Radisson Blu Hotel Linkoping

Elite Stora Hotellet
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Expensive!

Okay, I have to admit on the day I arrived in Linköping I wasn't in the best mood. Bad morning, long train trip (with 2 exchanges), I had gone to get the keys to my student corridor room - but the office was closed. I tried another hotel (First Hotel) but got no reception, so I walked down to Stora Torget, saw the Radisson and thought it would do (I couldn't be bothered walking around anymore).

Unfortunately for one night, for a single room on a Sunday it was very expensive (but then again for a 4 star hotel that is to be expected). However the lady at reception was very nice to me and got me a room facing out onto the square. (Both ladies at reception that I talked to were very helpful and gave very good customer servcie).

My stay was short and sweet, for one night, but it was comfortable and the hotel was a bit glamorous.

Unique Quality: The room was quite lovely, the bed was comfortable and there were extra blankets and pillows. There was also a nice desk, a good chair to read in, wardrobe and mini bar (costs listed in room booklet). The bathroom was small, but nice, with free soaps, moisturiser and shampoo and conditioners.

Breakfast is included in the price and is either had in the Breakfast room or for an extra fee it can be brought to your room.

The TV in the room is very nice and has about 13 different channels. There are a few movie channels that are only available as pay-per-view (Which for a 4 star hotel I thought was a bit disappointing).

Guests also have access to the solarium and sauna (although I used neither of these).

I advise against using the internet access downstairs - 70 SEK for an hour is way too expensive. Instead walk a couple of blocks to the central station and for 29 SEK you get 90 minutes (Wireless internet access is available in the hotel though).

All in all it is a very nice hotel to stay at... but I think there are probably just as nice hotels for a bit cheaper in the area as well.

Directions: Main square in Linköping