Fresh sea food !
Mercado Santa Florentina
There are various types of sea-food, shrimps, various size of Norway lobster. I have seen a huge lobster, may be 3 kg I wanted to take a picture but before I could take it, it was gone ! I suppose it had been ordered in advance.
or better Jamon iberico de belota
Why only one ? During the night, we felt guilty to have bought only one and on our last day, we went back and bought a second one !
That makes a perfect gift to bring back, doesn't it ? Everybody enjoy tasting such a delicious ham !
-El Pez Rojo 968.563109.
End Paseo de la Barra. Good fish.
Try "long and narrow" trial menu ("many dishes, small quantities"). Really generous portions in his excellent trial menu.
- Miramar, 968.563033. Beginning of Paseo de la Barra.
- Katalan, 968146021. Paseo de La Barra, next after La Tana.
- El Navegante, Tel. 968563312. End Paseo de La Barra, corner El Faro/Palangre Streets. Fish, rices.
- El Mosqui, 968.564563. In the road driving up to the Lighthouse.Traditionaly, one of the really good "caldero" rice.
- La Sartenica, 968.146001. Tavern-Restaurant, way up to the Lighthouse, wide selection of typical Murcia snacks. Good relation price/quality.
- La Palapa, 968337236. Light food until 11,30 pm if they are open. Good relation price/quality.
- Kati, 968563931. Fish and rice in the first bend of Way Up Road to the LightHouse.
- Freiduría El Faro, 968.564960 - 968.145079. Fried fish, in the port Avenue.
- Restaurante Azul Marino, reservations: 968145565, email@example.com
Next to El Faro restaurant, Port Avenue. Good cuisine offer.
-Las Dunas - Las Amoladeras - Mercadona Areas,
- El Rape, 968.146314. Old La Manga - Cabo de Palos road, traffic lights cross in front of Las Dunas "mercadillo" - the Sunday morning flee market-. Caldero and paella rices, codfish, ribsteaks.
- La Bodega 968.145485 In Las Dunas "mercadillo" Shopping Center. Good set-up menu for 9-10 Euros, 3 dishes to choose among a wide offer. Good relation price-quality.
- La Churreria, in the old road La Manga-Cabo de Palos. Good rices.
- Rosario. - 968.563037 - 968.563193. In the old road Cabo de Palos - La Manga.
Specialities: "Perdiguero" rice, excellent baked fishes, charcoal grilled sardines.
- Festivo, 968563214. Chinese restaurant on the back of Mercadona Supermarket.
-Las Amoladeras 968.563205. Located 200 Mt. before the beginning of Gran Vía de La Manga, Cabo de Palos cross road. Good food at a reasonable price.
Plaza del Ayuntamiento
Cartagena has a very impressive Ayuntamiento (town hall)...I'm not sure what style of architecture this is, but it is very ornate and striking. It now houses a tourist information office, although it was shut on that day, so I can't tell you if the interior matches the exterior. What i didn't notice straight away was the mural on one of the sides...close up, it tends to blend in with the colours of the building, but from afar you can easily make out the profile of an old man's face. I'm assuming this has something to do with the Civil War Bunker museum, which has a series of similar black and white photos of elderly faces on its walls. From up the hill behind the Roman theatre, you also notice these photos on other buildings around the city.
The regional assembly building
When you drive along the avenue, the attention is drawn towards this building which has a very special character and an amazing architecture ! It is the seat of the regional assembly of the Province of Murcia.