Madrid House

Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

More about Madrid

Goya Looks Down On Prado MuseumGoya Looks Down On Prado Museum

Santi,Fari,Kim,Ursula and JoaquinSanti,Fari,Kim,Ursula and Joaquin

Museum of Natural Sciences (Madrid, España/Spain)Museum of Natural Sciences (Madrid, España/Spain)

Señor PolicemanSeñor Policeman

Architectural Madrid

by serioj

Hi every one, I together with my daughter who is a third year student in architecture will visit Madrid this May. I would like any VT'er recommend me sight not to miss in Madrid.
I came across a name about a museum about the planning and development of the greater Madrid, but I can not get back to that site. Is there anyone can tell me the detail about that museum.

by Redang

Mmm, I am not sure, why don't have a look at my page on Madrid?, maybe you can find some useful info: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8d30e/3ff84/

by leics

Do you mean the Museo Municipal on Fuencarral, 78?

www.munimadrid.es is the official site, but it doesn't seem to have English pages.

An alternative:

by lostsooner55

A thorough web site for Madrid tourism: www.esmadrid.com. Another tourism site: www.madrid-tourist-guide.com. There seem to be both the Museo Municipal de Madrid, (which now may be the History Museum), and the Museum de la Ciudad. The web site for the "Ciudad" does translate to English. A web site for public transport: www.metromadrid.es/en.index.html. Gary

by MaheshSamtani

The following link will give you information on some of the important museums of Madrid with direct links to their sites. Maybe it helps you find what you are looking for

Best regards

by lostsooner55

leics, the munimadrid.es page will translate. You can click in the "idioma" block in the upper right hand corner of the page. I didn't actually know that, I just kept clicking on all the links,lol. Gary

by leics

As it wouldn't open any of its links for me at all when I tried, I soon gave up trying!

Travel Tips for Madrid

Prado 4.

by ger4444

The Prado has also a large collection of Italien Art. Botticelli's history of Nastagio degli Onesti depicts a vision of a k knight who is forever damned to haunt his beloved and kill her is an example you can find. als o Rafael (Christus falling) and Tintoretto (washing the feet) are highlights in the Italian collection. As the Spanish royals got maried to the french royals there is also the introduction of french paintings in Madrid. the prado has works by Poussin (f.e. Parnassus) and Lorrain (Paula Romana at Ostia). Also interesting is that behind the Prado you can find the Cason del Buen Retiro. here you find work from the neoclassistic and romantic period. best paintings are by Fortuny, Rusinol, Sorolla

Street Musicians

by suvanki

During my weekend in Madrid, I enjoyed listening to, and watching the various musicians, playing on the streets of Madrid.

Three of my favourites were the trio in my 1st picture, who played near El Corte Ingles off Sol - it was bitterly cold, but they soon warmed up the gathered crowd, with some recognisable tunes, I recorded some of their music, and enjoy listening to it now I'm back home - They had a cd for sale - I didn't have enough money on me at the time, and was hoping to catch them later to buy one, but I'm afraid that I didn't. I'm trying to download my mini video onto here.

The young small girl playing her violin,(pic 2) was also very memorable - I'd just left Bar La Ideal, near Pz Mayor, after enjoying the speciality of a boccadillo calamares - battered squid in a bread roll, before heading back to my hotel, then the airport.

The 3rd group, I came across in Sol as it started to get dark - Great music, which contributed to the atmosphere of bustling Sol - they looked like great characters too. (pics 3-5)

I really enjoy coming across street musicians, and always put a few coins their way - I'm a big fan of Live Music, and am always envious, wishing that I had a musical talent.

Temple of Debod

by roamer61

A fourth century BC Egyptian Temple presented to Spain for their work on the Aswan Dam. It was reconstructed here stone by stone. An odd monument in the heart of the Spanish Capital but still an attractive park. It is located just north of the Plaza Espana.

Soap's paradise

by zumodemango about EMJABONARTE

This small shop is one of my favorite in Madrid, full of soaps: different colors, textures, my favorite big ones made of fruits! Soaps and balls for having a relaxing bath! ........it depends on what you want to buy but is not expensive!

Late Afterhours

by vanessadb about Warhol's Club

When 5am comes around and you feel like the night is still young, Warhol's Club is a pretty good choice. It remains open till 10am (noon on Sundays), doesn't charge you cover to get in, plays pretty decent music and has a pretty nice crowd and a central location. It is a bit of a meet market of course, but a decent one, besides what else can you expect after all at that point of the 'night'....

I'll see you there cause I have this strange feeling that it just might become one of my usual hangouts =P None

Comments