Hotell Aveny

Hotell Aveny
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Stay near the Train Station

There are some good reasons why I chose to stay in this place as it wasn't exactly the cheapest available option at about $50.
    Before I came to Sweden, the *** -retentive me pre-booked a room at the cheaper Park Hotel . All this was unnecessary , of course, in sleepy little Lulea in Autumn.
    Whatever it was, they turned me down for some reason or another. All this was was done on some creaky intercom at the door.
    I got hopping mad of course, madder than the crazy moose which had wandered into the bus lane earlier that day and nearly got all of us killed. And I was tired too, afterall, I had groped my way via train and bus from Rovaniemi to Lulea all in one day...
    So what did I do? I marched to the next nearest/ cheapest hotel and booked a room there.
    It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, the nice owner there, the cosy atmo and the free availability of hot cocoa and tea calmed down my crazy moose nerves. Better still, it was closer to the train station. A boon, since I had to catch a train at an unearthly 5am for my epic Ofotbanen journey to Narvik.

Unique Quality: Free cocoa, tea and coffee at all hours of the day !

Directions: It's very near to the train station ( south of it ) . About 200 m away.

Comments