Ditt Hotell-Eksjo Stadshotell

Travel Tips for Jönköping

A city with 2 ö

by cucumbre

"Say Jönköping"

Jönköping provided me a lesson in Swedish pronounciation. The town is situation at the southern end of Lake Vättern, the second largest lake in Sweden. The shoreline of the lake is dotted with small boats and ducks oblivious to our presence. A beautiful place even in winter.

"A little adventure"

While out on one Jönköping's morning, I realized my video camera's battery was low and I wanted badly to get a battery replacement at the hotel, which was on the outskirt of the town and required a 15min bus ride.

Then at the bus stop, I found that I didn't have enough coins to take the ride! Hence, I approached an old lady who was also waiting for the bus. She couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak Swedish. But a smile with friendly gestures and expressions broke the barriers. She realized what I wanted and exchanged her coins with my dollars. When we parted, she spoke something happily in Swedish. Of course, I couldn't understand. But I sensed she was wishing me well.

I got back to the hotel without difficulties and joined my travel mates in the town after that. So that was my little adventure of traveling alone, away from my travelmates. Or maybe not, as I had my video camera accompanying me throughout the journey. :)

Comments