Prado 18, Madrid, Madrid, 28014, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Epochfatima's Profile Photo

Excellent Value and Location

We enjoyed Vincci Soho's modern, asian, sleek decor. The bathroom was large, which we always appreciate and the bed was comfortable. Though the lighting may be a bit dim for some, I found it adequate and relaxing. We stayed in room 411 (top floor), so had two lovely skylights above our bed. Madrid is a noisy city, and each night you can hear people talking, laughing, and singing their way out of the bars if you choose to leave the windows/skylights open.
    The location was great: technically in Huertas, but right on the outskirts of the Centre--just far enough away to be away from the tourist grind. We walked to Chueca, the Museo del Prado, La Latina and El Retiro all within 15-20 mins.
    For the final price (949 euros for 7 nights) it met all of our expectations.

Unique Quality: Serene, modern decor, great location.

Directions: Huertas, on the border of the Center.

More about Vincci Soho

Go somewhere else

We were transferred to this hotel from Vincci Centrum hotel because our "assigned room" had "problems", more like they overbooked i think. We were told Vincci Soho is a better newer hotel by Vincci Centrum. Well to our surprise, we did not think "newer" means unfinished. We were first assigned to a 2nd floor room, where the window did not close properly so u could hear street noise very well. When asked for another room, they gave us a quiet room on the fourth floor where not all the rooms were finished or were being repaired? Overall, the only thing we appreciate about the hotel, is that they have king size bed but the rest?, all hype, fancy modern looks on the outside and nothing much inside. In Madrid, there seems to be so many "new modern looking" hotels with good location. I would definitely stay somewhere else next time.
This hotel is definitely not 4 stars in room, needless to say service.

Progress in May

Hooo, boy! Were we worried when we read some of these reviews! We had bought a cancellation waiver, and I was thinking of using it, but we went ahead. If the Vincci Soho was really that bad in January, it has gotten somewhat better in May. Our room was not musty, the decorations were all finished, the hotel was qiuet at night and we slept soundly for all six nights. The breakfast buffet is expensive (18 Euros), but welcome and filling, with great coffee, vareities of Iberian ham, and a delicous potato tart. The location near the Plaza Neptune and Cortez Square was perfect for visiting the Prado. True, if their website claimed high speed internet, the Vincci should be dinged, because there was none, and there was no business center either. But we were there for vacation, and to check e-mail I went to the lavenderia around the corner. 1 Euro for 30 minutes. It was fine. I am not sure if the Vincci is the best or worst hotel in Madrid, but we did NOT have a nightmare stay. We were comfortable, happy, and ate and slept well. And we loved Madrid, too!

Great Location and pleasant hotel

I went with my boyfriend for our anniversary to this hotel which from all the information we had on it seemed very nice compared to other hotels in the area. I was very wary when the time had come to go as the reviews had been some what dreary but felt keeping an open mind was best.

When we arrived at the hotel the reception was very busy and we had to wait a while to be seen as whenever a member of the staff became free the phone would go and rather than serve a customer they went for the phone every time. However I cannot complain too much as we were 2 hours early for the designated check in time and they didn’t say a word and checked us straight into the room which was very nice of them. One major problem I had was that the room description on their website is very misleading and overstated in terms of room amenities. I was very disappointed to find that there was not a fireplace as stated, the bathroom only had a shower and NO BATH, only one basin, no bathrobes, broken safe and very little storage space.
I was bemused by the lighting and the electrics in the room. In the bathroom there was one light that was no were near the toilet so you practically had to use in the dark. There were so many switches it was hard to tell what did what and I had to deal with flickering lights over the bed that took an occasional 'knock' to put right.
The hotel has had a lot of care and attention put into it and it has a very luxurious and upmarket feel to it with really only trivial problems that are easily put right in time.

The one thing I missed was having access to a concierge to ask questions and for advice and directions. The reception was busy no matter what time of the day.

The location is perfect. There is so much beauty in the surrounding area as it is a very old and quaint part of Madrid and metro which is vital to get around quickly is only 5 minutes away.

Modern hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member terry75

I booked this hotel based on price and location - despite there being a number of varying reviews which I hoped of the poor ones were due to the hotel being fairly new.

It's in a great location - walking distance to all the galleries, plaza mayor, palace etc. and exceptionally modern. The staff on the weekend of our stay were very helpful and friendly, and we only experienced a small queue when checking out at 12pm. We didn't have any problems with our pre-paid booking through expedia.

The room was fantastic - very comfortable bed (fairly firm), good pillows, air con etc. It wasn't huge, but not small either. The LCD TV doesn't only has Eurosport/CNN in English - but then you're not really in Madrid to watch TV are you?!

Unlike the previous review here, our bathroom had a bath/shower and two basins and was very well lit.

The down side....
Noise. We had an outside facing room which didn't seem to block much of the street noise. I did mention it to reception on the way out and they said that the inner-facing rooms are much quieter. We didn't make any effort to change rooms though, as we were well prepared with ear plugs from reading previous reviews and quite happy, so they may well swap rooms for you if they have availabilty and you ask on arrival.... Definitely worth a try anyway!

Despite the noise, it's a capital city so you're going to get a bit of that anyway, they like to use their car horns in spain, and they don't even go out in the evening until 11pm, so I think anywhere is going to suffer from that a bit!

There are plenty of reviews about noise and this hotel, so if you've read them you should be prepared. We really enjoyed our stay here, and had fantastic nights sleep with the aid of our ear plugs (if you forget - go to the pharmacy and ask for Tapones de cera en los oídos!!).

One other thing to note about Madrid... there was a lot of pickpocketing and especially bag theft around. We saw somebody try to snatch a bag in the plaza mayor from under a table full of people (by crouching low behind the hedges), and met people who had their bag pinched in one of the popular tourist areas, so keep it on your lap or around your foot when sitting down.

First Class????

Small hotel, maybe just a bit too small. My wife and I were squeezing around each other to get around. For the amount of money we spent, I would assume that we would be able to use an iron for my clothes. ..like they let you do when you spend a night at a Super 8.

Great boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mingaling

The hotel is in a great location in Madrid. It’s convenient to both Puerta del Sol and the Prado area. Plus, it’s in a more quiet (i.e. non-touristy) area of the city. This hotel is wonderfully decorated in a modern style. The service from staff was good. Most of the desk staff speak English. The rooms are large, and bathrooms are huge. All amenities needed were provided.

We didn’t have meals at the hotel (come on! it’s Madrid! don’t eat in your hotel!). The beds are a bit firm, but that seems to be the norm in Europe. Around the corner between Puerta del Sol and Plaza Santa Ana is a row of the best tapas bars in Madrid! Don’t miss La Taurina and La Casa del Abuelo.

A very modern hotel

by TripAdvisor Member A frequent and discerning traveller

The location is quite central and convenient. My room was quite small, and extremely modern -- perhaps too modern even for some people's liking (no desk, limited storage space, bathroom somewhat cramped although it did have a combination shower and bath). Its modern emphasis also makes it feel a bit cold, even in the heat of the summer.

Although the staff claimed that there wasn't one, I found a free wireless Internet connection in my room.

The hotel is located in an area where there are numerous youth hostels. As one might expect, there are a scarcity of nice restaurants and other upscale venues nearby. I ate twice (breakfast, dinner) in the hotel's restaurant, which had an excellent selection, and the food was excellent if a bit pricey. There are many inexpensive cafes around as well as a Starbucks, if one has time in the morning to browse around.

Great Location - Not 4*

by TripAdvisor Member notlongawife

We stayed in room 128 which was very small indeed with dark decor however the bathroom was great. This is definately a tourist hotel rather than business hotel as there isnt even an iron available, wakeup calls are unreliable nor any of the comforts a business traveller needs. AirCon simply does not work despite staff pretending to fix it. This makes rooms far to hot to sleep at this time of year.
The rooms are clean, location is excellent which is all one needs if intending to see Madrid. Service is friendly but shocking at the same time- no clue about anything to put it mildly.
All in all - good value for money given its convenient location.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member Espana123

Very modern, boutique hotel. The rooms were VERY small. I would recommend staying at this hotel for its location. It is within easy walking distance to all the attractions but far enough from the crowded touristy areas. The Prado is only 5 minutes away. The Plaza Santa Ana is a great place to eat and grab a drink and it's only a few blocks from the hotel.

Taxi from barajas airport to vincci soho hotel (on prado street)

Hi guys,
Im arriving to Madrid tomorrow and I would like to know how much it will cost me to take a taxi from the airport to my hotel

Thanks :-)

by Jontxu

Hi, it will be around 25 euros and 20 minutes trip, do not confuse it with the "paseo del prado" that is not the same although is close.

by rosamundi

Welcome to Madrid and is really , the price of the taxi is around 20 or 24 euros.

by nomad7890

If you're not loaded with luggage you can always take the Metro - does your hotel web site show the nearest metro station? To take the metro just follow the metro signs - when you get to the metro there's a nice office that will show you your exact connections if you know where the stop is. Michelin Maps will also show you the metro stations if you get a map to your hotel and click on correct icon.

You do need to be careful with your backpack - there are pickpockets very good at unzipping your bags - just wear them to the front. I am a woman traveling alone and have never had any problem, although someone tried to pick my backpack they did not get anything (I usually carry my valuables under my clothing).

You can get the metro map at http://www.metromadrid.es/ ... to the right, center, double click on "Plano de Metro" and you'll get a pdf.

by marielexoteria

Just adding to what nomad said.

From www.ctm-madrid.es:

From: Metro Airport T1 T2 T3
Take: Line 8 (towardsNuevos Ministerios) and get off at the stop called: Colombia.
At the stop: Colombia, take: Line 9 (towards Puerta de Arganda) and get off at the stop called: Principe de Vergara.
- At the stop: Principe de Vergara, take: Line 2 (towards Cuatro Caminos) and get off at: Metro Sevilla.
From there you walk to your hotel.

by orke

Thanks guys, Once i got back my pc crashed and now im back with a new one :-)

Thanks

by marielexoteria

Too bad about the pc :( but how was the trip?

by orke

well it was business so it was short - but nice :-)
Thanks