Santillan

Hostal Santillan
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

• camilo74's Profile Photo

Is it a hostel room? Looks like a Hotel

The rooms in this hostel are very comfortable , at least the privates ones, i stayed in a twin room, it was more comfortable than many hotel's rooms where i have stayed, The location is great in Gran Via , the Building , beautiful , loved the old lift

Directions: Gran Via , couple of blocks from Plaza de España. Plaza de España Subway Station

More about Madrid

Photo from the netPhoto from the net

Chinchon.Chinchon.

Trees in the centre of Plaza de OrienteTrees in the centre of Plaza de Oriente

Churros Con Chocolat at San GinesChurros Con Chocolat at San Gines

Directions from Plaza Espanya to Plaza Eliptica

by cherrychops

Nomad referred me to the link for the metro de Madrid but I was unable to find a route to take me from Plaza Espanya to Plaza Eliptica. Is it not possible to travel this route by metro. I am taking a bus to Toledo for a few days and the point of departure is listed as Plaza Eliptica (which looks to me like a metro station as well as a bus depot on the map)

by dino335

If I am reading this map right from Plaza de Espana, you take the 3 (yellow)line south to Legazpi

and transfer to the 6 (gray)line to Plaza Eliptica

by dino335

Looks like I was wrong as on the metro offical website say linea cerrado for the six line which means it's closed.

by cherrychops

Thanks Dino. I see the route that you are looking at. Thanks for the link. I am now thoroughly confused though. Are the metro madrid and the urban rail links showing the same underground system?

by cherrychops

This would explain why the madrid metro site advised that my route could not be find.so how would one get there?

by dino335

I looked a little further into this and found out buses to Toledo run from the Estacion del Sur which is at the Mendez Alvaro Metro Stop.

by dino335

PS I have be to Toledo Twice but both times I had a car.

by Redang

I don't want to mean that you're wrong, but are you sure that it's from Plaza Elíptica?, beacause there are buses (at least two years ago when I took it) from Marqués de Vadillo

by cherrychops

I got the information from the www.alsa.es site. I have just checked it again and it definately says Plaza Eliptica. There seems to be a main bus station close to Plaza Espanya , perhaps we can get a bus from there to Plaza Eliptica.

by dino335

Yes, I saw several sites indicating it was moved to Eliptica -- after seeing a few not updated sites.

by cherrychops

Thanks Pedmar , I will have a look at this route.

Travel Tips for Madrid

Try to visit during San Isidro...

by plazacam

Try to visit during San Isidro (Patron Saint of Madrid) in May (May 15th is the exact date but the festivities go on all week long). Concerts and cultural events are widespread and the city is truly hopping. The photo at left, my first encounter with a 'Chulapa' lady and her traditional San Isidro garb. I did not actually meet them but linited myself to observation from above. The two of them are crossing the Plaza Mayor and I thought this shot was interesting. For more photos on San Isidro, please visit my website at www.multimadrid.com. Thanks, Jer...

Madrilenos' Pride

by acemj

I snapped this picture in Plaza Colon. Madrilenos are proud of their beautiful city, their cuisine and the fact that they seem to defy the need to sleep. The city really never sleeps and Madrilenos have mastered the art of staying out all night and getting to work on time the next day.

Blind birds in the city?

by staindesign

Something I thought that is clever, on the street corners when the pedestrians can cross the light chirps like a bird. At first i thought it was so strange, but maybe it is for blind people since they can't see when they can pass. We don't have anything like that here in the US. Blind people just have to risk it!

Kukuxumusu

by Nathalie_B about Souvenirs

"My friend went to Madrid and all he brought me was this lousy T-shirt" Remember those? You probably saw them in every country and city you visited. There's a perfect solution to it, in Madrid. Kukuxumusu started as a t-shirt street art for the beer money purposes and very fast became famous and popular. They have some funny, interesting, and unique designs and will make your gift very special. Although popular for it's T-shirts some accessories like bags, umbrellas, hats, towels, and magnets, so if you're looking for a unique souvenir from Spain this store is highly recommended.
In case you're not planning to get to Spain in the near future but still got interested in Kukuxumusu products you can always shop online

More free life music...

by tweetycaro about La Negra Tomase

Mojitos, Daiquiris, Pina Colada,... This is Cuba in Madrid. Great atmosphere, cuban music....
It is very close to the yout hostel ( los amigos) great if you had a drink too many ;)
Not far from Puerta del Sol. No dresscode here, just go in and have a great time.

Comments