Petit Palace San Bernardo Hotel

Petit Palace San Bernardo
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Lovely hotel

My boyfriend and I stayed here when we visited from London. We stayed for 3 days/2 nights and did not have the added extra buffet breakfast for 10 euros as it did not look that interesting. The room was very nice, modern and clean. It is a 2 minute walk to the centre of Sol which was very nice! If you look at the map you would think it is further but was extremely close. There are a lot of very nice restaurants and ice cream shops which are an added bonus because of the heat! Overall i would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay near the centre of madrid.

Unique Quality: The staff were extremely helpful mainly when my boyfriend was looking for a bar that showed english football, the staff took him outside and showed him. They also let us use their computers to print out some coach tickets free of charge.
    The room was extremely quiet and we did not hear a peep even with the window open for some air.

More about Madrid

Look for this signLook for this sign

Palacio Real, MadridPalacio Real, Madrid

"Filipinos" chocoloate cookies"Filipinos" chocoloate cookies

Atocha Station (Madrid, España/Spain)Atocha Station (Madrid, España/Spain)

Place to stay!!!

by RussoBH

Well, just bought my plane tickets and now finishing booking my Europe trip for May....any suggestions of places to stay or the best neighbourhood to stay on a budget?
Just a place that I can leave my stuff while I spend the day walking and touring......preferably close to the sights......while looking at the net I found these two.....does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks once again,
Leo

by dino335

This place is cheap, nice, clean and one block form the Center of Madrid the Puerta del Sol. Walking distance to almost everything. Hostal Riesco. They have a website, but I couldn't get it to work in English, so here's a link to trip advisor info.

The hostal is on not on street level, you take an elevator up to the reception area on the third floor. This place has been run by the same family for several generations

by RussoBH

Thanks for the tip...I'll check the Hostal website...and the reviews as well!

by unaS

I liked this place. Cheap, convenient, close to everything, safe and clean:

Full details on the hostal on my Madrid page, Tips/ Hotels&Accommodations

by RussoBH

Thanks for the tip unaS, I'll check this place!!!!

Cheers

Travel Tips for Madrid

Visit OLD Madrid

by Sharrie

Visit OLD Madrid: This is where PLAZA MAYOR, PALACIO DE SANTA CRUZ, CATEDRAL DE SAN ISIDRO & PUERTA DEL SOL are located. Wandering around the square, absorbing the ambience & excitement of a new city & just be... was very fun & exciting! Although not speaking a single word of Spanish was a little tough... the sandwich man was looking at me with a wierd expression, hahahaha...

Going out (1): museo de jamon

by ger4444

A special typical way of going out is spending time at the ham museum, as museo de Jamon is translated literally. You can find any sort you are looking for. They serve drinks of course and it’s a great way to experience Spanish food. You eat the hams as tapa’s. The interior of the bar is amazing, there are hams all over the ceiling. The Serrano ham is in the form of a leg and it is with salt. You can also find them at Gran Via, 72; Alcalá, 155; and Atocha, 54.

Packing List

by BellaMora

BE PREPARED FOR LOST LUGGAGE!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU´RE COMING FROM VENICE!!!!! Would you believe my luggage got lost once I arrived in Madrid!? Good thing I just happened to forget to pack my toothbrush in my luggage and shoved it in my purse on the way out, running late! There was about 20 of us that came from Venice through Zurich to Madrid on the same flight all the way and only 6 got their luggage when we got to madrid. NO LIE! Pack some overnight things with you just in case. And it was funny because my chaufer wasnt surprised at all why i was late getting to him when i told him they lost my luggage! Neither the hotel. Adventure Travel Like I said, Im not crazy about Europe´s idea of bath towels, so I brought my very own American-made face clothes with me.

Palacio Real de Aranjuez

by andal13

Palacio Real de Aranjuez (Royal Palace of Aranjuez) was a summertime palace, built at 17th century, close to rivers Tajo and Jarama. This magnificent palace is surrounded by beautiful gardens.

El Palacio Real de Aranjuez fue un palacio de veraneo construido en el siglo XVII cerca de los ríos Tajo y Jarama. Este magnífico palacio está rodeado de hermosos jardines.

Free time and entertainments

by LanaFromRiga about Cafes

Inhabitants of Madrid are having fun all nights long during the weekend. On the Saturday night, people who are ready for having fun are gathering in cafes. Than everyone go to bars, restaurants and after that to discotheques and nightclubs. There are problems with parking and streets are full of cars on nighttime. If you decided to have not so active night you have to choose cafes – tablao where are flamenco shows or visit Madrid comic opera sarsuela.

Comments