Pension Corbero

Pension Corbero
Booking.com Priceline.com budgetplaces.com

More about Madrid

Yours TrulyYours Truly

Las Ventas - Lances for the Picadores.Las Ventas - Lances for the Picadores.

The Opera House in MadridThe Opera House in Madrid

El Rastro (Madrid, España/Spain)El Rastro (Madrid, España/Spain)

Alcalá de Henares or Segovia

by leila12

Which location is better for a day trip? Thanks!

by unaS

bookmark

by unaS

Thanks Pedro. Clear and concise.

by alan1972

Segovia is the more "obvious" choice, as Pedro said there are lots of important sights to see there. Alcala de Henares doesn't have as much to see apart from the university, but it's a very nice town to visit.

It might depend on where else you are visiting in Spain. If you go nowhere else outside Madrid I'd probably go for Segovia. But if you've already seen a lot of the famous tourist sights in other places, and maybe seen enough cathedrals and castles, the relatively tranquil pleasures of Alcala de Henares might be just what you want.

by we135b

Did you catch that Pedro said "other than Toledo". When I went to Madrid I day tripped to Segovia which was really nice. Its got that great castle, Alcazar, and a huge aqueduct and an old world type city but I regret not going to Toledo instead. At least, what Ive heard of it.

by alan1972

I was a bit unclear in my previous answer, when I said "if you go nowhere else outside Madrid I'd probably go for Segovia.", I really meant "outside Madrid and Toledo" - Toledo is so popular (deservedly) that I sort of took it for granted.

by Belsaita

I'm biased as Segovia is one of my favorite towns in Spain
I spent two whole weekends and a few afternoons in Segovia when I was living in Madrid, I still want to return when possible. No only for its monuments (that are great) but the old town atmosphere and the "off the beaten path" places

Toledo is wonderful, but for some reason it did not left this "I want to return" feel on me

Alcalá de Henares was nice to kill a couple of afternoons... but nothing else (again, for me)

But as others said, it really depends on your tastes and what else are you doing/visiting

by leila12

Thanks everyone! I am still torn, but I think I'll do a day trip to Segovia, and then just stop in Alcala de Henares for lunch on my way up north. Thanks!

by dino335

I think Segovia is more interesting, if only for the Aqueduct, which is one of the most amazing pieces of ancient architecture I have ever seen. To be honest I didn't find Acala that interesting.

Also, You can see both Avila and Segovia on a day trip from Madrid.

AS someone else said Toledo is on the top of my list for a day trip from Madrid.

by Redang

I'd choose Segovia, and some other cities before Alcalá

Travel Tips for Madrid

Evening promenade

by Lalique

After delicious and hefty dinner Madrid was eager to show me around a bit more, maybe it was influenced by the fact that I once revealed that I like cities at night, who knows...

We walked along Gran Via watching the brightly lighted windows and blinking neon signes, groups of youngsters laughing and chatting loudly rushed back and froth in search of friends and entertainment.... Madrid wispered into my ear - hey, watch it, the night has just began, you'll see the city that never sleeps...

Spanish peseta changed to Euro

by Birsen

The Euro is the new 'single currency' of the European Monetary Union, adopted on January 1, 1999 by 11 Member States. Spanish Peseta changed to Euro. Peseta is not valid anymore. Spanish people is still speaking on peseta about values of things . So do not confuse yourself. For your info, I Euro = 166.386 peseta.

***No problem for Visa/Plus (ATM Locator) or MasterCard/Cirrus. There are plenty of them particularly in touristic areas.

relaxing time, massage, spa

by gandara

Between 2 painting exhibitions, why not going for a massage?

One of the best facial I ever had! and I had plenty all around the world!
Very professionnal, very relaxing!

Calle Condé de aranda, 6

Souvenirs and interior things

by LanaFromRiga about Souvenirs

Shops of souvenirs are locating near the Plaza Mayor. There you can find handwork’s laces, stitch crafts, punkahs (Almo – Raima). Ceramics, leather and bijouterie you can buy in “Arco – de - Cucilieros”. In Eurtas and Lavapies regions, there are many shops with traditional ceramics. One of the best shops of modern design is “La Oca” where you can buy original goods for house.

Teatro Real Cinema

by keeweechic about Theatre

The Teatro Real Cinema or Royal Cinema Theatre, was once a cinema which held 1,000 seats and 64 private boxes. In 1924 it also housed a Wurlitzer theatre organ which played during screening. During the Spanish Civil Wall a bomb caused damage but it was repaired and reopened in 1943. There have been other renovations over the years and today the Cinema has hosted shows such as comedies, thrillers and dramas.

Comments