Husa Noain Pamplona

C. Real, Pamplona, 31110, Spain

More about Pamplona

Very full of roast chickenVery full of roast chicken

The CitadelThe Citadel

The arcadesThe arcades

Portal San NicolasPortal San Nicolas

Luggage security.

by FirstTimer1

hello everyone Im hoping someone can give me a hand here I'm planning to a solo trip to europe this summer and one of my plans is to participate in the running of the bulls. I have been looking for hostels and hotels but they are mostly booked as far as I can tell or out of my price range. I wanted to know if there is anywhere possible to store my backpack with my camera and what not in it while I participate in the run? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and to any fellow runners best of luck I hope to see you all there!

by leics

I have not been to Pamplona but it seems that a special left luggage area is set up for this event. It certainly was for 2010.

You might like to contact the people on this link to check info for 2011:

Its existence is confirmed by this link:

You could also contact them for info.

by Odinnthor

I was one of the fools that ran with the bulls back in the day. However it appears that you will be able to include the festival in your plans, although I would recommend an earlier arrival. It is an experience not to be missed for those that have no common sense......d:o)

That being said, - I really cannot help you much with accommodations. I stayed at a hotel right on the main plaza in town, and fueled by way too much alcohol, made a complete fool of myself, and frankly almost pi$$ed my pants running with the bulls. Damn, it was great!!!

Anyone of these should help. Remember, it is advantageous to obtain a balcony observation post. Have fun but be careful. Take it from someone who knows, - do not run with the bulls if you have been drinking. Wanna see my scars....?

Good luck and have a ball! It is a once in a lifetime experience.......d:o)

by Anacleto21

We visited the Preciados in 2010. My boyfriend and I including our kids had heard good things on the this hotel. I have been to lots of resorts in Madrid and the Preciados is my favorite.

Travel Tips for Pamplona

King's Cup Final

by DPando

Last june Osasuna reached for its first time the spanish cup Final... we lost (Osasuna lost) in the overtime...but my friends who were there could enjoy a lot in harmony with no harm and it was a very party

Parque en Vuelta a la Ciudadela

by mikey_e

The Parque en Vuelta de la Ciudadela, or the Park around the Citadel, is a large green space that incorporates both a modern park and some of the defensive trenches and walls that formed part of the citadel. This is a two level park, where the trenches form the lower level and then stairways and the slopes of hills lead up the modern, manicured park. The upper level is a favourite of families and those who wish to simply relax outdoors, while the lower level affords both exercise and opportunities for siteseeing, as you can wander along the walls and defensive structures of the citadel with little hindrance. There are pathways to take you to the various points of interest, although most of the built up areas are obviously inside the citadel itself. It’s a good idea to do the bottom part first if you’re coming from San Nicolas, San Cernin and Navarreria, and then to head up into the citadel proper.

Intro to Spanish Nightlife

by Radiomom

"Pamplona"

We were driving all over Northern Spain, and Pamplona was our first stop as we drove down through the Pyrenees into Navarra. It was easier to drive into than many of the cities we later visited, and we easily found an underground parking garage to leave our car while seaching out someplace to stay. (Guidebooks don't really give you much information about getting into cities by car -- something we only just realised on this long trip, where we got around by car for a month.)

Lots of pensions and hostals are clearly marked as you walk through the bustling streets, but the first three we stopped at were full-up! Well, it was around 4pm on a Friday afternoon, but we persevered and found a well-located hostal, rested up and ventured out to figure out how this Pinxtos practice works. We had eaten a large lunch earlier that day and pinxtos and tinto (red wine) sounded just fine for a late dinner.

People just spilled out on to the streets, all ages, shapes and sizes. Little kids on bikes with their parents and grandparents, groups of young party-ers, it was like all of Navarra had piled into Pamplona for the weekend. I can only imagine how jammed this place is for San Fermin (that famous "running of the bulls" festival).

"On the track of Pinxtos"

Actually we picked a place that wasn't particularly crowded to see how easy it would be to get what we thought we wanted...yes, it was easy. And we got a friendly un-hurried bartender to explain the differences between the many choices on the pinxtos menu (in Southern Spain these treats are called tapas). A couple pinxtos and two tintos and we felt initiated enough to head out and into the flow of a really enjoyable night.

"Modern life meets ancient architecture"

The next day we walked around to get a clear perspective of the local architecture. Like everywhere in September it seemed there was a lot of construction going on. I don't know if the electrical system is like this traditionally but I thought it kind of added a neat perspective to life in the historic centers of these cities.

Comments