C/ San Diego 60, Cartagena, 30202, Spain
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Cartagena

Half full or half empty, just buy another :)Half full or half empty, just buy another :)

Cartagena - SpainCartagena - Spain

La Manga del Mar Menor - SpainLa Manga del Mar Menor - Spain

Cartagena - SpainCartagena - Spain

Cartagena, Spain - a good place to live?

by miselemeas

I am considering a move to Cartagena, Spain, having visited on vacation a couple of times. I am looking on information on what are the best areas to live in, crime rate, security etc. I have a preference for living in the city rather than in the suburbs as I love the port area, architecture, atmosphere etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Cartagena, Spain - a good place to live?

by Aislingb

Hiya! I'm Irish, been living in Cartagena since 1997. I live in the city centre near the port. I love living here, the people are friendly, the lifestyle very relaxed. I suppose a lot depends on your age and what you are used to or looking for. Will you need to work? Now isn't a great time to look for a job :(
As regards crime and security, I have never ever had a problem - the streets are safe and there's very little robbery in the city (it's different on the coastal areas, especially during the deserted winter months).
There's SO much I could tell you, let me know what info you need?
regards
Aisling

Re: Cartagena, Spain - a good place to live?

by ranger49

Hello and welcome to VT.
miselemeas - who asked the question about living in Cartagena has not been back to the forum since June 25 2008. Perhaps S/he is living there now.
By the way, you can easily check if a member has been recently active on the Forum by clicking on their username. That will take you to the member's home page and alongside the photo you will find the date when they last logged in.
Hope you enjoy VT - and living in Cartagena, lovely town. I bet it is warmer there now than where I am.

Travel Tips for Cartagena

Cartagena - Historical Naval City

by VinceW

Walk through the Calle Mayor, Visit the Roman remains, the castles and historic buildings. Shop til you drop, and walk along the quayside, It'll be nice when it's complete! The engaging english speaking waiter with a limp, who ordered our entire meal for us, looked after us very well and then denuded us of a vast sum of money for what was an excellent meal.

Supermarket in Cartagena

by JLBG

Sometimes, even supermarkets are worth the visit !
We had never seen so many hams ! Here, some "jamon iberico de belota" (iberic ham from porks feeding practically in the wild on acorn), the best spanish ham !!

walk around calle mayor (main...

by MARTINA

walk around calle mayor (main street), city hall, roman theater, the remains of the old cathedral and go up to a hill where you can find a park where is a arab castle, from here you will have beautiful views of cartagena, the harbour and the mediterranean sea and the mountains around, the old walls are wonderful too, the carlos III walls . the image of the port of cartagena with the mediterranean sea

And why not supermarkets ?

by JLBG

It might seem surprising to recommend the visit of supermarkets in order to learn about a country ! However, it is everyday life of the people and often supermarkets have interesting local products departments. For regular travelers, it is "off the beaten path" ! In Cartagena, we have visited both Eroski and Carrefour. Both are worth the visit and have an extensive "jàmon" (ham) department. Look at photos. Eroski has an extensive "products of our land" department that makes it the best choice.

On the picture, the reverse of Eroski receipt. The warning is written in 4 spanish languages : Castellano ("Spanish"), Catalan, Basque and

Plaza del Ayuntamiento - Street Art

by maykal

As I mentioned before, Cartagena is a city of street art, and Plaza del Ayuntamiento has plenty, from the severed heads lying in the grass by the old town walls to the life size metal postman dragging his heavy sack towards Calle Mayor. On the walls, look out for the mosaic and a tiled display of Cartagena's history. Other Cartagena characters in steel sit on benches and contemplate the humans walking past....I did take photos of these sitting alongside my brother, but can't find them at the moment.

Comments