
The Hotel is positioned in the northwest area of the Old Town only one block from Plaza de Santa Ana, great location and walkable to all the sights and Atocha train station (10 mins).
Helpful and friendly staff and a great breakfast(5e)' again this seems to disagree with some comments on "trip" but I honestly couldn't fault it... I guess it's all about timing... or luck, who knows? Found the best price for this on booking.com

Unique Quality: Great location... but i'd pay for the refurbed rooms.

Directions: 0ne block east of Plaza De Santa Ana

CookingMonster's Profile Photo

Disappointing!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 14, 2004

On the recommendations of fellow members, we booked a few nights in this hotel.

Admittedly I was blown away by the gorgeous room we had (at a great price!). However, after travelling for over 24 hours from Australia, and dying for a nap, the last thing we wanted was a big renovation in the next room. The noise was ear splitting.

Why they thought we'd be happy in a room next to a building site I have no idea. When we complained, they did nothing. We had to convince them to give us another room (a dingy back room - half the size of the original).

The staff were very unhelpful.

Unique Quality: I guess you could call ear splitting hammer banging and tile smashing noises unique!

Christina1881's Profile Photo

Right of the "Puerta del Sol"

by written on June 15, 2003

I had the pleasure of staying a couple of days in "Hotel Ingles" the last nights I was in Madrid - and I must say it was a really nice experience.

Unique Quality: The room I had was a singleroom - with a nice sizedbed - television - bathroom.

Directions: From Plaza Puerta del Sol follow Carrera San Jerónimo... after the roundabout C/Echegaray is one of the first streets on the right!

4 Photos of Ingles Hotel Madrid

Madrid Travel Forum

Need advice about Madrid, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Madrid and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Madrid hotel reviews