Tryp Diana

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 55% less but rated 11% lower than other 4 star hotels

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

very good airport hotel.

I arrived very late to Madrid airport once and decided to stay in a hotel near the airport for the first night and just walked in to the first hotel i came across and that was TRYP Diana.
    It showed out to be a really good choice.
    My room was very good and the hotel had good facilities including a 24 hour bar which is real nice if you arrive late or have to get up very early for a flight.
    When i was there i had an ear problem and needed to see a doctor and the reception staff was very helpful and guided me to the local health clinic where i saw a doctor almost straight away and was not charged anything for it.
    This is not a place to spend several days unless you have specific business near the airport, but a perfect place if you have a very early or a very late connection at the airport.
    I paid 59 euros for a single room when i was there and that was the walk in price and i think that is an ok deal for a 4 star hotel.

Unique Quality: The place has everything i need from an airport hotel.

Directions: About 1 kilometer from the airport.

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo

Not a good choice

This hotel is located very near the airport and offers free transfer from and to there. And these are its advantages. It is supposed to be a 4 stars, but now it is hardly a 2 stars. Rooms furniture are old and worn, twin beds were the smallest I have seen in a proper hotel and rather unconfortable, bathroom was old and needed to be redone... no minibar, no breakfast included... I dont know how Sol Melia allows such a low level in a hotel with their brand. Having said that, if you are only staying for some hours before taking your flight, perhaps it will do... Prices tend to be cheap (50-60 euros/night), but... how will they ask for more than this?

Unique Quality: Este hotel esta situado muy cerca del aeropuerto y ofrece transfer gratuito (cada media hora). Y esas son sus ventajas. Se supone que es un cuatro estrellas, pero ahora mismo apenas llega a las dos estrellas. El mobiliario de las habitaciones es viejo y esta gastado, las camas gemelas son las mas pequenhas que he visto en un hotel y bastante incomodas, el banho era viejo y necesitaba remodelacion... no hay minibar, no incluye desayuno... No se como Sol Melia permite un nivel tan bajo en un hotel con su marca. Habiendo dicho esto, si solo os vais a quedar unas horas antes de coger un vuelo, quizas os sirva. Los precios tienden a ser baratos (50-60 euros/noche), pero... como iban a pedir mas que eso?

Directions: Close to Barajas Airport

• pharm1's Profile Photo

Tryp Hotels

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport. It was a pleasant hotel. Rooms had outdoor balconies. Prices were very reasonable. Food was only average but adequate. This hotel is part of the Tryp chain of similar hotels.

• acemj's Profile Photo

acemj in a 4-star hotel???

Well, as a result of missing our flight, the airline put us up in this 4-star hotel near Madrid's Barajas Airport. They paid the bill including our transport to and from the airport and our breakfast, lunch and dinner, so hey, why not? After ten days of hostals, it was time for a little luxury!

Free shuttle to the airport, disco downstairs and a convenient internet place in the lobby that also has better long distance rates than dialing from your room.
    Actually, this hotel wasn't all that impressive. There is a bar, a cafeteria and a restaurant affiliated with the hotel and there are also a few other places to eat and drink in the shopping center that is connected to the hotel. The room was much more spacious than the hostals, but the beds were no more comfortable that those at Hostal Bermeja.

Unique Quality: When I first walked into the room, the television had a message that said, "Welcome, Mark Jones." I thought that was pretty cool. You could order movies, laundry service, room service and a wake-up call on the TV, all with the use of the remote control.

Directions: Near the airport

More about Tryp Diana

Best deal for an airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bigdic

Tryp Diana, Madrid, Spain

I really don't understand the negative reviews. The Tryp Diana is the nearest hotel to the airport. It is located in a residental neighborhood with a handful of shops and bars and restaurants within walking distance. Inside the hotel it self, I noted 8 eateries, bars and one night club. The bar across from the newstand was inexpensive and the quality of product as good as any upscale taverna in Madrid. Both of my stays within a 3 week period were very enjoyable. Both of my rooms were clean and comfortable. Not to mention the bathrooms in both of my rooms were the newest most modern I've seen in Europe. Overall experince was better then most and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Bad Tryp

by TripAdvisor Member sergio2008

I stayed at Tryp Diana for one night in April 2007. This hotel is close to Barajas Airport in Madrid and I had selected it based on its 4-star designation and proximity to the airport.

After arrival at Barajas Airport Terminal 2, I called the hotel to ask for a shuttle to pick me up (this was advertised as an available service). The shuttle arrived after about 30 minutes, even though the hotel is hardly more than 5 minutes from the airport. It also waited another 10 minutes at the next terminal, all together it took me 40 minutes to get to the hotel which is 1 kilometre from the airport.

Whilst service at the hotel was friendly, the place is seriously run down and not of a standard even approaching 4-star quality:
- Carpets in the corridors are very worn and the place generally has an extremely tired feel to it;
- There is no internet in the hotel, apart from a hotel computer that costs 3 Euro per hour to use (at reception they said there was no way to use my own laptop);
- The room was not clean (various hairs in different places in the room and bathroom, dirty floor in the bathroom, dirty table tops in the room, very scratched and worn walls in the room, the hotel information documents in the room had various stains on them);
- The bath drain was partially blocked, resulting in significant water buildup in the bathtub during a shower;
- Noise from other rooms was very audible (drain from upstairs room appeared to be inside air-conditioning outlet of my room, resulting in toilet flushes and showers being clearly audible and keeping me awake; snoring from an adjacent room was audible). Also the door to the room was poorly soundproofed, resulting in noise from the corridor being audible as if people were more or less inside my room;
- There was no minibar in the room;
- The in-room safe is operated with a physical key (not with the card key or with a numeric keypad), and in my room this key was missing;
- The TV had only 16 channels, of which 4 were pay channels, and several of the non-pay channels were tuned poorly (CNN had a constant buzz through the sound channel).

This hotel is part of the Sol Melia group, which is supposedly a quality chain. However by operating marginal joints like this, with so many faults that it cannot be considered accidental, it seriously soils its image. Plus one can be sure that if they operate one dump like this, there will be others in the chain. I am a frequent traveller and know what standards to expect in a 4-star hotel, and will not stay at Sol Melia hotels anymore.

Would not stay even if they offer me cash

by TripAdvisor Member kingtao

We stayed at the Tryp Diana in June 2006, part of our Nolitour package to Costa del Sol. The hotel was rated a 4-star according to the Nolitours brochure, but I would not even give it a one-star. The lobby looked tired and smelled stinky and musty, giving us the first warning sign that this is definitely not a good hotel. Then fellow passengers from the same tour who checked in before us warned us that the rooms were much worse. Unfortunately they were right. Our room has the same musty smell and dirty. The closet doorcould not close and had a big hole right in the middle. The furniture were old and the small table had a corner chopped off. There were moulds around the bath tub and the toilet seat was cracked. Of course there were dust all over the room. The brochure mentioned a garden behind the hotel. That garden turned out to be a small city parkette where the bums and homeless hung around.
We complaianed to Nolitours upon our return and all we got was that they were not responsible for the ratings as they relied entirely on the hotel itself. What a way to shift responsiblities. We swear never to purchase anymore tour packages from Nolitours. Buyers beware.

Barely even worthy of 1-star

by TripAdvisor Member strobellayjam

I second the comments of kingtao from a few reviews below...

We booked a vacation package from Nolitour to Costa del Sol, Spain and spent our final night in the Tryp Diana in Madrid (due to its close proximity to the airport, I assume!). Never, ever, ever again would I dare step within 50 feet of this hotel again. It was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.

The hotel was rated a 4-star but is barely worthy of 1-star. I give it 1/2-star due to the fact that it is still standing. The shuttle pick up from the airport to the hotel was nearly 45 minutes late and despite the fact that they knew in advance that a large tour group was arriving, only thought to send 1 bus which could hold 16 ppl and little luggate. Spent 2 hours waiting in the hot Spanish sun.

Once we got to the hotel, we were stuffed into a cramped smelly lobby to wait for check in. On the upside, the check in staff were very friendly. That's about the only positive thing I can think to say about this place.

The rooms were simply atrocious - dusty, filthy, and dingy. Everything was old and falling apart. I didn't even want to sit on the bed for fear of bed bugs of whatever creepies were residing in the sorry looking mattress.

Not much to be said about the location. There were some shabby stores and a barber shop in the lobby (with some shady looking characters?). Decided to get away from the hell hole and took the bus & subway into downtown Madrid.

As kingtao did, we complained to Nolitours who did absolutely nothing. They attempted to placate us by offering us $25 gift vouchers. I mailed these lousy things back to Nolitours with a letter clearly stating that I will never give my business to them again and nor will my friends as it was the worst travel experience of my life.

No sleep

by TripAdvisor Member MadeleineC

We chose this airport hotel as we had a very early flight the next morning. We tried to eat early but there was little available until the restaurant opened at 8.30pm. Consequently, we ate in the cafe but it was very expensive for what you got. We also tried to get some sleep but the walls were paper thin. Noise from a very loud family next door, along with being able to hear other neighbours use the bathroom throughout the night meant we had little sleep. The reception staff did intercept the noise in the room next door, but overall the walls were too thin to keep out noise from other rooms, adjacent, above and below. This is not the place to stay if you want some sleep.

Shabby but clean

by TripAdvisor Member Clemrick

This is the hotel that Tryp forgot.

I booked by Priceline asking for a 3star because I thought for one night between flights, I wanted to pamper myself. I certainly won't use Priceline as long as this hotel is available. The rugs in the hallways are threadbare and the woodwork around the elevators and rooms are dented and smashed.

The room itself was better. The carpet wasn't threadbare, but was well-worn and needs to be restretched. The two giant cracks in the walls would worry me if I owned the joint. The porcelain in the bathroom is worn through around the drains.

Not a pampering experience and I certainly won't assume a Tryp hotel is worth it's price tag.

accomodation near barajas airport

by danita_m2001

hi ,

we plan to travel in Madrid in november . I would like to have for the last night an accomodation near the airport because the fly is early in the morning .
it is anybody who can help me ?

danita

by vtveen

Hotel Clement; free shuttle bus

by gmg61

Kris Aeropuerto Suites
close to the airport and with shuttle bus (better if you book it in advance).
You can have more info if you visit my Madrid page

Cheers

gmg

by cachaseiro

i stayed at the TRYP DIANA hotel 2 months ago.
that is about 1 kilometer rom the airport and a very nice 4 star hotel.
i did not reserve in advance and paid 59 euros for a single room.
i have a review and a couple of photos from there on my madrid page:

by nhoolb

Agree about the Tryp Diana!

by suvanki

My last trip to Madrid I had a 0900 departure (check in 0700)-was staying in Sol, and got to the airport in plenty of time using the Metro.

Comments