Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 4772
Camping at the river with no name
The best place to camp when hiking from Såmmarlappa towards Tarraluoppalstugorna was for me here, in the middle of nowhere. Here at this little stream you'll have it all! A nice protected spot for your tent, with a nice level underground. Fresh delicious water at hand (and the water in the Fjällen is the best!) and views to die for!
The location is at the river that has no name (at least no name on the map), which is about 2 kilometres hiking from Tarraluoppalstugorna and about 1 kilometre after getting out of the woods, when walking from the direction of Såmmarlappa. The spot where we put up our tent is on the left side of the river, a little bit down the slope, a couple of metres removed from the river. It is far enough from the hiking trail not to be disturbed by any hikers passing by on the trail above. Although I have to say that we didn't see anyone passing by until later the next morning.
This camping spot is a perfect example how you can use, enjoy and respect the unique right we have in Sweden called "the right of public access" or "allemansrätten" (Swedish).
The rules for camping in the wild are simple: It is allowed to camp in the countryside for one or two nights in the same place. But there are some restrictions. It is only allowed if you are not disturbing the landowner, or the local people. You are not allowed to put up your tent near homes, farm building, a Sami village, or on farmland.
The main rule for the 'right of public access' in general is that you don't damage the landscape or animal life, and you must show consideration for both landowners and for everyone else that is out and about in the countryside. In short: Do not disturb, do not destroy. This is a privilege we have, don't destroy it, don’t abuse it. Respect nature; “take only pictures, leave only footprints”
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Sweden Hotels
- Amazing Multi-City Package Deals! Inquire Online or at 866-674-5082. www.libertytravel.com/Sweden
- Sweden House SanFrancisco
- 1* Sweden House SanFrancisco Always the Best Rate for Your Hotel trivago.com/SwedenHouseSanfrancisco
- Find Cheap Hotels
- Save 60% on Hotel Rooms! Comparison Shopping Made Easy. www.lowfares.com/Hotel-Reservations
Explore the World
- Hotels.com Official Site
- Relax and Leave the Details to Us. Book Today and Save a Bundle! www.hotels.com/
- Hilton Stockholm Hotel
- Superb Hilton Hotel in Stockholm. Hilton Stockholm Hotel. Book Now! stockholm-slussen.hilton.com/
- Hotels - Up to 70% Off
- Find the Cheapest Hotel Rooms Now Compare Rates up to 70% Off! www.travelzoo.com/
- First Hotels Sweden
- Up to 40% on hotels in Scandinavia. From June - August only. Book here! www.firsthotels.com/
- Hotels: Booking.com
- Lowest price guarantee! Book at over 275,000 hotels online www.booking.com/Hotels