Location: Most south eastern part Sweden.
Area: Province of Blekinge
The province of Blekinge, that also for many periods has belonged to Denmark, has a dramatic archipelago and has for centuries been the Naval Defence Port. Many of Sweden’s navy ship and submarines are stationed at Karlskrona. It was here the Russian submarine run aground and got stuck 1973. The type of submarine was called Whiskey. Hahaha, so that is why the text “Whisky on the rocks” is often seen on T-shirts and in headlines in this area.
* Naval town of Ronneby with Ronneby Brunn (=spring)
* Naval town of Karlskrona (on the UNESCO list of world heritage site)
* Blomstergården, in northern part of the province, is an unusual garden with miniatures showing pictures from fairytales as well as life in Sweden in different time ages. It also has an interesting curiosa museum. (www.blomstergaden.net)
* Ebbamåla Bruk, a unique working-life museum and industrial monument. A bit off the beaten path, but absolutely worth the detour.
* Tjärö Island, beautiful island owned by the STF Swedish Tourist Association. Village and Hostels with well kept buildings and landscape from 17th century