Hällevik Hotels

Our Members Say

• Sjalen profile photo Sjalen
  • Reviews: 3561
Hanöhus: Hotel by the sea

I have never stayed here myself, and I thought parts of the hotel looked a bit on the worn side but still clean and the location is one of the better in the village with sea views from several rooms. There are also holiday cottages for rent behind the hotel and it has its own restaurant (see tip) apart from being on walking distance from others. Hanöhus is popular with those who do not want to camp but still come to see Mjällby games when the Swedish league is in season so then you need to book in advance.

The location by the sea is what makes this a nice place, along with what I thought was friendly staff.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Beaches, Road Trip, Family Travel
  • Written May 17, 2010
Tip Photo

• Sjalen profile photo Sjalen
  • Reviews: 3561

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hällevik: Camping by the sea

Our football girls stayed in campsite cottages during their football camp, so we decided to pitch a tent and come along a bit on the side. Hälleviks Camping is a four star campsite and one of the nicest we have been to due to its location. There are two tent areas and we chose the one down by the sea which came with its own roofed barbecue area, as did several other parts of the campsite. We had a quick shortcut down to the beach which was an extra advantage on this rather elongated campsite - the caravan sites furthest from the sea go well up towards the football training grounds beyond. As with many campsites, some caravan enthusiasts stay here all summer and find their favourite spots and I'm not a caravan expert but I would say that the caravans were rather close together in some parts of the site (as close as safety allows I'd guess) but no one seemed to complain and the atmosphere was nice. Wildlife too was nice, and we saw a hedgehog and several rabbits hopping along between caravans at night.

Staff were friendly even if we never saw that many of them apart from in the little reception hut which also sells some swimming gear and acts as a bit of a tourist office with brochures etc. Next to that is the campsite restaurant which has a terrace and a TV, and where you can get pizza and other simple dishes as well as coffee and ice cream. Next to that in turn, is the little mini-market with breakfast things such as fresh bread rolls in the morning and things for your barbecue as well as simple emergency camping gear. In this area there is also some swings and a minigolf area.

There were a few service buildings and they could perhaps have had plugs in their sinks so that those of us with only tents and no car could have washed up a bit easier (no plastic bowls) but other than that, there was ample space. Next to this washing room was a TV room which no one seemed to use, as well as a phone booth. The toilet/shower areas in these buildings were fine and had the radio on all the time. I'm not sure I liked the fact that you had to pay to have a shower since I think that should be included but it wasn't much...

Further up the slope were the cottages which ranged from free standing, really basic and small with bunk beds and not much else, to fully equipped with luxurious double beds and TV. I guess this is due to the different expectations all the sport teams coming here have since the campsite is very popular for all kinds of training camps not just for football - we met swimmers too.

The location is the great thing here, with the sea next to it all. Just outside the campsite is the homeground of Mjällby football club which is a top club, and less than five minutes walk away is the Hällevik Pool with waterslide and kiosk (see tip). A great family destination but it is far easier to reach if you have a car. There are very few buses out here and we relied on taxi from Sölvesborg railway station.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Camping, Road Trip, Family Travel
  • Written May 6, 2010
Tip Photo

With the sea beyond those caravans...

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful