Solgatan 45, Jokkmokk, S-96231, Sweden

Booking.com Priceline.com

• gardesque's Profile Photo

On the half way

Being in the "middle of nowhere", I expected to find a small hotel with no or few amenities. Instead, I found a big lakeside upscale hotel. I was there off season on my way from Trondheim to Kautokeino, and was surprised to find that although we were only a handful of guests, the breakfast buffet was big enough to feed the city. And it was tasty, too, including fresh waffles. My single bed room was more like an apartment, and TV had some 16 channels. There was also a big pool table and a bar.

Unique Quality: The lakeside setting made for a beautiful view. If I had spent a weekend instead of just driving through, I would easily spend a few rolls of film on the place. All parking spots had electric outlets for your engine heater. But most importantly, the staff was friendly, smiling and happy to help.

Directions: Take the road down (east) by the gas station on the south side of town. As you keep going down this street, you'll soon find a sign taking you to the hotel at the south side of town, by the lake.

Comments