Nh Parque Avenidas

NH Hoteles Booking.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 43% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• BurgerQueen's Profile Photo

Comfortable but not typical accomodation

I stayed at the NH Parque Avenidas for 3 days on a business trip, and I loved my stay: the hotel is very comfortable and the staff is friendly and helpful. Just like other big hotel chains, the hotel is too much "global", nothing there reminds of Madrid, while inside you could be everywhere else in the World!

More about Madrid

Veranos de la villa , MadridVeranos de la villa , Madrid

Without our asking, our waiter took our pictureWithout our asking, our waiter took our picture

Inside Almudena CathedralInside Almudena Cathedral

The self-acclaimed best players in the house!The self-acclaimed best players in the house!

Locals-IE School of Architecture

by reyescd

This is not so much a travel question but if there are any locals online, does anyone know of the "IE School of Architecture"? My daughter is looking into possibly getting her masters there and we would just like any information that anyone might have about it.

Thanks

Re: Locals-IE School of Architecture

by Odinnthor

Well, I am clearly not a local, but I knew someone that went to the Madrid IE school. He liked to talk about his time at the school and Madrid in general. I remember nothing but good things from him about his time at the school. I have no personal knowledge.

You have likely seen this, but just in case.......

Good luck to your daughter.......d:o)

Re: Locals-IE School of Architecture

by ranger49

I am sure your daughter will have researched this well and received good advice fom the tutors on her present course.
I worried when my son ( also an architect) left the UK to do further training in Boston - but by then he was already 24 - kids have to do their own thing. Remember the best thing parents can give them are Roots and Wings.

Travel Tips for Madrid

WiFi and Internet access at Madrid airport T1-2

by marielexoteria

This tip doesn't really fall under any other category so that's why it's here. I just wanted to write about a WiFi area in T1, in case you need to access the internet to book or cancel something quickly. I needed to cancel a hotel reservation in Madrid, as we were flying standby and we got our assigned seats. I used an internet machine in the WiFi area by gate B18. The machine charges 1€ per 15 minutes or if you have a laptop, then Kubi (I think) charges 5€ per 30 minutes.

I also saw several internet machines on T2, close the SAS counter.

The internet machines accept both credit cards and Euro coins, which make it even easier for us travelers.

Olga & Miguel (Ercavica & Zaino)

by Carmela71

One of the main reasons to go to Madrid: My dear friend Olga and her boyfriend Miguel, they have enjoyed a few vt meetings and meet a few vt people before joining here.... but I got it at the end!!! they are vt members!!! and only took me two years to convince them lol

Obviously since the day that we did their pages lol they have enter only twice... but i will get them into here.. slowly ..... but i will!!!

Noche Vieja

by ger4444

At new years eve (noche vieja) all the madriles gather at Sol, where there is a clock. When the clock starts striking 12 the madrilenes eat at each gong strike one grape, on which they may do one wish. so 12 wishes for each new year!

Atocha Train Station

by Paul2001

The Atacha Train Station that services trains that are traveling between Southern Spain and Madrid became one of my favourite train stations in Europe. This is the case not only for the fine architecture but for the lovely tropical garden and water lily pond which made it quite unlike any other train station that I passed through. The temperature of the tropical gardens is kept quite high as to preserve the plants. It is actually quite steamy there. Apparently the garden was constructed in 1992.

The best cake at Puerta del sol

by Carmela71 about La Mallorquina

Since I was a child, we used to stop here for a cake. It seems that Napolitanas are the most famous ones, but I always love one of all cream... (I am not much a sweet lover, but cream is my vicious lol).

As Jose Villalba recommendation, we tried in our last time some Napolitanas, they were really nice, but the creamy one is still my favourite hehehehehe ...

Comments