4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 78% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about ME Madrid Reina Victoria

ME Madrid was OK!

by TripAdvisor Member CTEventPlanner

I travel a lot for work - so I feel as if I have a good basis for judging hotels. My boyfriend and I just stayed here in December for a business trip he had, and we thought it was fantastic. The rooms were a little small, but no worse then any New York City room. The staff was super friendly and all spoke English, which was helpful to us Americans. My boyfriend had 2 meals at the hotel and said the food was not great - but when you are in Madrid, there is no reason to be eating in a hotel. There were a ton of great restaurants right in the Plaza de Santa Ana. The hotel did offer a free continental breakfast each morning which was pretty extensive. It could not have been in a better location, we were within walking distance to everything. The beds were comfy, the TV was great (with at least 5 stations in English). For a hotel that has only been open for less then 2 months, I thought it was well put together. Both bars at the hotel were great and pretty happening. The bathroom was fantastic, although no tub if you like to take a bath in hotels. Overall, I was pretty impressed.

Style over substance

by TripAdvisor Member lambley

We have just returned fron a weekend at this hotel and my impressions are somewhat ambivalent. The hotel was extensively refurbished very recently and has some stunning features including a rooftop bar which attracts a queue even on a rainy night in November. The location is just superb, dominating a small square completely edged by bars, restaurants and a theatre and within easy walking distance of the Prado, Plaza Major and Palacio.Service is excellent, though occasionally over-enthusiastic - you can only take so many welcome calls to your room! However, my overall impression was tinged with disappointment. Our "deluxe " room was really small and looking over an inner coutyard. Although it had very hi-tec tv, DVD, internet access etc there was no space to use it unless you were lying in bed. The bathroom had a lovely shower, great towels and Aveda products, but the make-up mirror was set too high for me to see into (I am average height) and you had to climb into a very high bath (no slip-mat) to use the shower. There was no full length mirror.The bed was comfortable but had a very thick duvet on it meaning that the air-con had to be a full force in order to get any sleep. Breakfast was priced at 20 euros - very excessive for the limitted offerings (which included ice-cold poached eggs), but Melia loyalty card holders (MaS) can get 2-for-1making it a bit more reasonable - I would stick to the local cafes. We got a weekend deal at 168 euros a night and I certainly don't think it is worth any more. The hotel renovations are still incomplete so be warned if you are not keen on sharing the place with tilers and plasterers!

Great Stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member texoil

I spent New Year's Eve 2006 here with my fiance and her family--we rang in the New Year at the rooftop bar. This hotel was amazing. The staff was excellent, catering to my every need. The service in the lounge and restaurant was above-average (a huge compliment in Europe). The hotel was clean, well-maintained, and had a great feel to it. The room was exactly what was promised, with updated electronics, etc. The bathroom even had an "American" electrical socket. Most major museums and attractions are within walking distance. The only potential drawback is that the hotel faces a very busy town square that is popular at all hours of the night---great news for some hotel patrons, miserable for others. I would strongly recommend this hotel to my friends. My fiance and family stayed at the Ritz--they all agreed they should have stayed here.

amazing hotel, shame about the noise!

by TripAdvisor Member Lauraashleyfr

This is a wonderful hotel and we got a great deal through expedia. The rooms vary in size in each category so its worth asking at reception if they have anything bigger. The service was brillliant and the hotel is incredibly relaxing. The only down side for me was there is a disco on the roof top bar which starts at 1am and does not finish until 5am. Im not normally one to moan about noise, but this really was ridiculous. Shame, as it was glorious otherwise and a great location. We had one of the inside rooms where the noise seemed to tunnel down so perhaps rooms facing out towards the square are better.

Wonderful service

by TripAdvisor Member LanW

We just got back from 4 days in Madrid and had a wonderful time. The hotel staff was great. Any thing we needed was handled in a professional way promply. The hotel is located on the Plaza Santa Ana & is convenient to the museums. The rooms are small but well appointed and spotless. The food in the restaurant for breakfast was buffet and delicious. We would stay there again.

Madrid through the eyes of .......

by marishollandspain

"Me !!!"

Madrid is the city I live in for the past 6 years. I came here in June 2000, but I must admit it was not completely love at first sight. Over the years I learned to appreciate Madrid, a lot in fact! Madrid is a city to discover little by little. Madrid is its unique atmosphere, its typical ¨barrios¨ with its bars and its people, its neverending nightlife, too hot summernights, great museums, tomar un pincho in the morning, siestas and its relaxed way of life....to name a few things !!

Madrid... just have to love it!

by Urzu

I have travelled a bit in my life, and also I have lived many years outside of Spain, but the city that is always in my heart if definitelly Madrid!
To me Madrid is lively, interesting, has plenty to see... I just can't get tired of it! This is why it's always been hard for me to understand why most tourists that come to Spain visit Barcelona before Madrid... don't get me wrong, I also love Barcelona, but you know, since there is also a lot of competition between the two cities, it's incredible that people are forgetting about this amazing city!
In any case I have seen a change to this in the past few years, the government is also doing a lot for tourism in Madrid, which is great!
So, if you ever come to Spain please don't miss the chance to visit this wonderful city!

Fountain in the lakeFountain in the lake

Hanging with La Familia!Hanging with La Familia!

North FacadeNorth Facade

Tamborrada (Madrid, Spain)Tamborrada (Madrid, Spain)

Local Artists?

by williamartz

I will be staying in Madrid for a few days and would like to know where i can find local artist galleries. Not tourist trap art but. Also a hotel that is kinda cool and close to these art galleries.
Muchas gracias!

Re: Local Artists?

by ter1413

I bought a great piece from an artist right off of the street near the Prado Museum a few years ago. I brought it home and had it framed and get compliments on it everytime someone comes by my place. It wasn't a gallery but a painter right on the street and there were many in that area. Great stuff and not very expensive...

Re: Local Artists?

by travelling567

There are some lovely small galleries on Calle de las Huertas (there's a description of the street here http://bit.ly/9QOwcD but that's more about it during the evening). The area around Huertas is also a lovely place to stay, in the literary quarter with the Plaza de Santa Ana and dozens of bars and tapas places. There's a very cool hotel in the plaza itself called the ME Madrid Reina Victoria (http://www.subwayhotels.com/Madrid/ME-Madrid-Reina-Victoria-3199.html) which is also close to the other art galleries, though I don't know if your budget will stretch to that - it's where I would stay if I could afford it!

Hotel in Madrid

Hi Guys

Can anyone please recommend me of a nice small hotal in Madrid ? i need itto be close to the cenetr and an avarage Hotel, nothing too expensive.

by saltworth

About 18 months ago my wife and I stayed in The Hotel Trip Rex on the Grand Via.Its about two minutes walk to the Place de Europa where there is a subway station. There is also a subway station about the same distance in the opposite direction along Grand Via but I cant rember its name. The hotel is one of a large chain of Hotels which are mainly located in Spain. Their Hotels range from very small tourist hotels to Five Star spectaculars. The Trip Rex is very comfortable and the standards are good(I think it has a Two Star rating) It cost us about £35 each per night.
If you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact me Madrid and its surrounding area are superb you will enjoy your visit. Whatever you do whilst there plan a trip to Segovia(about two hours by train).

by brotherleelove

Consider the Hostal Mirentxu on c./Zorilla. It's inexpensive and well located on a quiet street. Here is a link to their website.

Here is a link to a map of the Metro System in Madrid.

This is a map that will show you the "Sevilla" Metro stop in relation to
C. Zorilla:

by jacob_m

I stayed in Hotel Regente, a cheap hotel of good standard.
It's located between Gran Via and Puerta del sol.
I doubt you can get more central in Madrid.
For the exact address check my accomododation-tip on Madrid.

by ayers_rock_where

i put a hotel tip on madrid page go take a look great price and location

by balihai69

i would recommend you to check the web www.solmelia.es
they have special offers in hotels ranging from 3 to 5 stars, and u can see on line the availability of the room. for instance, 80 eur double with breakfast included .... i dont know if that price is in your mind ...

HI,

Thanks everyone for your help.

Sharon.

by SirRichard

Hola, Sharon
Check this site, they have offers sometimes:

Joaquin

Muchas Gracias Joaquin !

Advice

by poutza

Hola!
how about giving me some tips on a 2 nights ( 9 and 10 th of December )personal trip to Madrid ?
I need some place to stay around 60 - 70 euros/ night.
Also, how much can I enjoy from an extra period of , let's say, 1- 2 more nights ?
It's my first time here, but I've seen Barcelona early this year; do they come any closer ?
Muchas gracias, senhores & senhoritas.
Florin

by Maurizioago

I'd suggest to stay there two days more if you can. So that you could do a daytrip to Toledo.

I stayed at Hotel Asturias when I was in Madrid. It is not far from Puerta del Sol, so it is quite in the city centre. Have a look at my Madrid page for the right address of this hotel.

Ciao!

by Roadquill

I stayed at El Busca del Tiempo and I would recommend the place for that price range. It is just SE of Sol on calle Barcelona. Many casual eating spots right below the hotel. If you like art, the Prado is a must. The Reina Sofia is an excellent for modern art and has Picasso's Guernica. The Thyssen Borenmisma is has a little bit of everything. The tour of the Palace is interesting. There are usually things going on in the evening in Plaza Major.

by eugene.uk

Hi Florin,

You can easily do Madrid in a couple of days. To be honest, compared to other capitals such as Paris or Rome, Madrid is rather short of sights. Unless you are a museum lover, then you could easily spend several weeks in Madrid. If you decide to add two more days to your stay, then you should really consider day trips to places such as Toledo and Segovia. Highly recommendable.

As for Madrid vs Barcelona, they are quite different, but not as much as some locals like to think. To me, Madrid is a grand royal capital, whereas Barcelona is a lively down-to-earth port town, if you know what I mean.

Have fun.

by poutza

Thank you very much!
I have just bought the airplane ticket for only 200 euros, so I've decided to take two extra days; hope to have nice weather( at least, no rain ). Toledo sounds good.
Wish you all nice travels !
Bye, F.