Suite 33 Hotel

Retiro parkRetiro park

Catedral de la Almudena, MadridCatedral de la Almudena, Madrid

madrid to marrakesh

by mrocbound

Hi. I will be arriving in Madrid at 7:40 a.m. on a Tuesday in October. Since I will have only a carry on bag and an eticket, do you think it is possible for me to get through customs at terminal 4 to catch my connecting flight in terminal 1 at 9:50 a.m.? Thanks.

by qaminari

You don't go through customs if you are catching a connecting flight, without leaving the airport! You go through passport control (which controls persons, not goods: customs relates to controls on goods) if you are changing from Schengen to non-Schengen (you say where you are going to but not where you are coming from!) and security. 2 hrs is plenty of time to make the connection even though Barajas is a big airport, I have done it 4 times in the past couple of months and always within max one hour.

by mrocbound

I will arriving in Madrid from the u.s. So, in your opinion, it shouldn't take that long to get through passport controls in terminal 4 to catch my connecting flight in terminal 1? Thanks.

by cachaseiro

mostly this should not be a problem.

if you fly the same airline on both flights and have both flights on the same ticket then there are no problems whatsoever, but if you fly two different airlines or have two seperate tickets (which you will have if you fly budget airlines) then it´s always more risky as you will get nio refund if your first flight is late so that you don´t catch your connecting flight.
if i fly budget airlines with a connection then i always leave at least 4-5 hours in between flights just because i don´t want to get stuck in some airport having to buy a new ticket cause my first flight was late.

by mrocbound

Hi. Thanks for the advice. I will be coming in on Iberia and going out on Easyjet. So yes, based on your input, it might be a little risky counting on making this flight. I'm thinking of looking at later flights and maybe purchasing a "backup" ticket, just in case. I think I paid about 50 euros for the ticket so i wouldn't be out that much money. Thanks.

by SirRichard

Hi,
If you don't have to wait for the luggage it takes you about 30 minutes to get out of the T4 (let's say 40 if its the T4-S). And then you can take the metro and in 2 stops you are at "Aeropuerto" whih is the stop for T1. That might be 15-20 minutes maximum. So I think you can make it.
Joaquin

Travel Tips for Madrid

LENTIL SOUP

by Danalia

Ingredients

• 2 cups lentils (do not presoak)
• 1 16-ounce (450 gms) can (2 cups) tomatoes, cup up with a spoon
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 8.cups water

Preparation

1. Cook onion, pimento, and green pepper in olive oil, until soft, in a large kettle.

2. Stir in flour.

3. Add tomatoes, carrots, lentils, salt, and water.

4. Cover and simmer over very low heat for about 2 hours.

Estancos

by b1bob

This really should be a Spain tip, but Madrid is where I first heard of the estanco. I don't smoke, but I noticed every tobacco shop I saw in Madrid (and later in Barcelona and Santiago de Compostela) looked the same (yellow lettering on a brown background). I asked some of the Spanish students at the Complutense and they told me that the estanco is a government-run store that sells mainly tobacco products. Only estancos can legally sell tobacco in Spain. This is not unlike Virginia where hard liquor can only be sold at state-run ABC Stores. If curbing smoking in Spain was the idea of restricting tobacco sales to estancos, it failed miserably. When I was last in Spain, about half of my friend's inner circle smoked in their late teens and early 20s.

Real Madrid stadium

by Carmela71

The Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, where the Real Madrid plays.

Real Madrid is one of the best Football clubs of all times (it was elected best club of the 20th century). It?s club that has won the Champions League (Europe Cup) more times.

Every Fortnight Real Madrid plays at home during the Spanish League Season --from end of August/ beginning of September to June

My family are great supporters of this team ... I am the exception lol only support Spain as football team, leagues are not interesting, most of the times only brings violence ....

Well I went to see a concert lol not a football match..

1987 .. 15 July ... was 15 years old, and i travel all way to see my favourite group .. U2 also Pretenders and UB40 ...

Just great ...

And on the 17th I saw Tina Turner in Marbella .. the perfect week.. but what can I say my summer of 15 years was the best one ever!

You must not miss visiting the...

by Krystynn

You must not miss visiting the lovely El Escorial, the lovely royal burial grounds. There is a huge mausoleum here inside the palace (see pic below) containing the bodies of the Kings, Queens and royal infant babies. Believe me, it is beautiful. You can combine your trip to the Valley of the Fallen with the El Escorial.

Bar Cock

by tripstop about Old World Trend

This visually impressive bar is a good spot to take some friends once or twice. It's pricey, but you have to pay for fashion. However, repeated visits will soon reveal the arrogance of the waiters, which is pretty much Parisian level with the exception that this is Madrid. Chicos, esto es MADRID! Bajaros de la nubes! Get down from the clouds chaps! I say this because they forbade me to take photos without flash. I mean, one or two! I admit that the waiter who told me to do so was decidely unbusy. "We must keep our clients in check!" he seemed to say. This bar would fit better in the Salamanca district, not here, just close to Chueca. I suppose I had one visit too many there. %f trendy and classy.

Comments