Sino Hotel & Lounge

Pracina da Algalia de Arriba 5, Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, 15703, Spain

Good For No Data
  • suvanki's Profile Photo

Built in 1735, but hi tech and comfy!!!

I chose this hotel due to its location, decor and price.

I booked through Booking.com and paid 95 euros for 2 nights bed and breakfast in a double room for single occupancy! I'd seen cheaper, but it was my Birthday treat!

The hotel is advertised as 500 metres from the Cathedral, it is within a few minutes walk, but appears to be just far enough away, to be in a 'less busy' street.

I enjoyed the walk to/from the Cathedral many times a day, always something different to see.

As my visit was in January - it may be very different in the height of summer.

The hotel is formed from 2 houses, the oldest being built in 1735, and is a typical Santiagueso building.

The large stone Lareira (Fireplace) in the lounge, is a traditional Galician feature .

The houses on this street were typically owned by the nobility of the era.

However, this is a thoroughly modern and comfortable place to stay.

The staff were friendly, helpful and professional.

Checking in I was given a security card / key which gave access to the main door and my room.

A lift goes to the 2nd floor - my room was on the 4th - all stair lighting is movement activated.

I was very pleased with my room - spacious and cosy - I was in the attic room, but it wasn't cramped (The only problem was the beams - I'm only 1.57m and I managed to bump my head a couple of times)

Apparently each room is architecturally different- mine had stone walls, laminate wood flooring, a large wardrobe, dressing table - with magnifying mirror, mini bar, TV (Spanish/Galician TV channels only)

Attractive bathroom with shower/bath, WC, basin, fluffy white towels and toiletries -quality shampoo, moisturiser and liquid soap, shower cap, shoe polisher.

Breakfast was eaten downstairs - Buffet with selection of juices, hot drinks, cereals, fruit, yogurts, meats and cheeses, bread rolls and pastries, jams etc.

Huge cups and contemporary crockery!

Apparently the restaurant in the hotel was undergoing renovation, which was due to be completed in Dec 06, but there had been some problem- I'm not sure what.

This was a pity, as I'd read that they specialised in Galician cuisine with a gourmet twist, which I was looking forward to treating myself for my birthday.

Unique Quality: Good location- 5 mins walk to cathedral, through old atmospheric streets.

Handy for Galician Folk museum, Contemporary Art museum, Pilgrims museum, and Bonaval Park.

Small shops, trendy bar, restaurants, within a few steps from hotel.

Friendly, efficient staff.

Modern, light and airy building.

Yes, I'll definitely stay here again- one of my favourite places that I've ever stayed in!!!!!!

Comments