Tryp Reina Victoria

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 78% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• ALANinWORCS69's Profile Photo

Cool Hotel

Currently "The" place to be seen in Madrid. The former Reina Victoria Hotel (basically a hip rebranding by Sol Melia Hotels) now known as ME By Melia. This hotel dominates Plaza De Santa Ana and features a fantastic rooftop bar and restaurant (see my nightlife tip Me by Melia). I didn't stay here but spent time at the rooftop bar and ground floor bar and reception area.
    The rooftop restaurant Midnight Rose is very exclusive and booking is advised.

Unique Quality: Ultra modern and very sophisticated, and again... what a rooftop bar!!!

Directions: Plaza De Santa Ana

More about Tryp Reina Victoria

5 Star, Very Attentive Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GoDucks!Eugene

We left the ME Madrid today, after having wished we could stay longer. This is an amazing hotel. Here's what we thought:

THE STAFF
The staff is fantastic. They were extremely attentive to our every need. Dealt with our bags, arranged to have our rental car returned early at a downtown location closer to the hotel (don't try to rent a car and drive in Madrid - you will go crazy). They also helped us with dinner reservations, and even called up to the room the next day to see how dinner went.

THE ROOMS
The rooms are beautiful. Other reviewers said they were small, but we didn't find it a problem. The bed is big and comfy and there's pleanty of room for luggage and they have big windows with great views, so I'm not sure what else you can want. Each room has an entertainment system that you can use with your iPod or check out movies to use with the in room DVD player! If you reserve The Level rooms you get an iPod to use during your stay with 1000 songs. Lastly, the bathrooms must be mentioned on their own. They alone are 5 star due to the shower - a rain soaker shower head with 8, yes 8, jets down the front. This plus great water pressure equals a very relaxing time.

OUR ROOM TYPE
We reserved The Level, which came with some nice ammenities: 3 shirts ironed upon check in and 1 additional each day - same day service, morning newspaper, car washed upon arrival, etc. Everything but breakfast.

LOCATION
The location was great. We walked most of the main part of the city - from the Royal Palace to the Serrano shopping area and the museums in one day.

NEGATIVE?
The only negative was the cost of food - very expensive in this hotel and breakfast was not included with our room. They do offer a buffet breakfast in the morning that costs around 20Euro. If you sign up for their hotel membership program you get buy-one-get-one breakfast, so that helps a bit.

Not so great for the price we paid !

by TripAdvisor Member ValParis

The location of the hotel is great. You are walking distance from everything in central Madrid. The view on the Plaza Santa Ana is great !
The hotel just opened 2 months ago and the staff is too friendly and not so professionnal regarding the standing of the hotel and the price we paid.

We were at the Level Rooms, they forgot to bring us the newspaper every morning, the room had technical problem (impossible to switch off the entrance light !), and it's already damaged (the wooden floor is scratched!). No bath tube in the room too !

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member FilipeSilvaGuerra

I went to Madrid with my family in October, 2006. We stayed in Me Hotel Reina Victoria for only one night. It was the 10th time we travel to Madrid and this was the best hotel we ever been. Our room, which was not very big but very comfy, had a very nice view to Plaza Santa Ana; all the personnel were very polite. There are better alternatives near by to the restaurant of the hotel which I think is a bit expensive. The hotel in fact is a bit expensive but I still recommend it. The hotel is very good and we intend to return there in May.

luxury at its best

by TripAdvisor Member pcf

Full marks go to this hotel excellently located in the heart of the city. It is decorated in an elegant and contemporary fashion and boasts an excellent customer service where everthing is made possible.

We arrived late at night and realised that there was a mistake in our booking date. The hotel staff went out of there way to help us and eventually upgraded us to one of the luxurious urban suites. The suite is located at the corner of the building with splendid views of Plaza Santa Ana. It is fully soundproof and equipped with plasma tv, hydro-massage shower and an independent lounge.

I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Madrid and wanting that little bit more....

Madrid

by samiana

I have loved this city ever since my first visit 4 years ago. I love the atmosphere and the energy of the city which make me feel alive!
My friends ask me if I don't get tired of going to the same place time after time, but in Madrid there are always new things to discover.
To me Madrid is beautiful buildings and monuments (during day time as well as night time), wide streets, people, the sounds of the city, parks, bars and nightlife, sunshine (most of the time) and so much more.
Every visit always makes me long for the next time I'll be there enjoying Madrid...

Ah ... Madrid!

by eliowny

I love Spain in general, and for me, Madrid is sort of a cliff notes for Spain. I guess I could take a lot of flak from Spainards for that, and I'm not saying that Madrid means Spain or contains all Spain has to offer. But all the same, Madrid seems to me to have much of what is good and bad about Spain. I feel much the same way about New York, even though there is no way that New Yor is an "average" American experience.
In any case, what do I like about Madrid? The bars, the people, the food, the atmosphere. The dirt, the chaos, the sun. The way people look, the way they dress. The rain forest in Atocha.
And chocolate y churros at uncivilized hours of the morning.

the penthouse, ME Madrid Reina Victoria

by walker.sarah

Hi, I will be in Madrid this weekend and I would just like to know, how much do cocktails cost at the penthouse?? thanks

Re: the penthouse, ME Madrid Reina Victoria

by puerto_lover

Dunno but looking at Gerber promos and fact that George Clooney is a shareholder, maybe quite pricey?

Re: the penthouse, ME Madrid Reina Victoria

by Jontxu

15€

However there are much more nicer places where to have a drink, La Latina for example...

Comments