San Lazaro, Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, 15820, Spain

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Christina1881's Profile Photo

Nice hotel

We stayed at Hotel Los Abetos for a week, and the hotel, the room, the service was all very very good. The atmosphere at the hotel was really relaxed and nice.
    Arriving at the hotel we met a smiling staff that helped us with maps of the city (my husband had to work the next morning and needed to know where to go), they also facilitated access to the wireless internet, and arriving at our room we must say that we were more than pleased.
    Everything was neat and clean, the madras in the bed was a bit to hard for me, but the plasma TV, the view and all other services was at its best.
    Breakfast was a quite expencive at the hotel - but since Santiago (Galicia) in general is a very sheap place to eat, we just chose to eat all meals outside of the hotel.

Unique Quality: The cleaning service was really good - eventhough we did not leave the hotel early in the morning (one day I didn't leave the room untill around 14h) the room had always been cleaned and the bed made when we got back.
    The recepcionists were all very smiling and helpfull.

• Excellent Value

We stayed for a week and were very pleased. I'll start with the only negative I can think of; room service was not 24 hour. It starts at 9am and finishes at midnight. The items available are limited when the restaurant is closed. Apart from that, every aspect of the stay was excellent.

The staff were very obliging and polite. The room was much more spacious that the standard hotel room with two double beds but plenty of space in front of the beds. The view was great with the city centre visible in the distance (the 2 outdoor daylight photos were taken from the room window). There was a large widescreen TV, air-con and good sized bathroom which included a very large bath.

The restaurant was excellent value considering it was a 4 star. We ate there 3 times when we liked the look of the set menu (€15). The service was faultless.

The hotel had a free bus service to the city which saved us 40 or 50 euros over the week. The longest we had to wait was 20 minutes. It was available for return trips but we were generally lazy and jumped in a taxi. The service is available from 7am to 11pm.

As far as I could work out the only places where smoking is allowed is in the pool bar and private smoking guest rooms. There was certainly no smoking in the communual areas of the hotel.

I have indicated the price range based on the deal we obtained. This was €460 for the week. This seems even better value when you consider that the local fiestas began 4 days in to the stay.

Unique Quality: This is an excellent hotel particularly considering the deals available. It's a 4 star situated in an elevated position just outside the city.

The swimming pool was a great bonus. This was open from 1pm until 9pm and had a bar which served room service items. I understand the pool is only open in the summer months.

The grounds in wihich it is set are very pleasant and include a small chapel which can be seen in one of the photos.

Directions: It is just outside the suburbs set high above the road to the airport.

More about Hotel Los Abetos

Beautiful north

by Christina1881

THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO WORK MORE ON IT SOON AS POSSIBLE

Five years ago I visited Cantabria in the north of Spain and fell inlove with the beautiful landscapes to find in this part of the world. Since my first visit to the north of Spain I have always wanted to go back, and in October 2007 I finally had the posibility to go back and visit the north of Spain, this time it wasn't Cantabria but Galicia, which I was to discover is just as beautiful and just as amazing as the part of the north that I had already visited five years ago.
We - my boyfriend and I - stayed at the Hotel Los Abetos in Santiago de Compostela, and from there we went around visiting several places in Galicia, such as Finisterre, Estrada, Vigo, ... etc.

The north of Spain is so much more green and fertile than the south that I know so well, and it is amazing to see that within the same country there can be such big differences, not only in the nature, but also with the people living in the different parts of the country.
The accent in Galicia is fantastic, the people really nice and helpfull although more "closed" than in the south, and the food - I wont even start telling about "los percebes, el pulpo y las ostras", the food is very rich and a culinary trip to Galicia is worth the while.

Comments