Elite Stadshotellet

See Also Viewed Hotels

Trains Business Travel
See Amenities
Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Great hotel in the city center

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 7, 2012

Modern and nice hotel in the very center of the city. Stadshotellet has been remade pretty recently, and I was quite shocked to hear that my mom celebrated her graduation here with her parents about 40 years ago.
Must have looked totally different at that time.

After having some trouble finding my room (why have room 305 and 3305 on the third floor...?) I was happily surprised when I walked into 3305. It's a Deluxe room, but still bigger than I had expected. Very clean, soft and nice bed and a huge bathroom.

There are actually study courses at the Växjö University about how to make the shower working, but apart from that one everything was easy to understand. Even the free wifi connection worked as a charm, something that isn't always the case in other hotels.

Had a pretty big LCD tv in the room with Swedish channels as well as CNN and movie channels. The working desk was also in a good size, and it was nice to have to big chairs plus a table in the room too.

Great service in the reception, with friendly staff. The kitchen closed at 22, and for me who that worked late that was a problem. The whole city center seemed to be dead at that time, and I was lucky to find a night open McDonalds 600 meters away.

Breakfast was included in the price and was served until 10.30 in the morning. Had a nice and calm time there, eating pancakes and fruits. Perfect start of the day.

There is a big parking lot at the square next to the hotel. I was lucky to be there on a holiday, as the parking was free. Otherwise I think it's about 10-15 euro/day, so not very cheap. Plenty of lots though, so shouldn't be a problem to park.

Hotel guests who wants to go training can also do so, as it's free entrance at the gym close by as long as you're staying at the hotel. Unfortunately I had forgotten (hrm...) my training clothes back home, so I couldn't check it out.

Unique Quality: Not sure if it's really a quality, but the hotel is writing on their home page that the famous Swedish singer Kristina Nilsson died at the hotel on the 22nd of November 1921.
Must be very unique in any case, as I doubt she died somewhere else too...

Directions: 100 meters away from the Central train station, very central located, at Storgatan. Just around the corner from the Glass museum and the Cathedral.

Nearby Elite Stadshotellet

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Växjö Travel Forum

Need advice about Växjö, Sweden? Visit the Travel Forum for Växjö and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Växjö