Plaza Vazquez de Mella 4, Madrid, 28004, Spain
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Room Mate Oscar

Really funky, stylish hotel - great fun

by TripAdvisor Member ricard67

Another excellent place courtesy of the Room-mate chain. Oscar is wildly overdesigned, with incredible blocks and banks of subtly changing lights on the walls (saying, if you step back a bit, words like "LOVE" in enormous letters), and mad colour schemes in the rooms, such as white combined with apple green. It looks like something out of Stanley Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and a bit like playrooms for adults. It's not for conservative people or traditionalists. But the staff are very friendly. Breakfast is served in a very stylish room, and the food is marginally better and fresher in my experience that Room-mate Alicia. Internet access is wireless, easy and very fast. The immediate area is a bit dodgy, a noisy square in Chueca, but the overall location is very good. It's also better value than Alicia. Not sure why it's cheaper, because it's a better hotel. Perhaps location. Oh - I was there the night they had a water emergency that another poster complains about, and yes, it was very frustrating because the plumber couldn't come until 9am the following day. Surely a 100-bed hotel can get an emergency plumber at any time! But the staff were deeply apologetic, gave me a 50% discount, and that sort of situation is very rare indeed. I strongly recommend Oscar if you like a youthful, stylish, slightly frivolous experience.

A great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Livingincolor

My wife and I started our honeymoon at the Oscar and found it to be a great hotel. We were able to reach it easily via the Metro from the airport. The location is terrific, central to everything. The staff were fantastic, friendly, efficient and warm. I got sick in Madrid with a bad fever and the Oscar staff helped my wife helped us rework our travel itinerary. The complimentary breakfast is very good. The rooms are comfortable with funky decor. Ask the front desk for the key/handle that will open your bedroom window. Also, your room keycard controls the lights.
They have a hotel safe and can provide you with helpful hints about where to go in Madrid. We will definately stay there again.

An Oscar Winning Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member d8d4

This is a great hotel. All the Room Mates I've stayed in in Madrid have been good but the location of this one, the rooms, the breakfast and the staff all make it stand out and I look forward to my next trip so I can stay there again.

The coolest

by TripAdvisor Member timofeo

The room was incredible. I wanted to feel like I was someplace special and I certainly did. The location GREAT! The staff was super helpful. All in all a great stay and I would recommend it to everyone.

Our best choice ever in Madrid

by TripAdvisor Member chueca

We stayed at Oscar during easter 2008 and could not have chosen a better hotel.

The room ( a standard double ) had a chic look, equipped with all we expected.
Bathroom with bathtub nicely decorated - high class.

Excellent staff - all in all - we got all we expected and more during our stay.

As a bonus and one of the main reasons we picked the Oscar was location - location - location. In the middle of Chueca can never be wrong for gay or non-gay tourists to Madrid !!

Hip design hotel in great location

by TripAdvisor Member iheartu

Great value for centrally located design hotel in the super gay neighborhood of Chueca. Deluxe room is spacious with interesting details. Lots of good tapas, restos and bars right outside. Good breakfast included.

Cool Chic Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member tjamiga

A modern hotel near the heart of Chueca. Excellent location near plenty of tapas bars, restaurants, shopping, and great nightlife! Very helpful staff, really cool modern room, free wireless internet and nice breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that visits Madrid. We look forward to our next visit! Thank you!

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Marty26

We have just retured from a 3 night long weekend stay in Madrid for my partners 40th birthday. What can i say about this hotel. The location was excellent, we walked everywhere during our stay (Although it was rain rain rain on the saturday). The staff were very very helpful. As it was our 1st time in Madrid we asked the reception staff for some advise on what to see and do. They went out of their way 2 provide us with detailed instructons on the map and gave us advise on where 2 eat tapas etc etc. They were also very helpful in giving us info on where 2 shop, where 2 eat and where 2 go 4 a drink. The room (Superior double) was beautiful and very comfortable. Huge bed, large room and huge walk in shower. Overall our whole experience was excellent and i would definetly recommend this hotel 2 anyone going 2 stay in Madrid, whether it be your 1st tme or not. We will definetly be using the Room Mate chain of hotels when we next visit.

A Great Short Stay !

by TripAdvisor Member beatey

Just returned from a 3 night stay , we booked on the recommendations of other reviews . We had the Orange room , bed was really comfortable , large shower. Everything was really clean. The staff are great, very, very helpful, we had a very early flight and taxi was arranged in 5 mins. the location is good too, Metro just at the top of the road. Breakfast Lovely. Would stay again if back in the city.

Excellent in every way

by TripAdvisor Member finners80

The hotel is excellent..the area is great for shopping, like all reviews say it's 2 mins from Gran Via metro stop. We got a taxi from the airport which cost 35 EUR after the taxi driver got lost! The metro back to the airport was 2 EUR each. The hotel itself is whacked out but very different to anywhere else we've stayed. The room was small enough but perfect for the two of us. The bar is lovely and the tapas are very upmarket. The place is very popular with the locals which is a great sign. We walked everywhere and found the shops very easily. One thing we wish we'd done was book a good restaurant before....every place we went to was fully booked. Try to get a Spanish friend to book!!
All in all a great place and will be back in the Summer.

Palacio CristalPalacio Cristal

The ladies at dinner :-)The ladies at dinner :-)

Me at the Puerta del Sol, not getting mugged!Me at the Puerta del Sol, not getting mugged!

Palacio de Longoria (Madrid, Spain)Palacio de Longoria (Madrid, Spain)

Madrid Apodaca Apartments Apodaca, 5, 28004

by vmills2

Has anybody stayed at these apartments. We have booked for end of August. The reviews seem quite good. Also does anybody know anything about the location, i.e. seedy, busy, nice etc. Please let me know, we could always cancel. Thanks.

Re: Madrid Apodaca Apartments Apodaca, 5, 28004

by Roadquill

Every little neighborhood is different in Madrid and you are in the center of Madrid, probably a 15 minute walk to Sol and a 10 minute walk to Gran Via. The metro system is excellent and you are a short walk to the Tribunal metro. That said, when I walked at night between Gran Via and Tribunal I noted there were several corners where prosititutes were marketing themselves, but this was closer to Gran Via. There also seemed to be a bit of light drug activity as the streets are darker than other areas in central Madrid. I would consider the nicer areas to be around Opera and in Salamanca (just N of Parc Retiro). Karl

Comments