Storgatan 70-76, Linkoping 58228, Sweden
First Hotel Linkoping
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Linköping

The famous spire visible from the trainThe famous spire visible from the train

Lights over St LarsgatanLights over St Larsgatan

The south facadeThe south facade

More SAAB PlanesMore SAAB Planes

travel modes

by jfickler

My niece is with the Disney On Ice show that will be in Linkoping in February. She would like to get from Linkoping to the Stockholm airport. What modes of travel are available to her. Taxi? Train? Is there an airport bus?

by K_V_B

Train Linköping to Sockholm Central, and from there to the airport. Trains run more or less every hour.

by Potato-Brigade

Ah, Linköping! My origines. There is an airport bus and I'm willing to bet all next year's wages that it stops in Linköping. If you can wait until tomorrow I'll see if I can confirm it. I just don't have time right now but you might have a look .... I think this might be the company that's doing the route: http://www.flygbussarna.se/Resa_med_oss/BussTaxi.aspx

by Potato-Brigade

I´ve had some luck. The company called Swebus has the right service from Linköping to Arlanda (Stockholm airport). You will notice that there is one "change" which I presume is in Stockholm city centre. If you try different dates you might avoid the "change" but I doubt it very much. Note also (if you fiddle with the dates) that it´s not going every day.

Check here:

..... and here is an interesting overview of Swebus routes:

Travel Tips for Linköping

Take the time to see the...

by sarasue

Take the time to see the nature and get to know the people. Trädgårdsförenigen is a great park in the middle of the city. In the spring and in the summer all the flowers are blooming and it is the place everyone goes to soak up the sun during their lunch breaks and time off.

The Swedish girls

by Diana75

This is an "off the beaten path" tip probably for the ladies, because for the men is more like a "thing to do" when coming to Sweden.

Well, everybody knows that Swedish girls are very beautiful. What you can see in my picture is another example.

It really feels like doing a tour of Linkoping by bike in these conditions, isn't it?

Visit the New Library

by El_Sueco

This new library was constructed after the disasterous fire that destroyed the old one some years ago. A new collection of books were obtained in a very swift way through subsidaries, gifts, systematically buyings of valuable books and so on. Linköping has to be proud over this new library, although it is sad that so many unvalorable old books were destroyed in the fire.
/to be completed/

Linkoping Sister Cities

by Diana75

I've been particularly surprised to find the sign with the names of Linkoping's sister cities in from of the Town Hall.

And this is because among the names of different cities all over the world, I have found also the name of a Romanian city, Oradea, which is located at 1,331km away from Linkoping.

Long ride back home, isn't it?

Planes, trains and automobiles

by Sjalen

OK, the last time I stopped in Linköping for any length of time was in my childhood, but then a lot happened here that I still think about. So I made a short VT page with no pictures to show why you should go there. I also promised myself that I would do so soon again, rather than just whizz by on the train between Stockholm and Malmö or changing trains from Västervik to wherever. I recently did, so here is now an updated page of a surprising city.

Yes, Linköping was the major regional city for me during my six years in little Västervik as a child. Even though Västervik is in a different county, it has always turned to Linköping rather than its own regional city in the south and this is why I have found myself here several times on school trips. Furthermore, my father happend to work here for a year at that time too and his grandfather was a clergyman here so we have links to the city in several ways.

Linköping today (Sweden's fifth biggest municipality around seventh biggest city wise) is mainly known for being the home of SAAB, makers of cars and planes, and their airplane production. This makes it quite a technological place in general and the university offers several unusual courses in the field. But the city also stands on one of Sweden's main agricultural plains so food manufacturing is also of importance and the surrounding countryside is full of farms and nice mansions.

Historically, Linköping has a special ring to it. The city is set by the river Stånge (Stångån) and the Battle of Stånge Bridge took place here in 1598. This was between the catholic Swedish-Polish king Sigismund and his uncle Karl (who won and became king) and the last time Swede fought Swede in a battle. Duke Karl was of course not happy with those who had chosen to fight for Sigismund and in March 1600 he consequently had five of the accused twelve noblemen executed in what has become known as Linköping's Bloodbath. Today, the city is a lot more pleasant than that and a good base for exploring the Östergötland province.

Comments