Old Town Apartments-Madrid

Calle De Jose Maranon 4 Bajo, Madrid, Madrid, 280
Old Town Apartments Madrid
Travelocity Hostelworld.com Agoda.com

More about Madrid

Make sure knap sack zippers are to the inside!Make sure knap sack zippers are to the inside!

ToledoToledo

open air sculpture museumopen air sculpture museum

Airport from the planeAirport from the plane

Strip Clubs Etc. near Grand Via

by jmews

Ok dont shoot me a newb. But I view these forums and find them a wealth of info.
I am meeting with some hard drinking hard partying guys from one of our overseas offices and we will be spending time in Madrid, we are staying in a top hotel on Grand Via and I will be expected to have some knowledge of the late nite scene.

I dont think the folk are looking for a brothel, just some titillation.

Any tips much appreciated as I fear that asking a local cab driver may end in disaster.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate post.
Kind regards
James

by jmews

Wow mate, thanks for the info, I thought my post would just get deleted.
Maybe a stupid question, but are the strip clubs easy to spot or do we need the help of locals. (We went to Barcelona a few years back and apart from scary Nigerian street girls and a strange erotic show onthe Ramblas, we thought it was a really quiet place.)

by Belsaita

mmm.... probably because I'm not looking for these, but I don't think I'd seen more erotic clubs in Madrid than in Barcelona. Actually, none apart of the street girls....
anyway, do a google search for 'strip club madrid'. for instance http://www.newgirlscabaret.com/ (first result) seems to be just in Gran Via!
have fun!

by Belsaita

some things are obvious even if you don't look for them.... I remember seeing strip clubs when passing by in other cities (and I was neither interested on nude girls there ;-)

Thanks it all helps

Travel Tips for Madrid

Go on a 'tapas crawl'
Don't be...

by bonio

Go on a 'tapas crawl'
Don't be shy, try anything that looks good!
Plaza Santa Ana (picture) is good We had planned to go for a meal the day we arrived,but the tapas was mervellous in each bar we visited, so one thing led to another and... too much beer and food as usual

All the Fiestas (celebration) all through the year

by Danalia

In Spain, there's no need for a special reason to go out and celebrate, it's seems like the city is always prepare to go out and have good time.
In Madrid, the official fiestas , by calender , are all through the year.
It is different from city to city, but basically , you can find everything almost everywhere.

Real madrid

by nhcram

We just made it into the stadium before it closed for the day and we were so glad we did.
I sat on one of the seats pretending to be a spectator and could only imagine what it was like to be part of the crowd on a match day. The sheer size of the place (It holds 87,000 people!) was awesome.
We were also able to visit the trophy room and some of those were magnificent. One of them dates back to 1958 and weighs something like 58 kilos. It was made of 18 carat gold!!
We hung around for Beckham - but he never showed!
Well worth a visit even if you are not a footie fan and at only 5 Euro entrance well worth it. There is a shop at the end of the tour where you can buy virtualy anything to do with the club. Baby bottles included...NO I didn't buy one.

M-30

by andal13

"M-30" is the highway that surrounds the downtown; it is sometimes a fast way, but at rush hour you think you will stay there to live forever!

La "M-30" es una autopista que rodea el centro de la ciudad; algunas veces es una vía rápida, pero en las horas pico piensas que te quedarás a vivir allí para siempre!

My favourite disco bar

by Azzuri about La Cartuja

This is a small discotheque but throughout my entire stay in Madrid, my favourite (I was so upset when they closed it for renovation for several months ...). Selection of dance music is outstanding in both latin and world music. The rythms themselves push you to the round dance floor in the central part of the club. There is no admission fee. The club is located in the popular disco area, Huertas in a short walking distance to Sol and plaza Sta Ana. It is open till morning, so people usually take this club as the last one on their nightlife marathon. No jeans, no snickers. Standard.

Comments