Ditt Hotell-Hotell Halland

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Travel Tips for Kungsbacka

A sport city!

by Henrik_rrb

Kungsbacka is a quite big sport town, even if there aren’t even one team in the first league, in any sport, from here. But there is a tennis club, about six-seven different football clubs, two ice hockey teams, two floorball teams (one of them actually played in the first league just a few years ago) and there are also 4-5 golf courses around the city. Not to mention the dance courses, the badminton lane, mini golf, and the horse riding.
And it’s also easy to just have fun with a football game or something, without joining a club. There are plenty of fields in this city to use for free.

“Inlag” is the biggest sport centre in Kungsbacka, with two stadiums for ice hockey, a swimminghall, and close to that place eight big football fields, which for example are used by the Gothia Cup, the world’s biggest football tournament for youths, during one hot week in July.

There are two tennis halls in Kungsbacka, with 4 course indoor, and another 4 outdoor. There are also other courts in the city, but to play there you’ll have be a member.
Just remember to bring a racket, since you can’t borrow one there.

Swimming in the ocean

by Henrik_rrb

Kungsbacka is close to the coast, and inside the city center the Kungsbacka river flows. If you’re looking to take a bath in Kattegatt, the ocean on the west side of Sweden, you’ll just have to go 7-8 kilometers south from Kungsbacka. One hour by foot, 10 minutes by car. You shouldn't expect a beach, but it's nice to swim and jump from the cliffs.

If you instead are looking for the beach you’ll have to go to Åsa, 15 kilometers south of Kungsbacka. There are buses going there from the trainstation in Kungsbacka, bus number 732 goes directly.

Nice walk in the forest

by Henrik_rrb

If you instead prefer to take a nice walk in the forest you should go to “Kungsbackaskogen”. It’s in the north of the city, just 15 minutes walk from the train-station. There is a path inside the forest, 2,5-3 kilometers long, where you can run for a while, or just relax and walk around in the nature.

Beautiful scenery, no matter at what time of the year you'll come. In the middle you'll also find a huge pond.

K U N G S B A C K A

by Marpessa

I stayed here for 5 days at the start of August in 2005 at a friends house. It was mainly used as a 'base' to explore the area, as I also spent time during those five days going to Göteborg, Borås and down to Helsingborg (mentioned on my Göteborg page in the 'Off The Beaten Path' section).

I wish I had taken a photo of this town, not sure why I didn't at some stage, but I had a great time when I was here.

Oh, and just in case you are wondering where Kungsbacka is, it is about a 30-40 minute drive (depending on traffic?) south of Göteborg.

I feel a bit bad for not having more information for anyone who reads this page... so here's a link to a tourism website on Kungsbacka that looks really good - it makes me wish I had seen more of this town.

Henrik's Kungsbacka page

by Henrik_rrb

"Kungsbacka - my old hometown"

I was born in Kungsbacka and lived there until I was 28 years old, with the exception of four years.

The time I've spent at other places has given me a chance to look a bit different at Kungsbacka. Views that I hopefully will be able to transfer also to you.

I still haven't been able to go back there and take some photos, but one day...

"The city"

Kungsbacka is located on the southwest coast of Sweden, close to Gothenburg.

The city itself has around 35 000 inhabitants, but with the areas around the town there are all together 75 000 people living there.

It's a "green" town, with the forest and the ocean close by. This gives the area a quite relaxed feeling. Difficult to explain, you'll have to get here to understand I suppose... ;-)

Comments