Scandic Frimurare Hotel

Scandic Frimurarehotellet
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Linköping

Main entrance opposite the castleMain entrance opposite the castle

Back on StorgatanBack on Storgatan

The west facade and entranceThe west facade and entrance

Part of the cocktail barPart of the cocktail bar

from rydcentrum to linköping airport

by budor

how can I go to linköping airport from rydcentrum by bus and how much I have to bay
Is there any spicial bus
I want to go to the airport on 10th of Jun at 4am

by Joacim

If you go to http://www.ostgotatrafiken.se (the Public Transport Authority operating in Linköping) you can use their travel planner to look for your trip.

I did a search from Ryd Centrum to Resecentrum (which according to the website is just next to the airport). The result was that around 4 AM there isn't any buses operating. You got the latest arriving at 23:23 PM on the 9th and the next one is arriving 05:43. The fair costs 20 SEK.

I hope it was helpful :-)

by marielexoteria

At that time of the day, I'd recommend that you order a taxi. Normally the first bus or train runs at 5am.

by Sjalen

Where on the website did you see that Resecentrum is next to the airport??? It is not. Resecentrum is by the train/bus station in the city centre and the airport is outside the city itself (although not that far for being an airport). I cannot even find the airport listed in the travel planner and I too would recommend a taxi that early in the morning. It's not that far outside the centre as I said, and I'm sure the taxi companies have fixed fares to it.

As they say themselves "the onward journey to the Airport is easy by car or taxi":

by Joacim

Well, sorry my fault referring to the wrong site, here was my reference http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=sv&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http://www.linkoping.se/sv/Trafik-resor/Buss-tag-flyg/ and if you look in
http://www.ostgotatrafiken.se/kartor/mapviewindex.asp?name=Linkping%20resecentrum%20[H%E5llplats]&optType=0&Ycoord=1489419&Xcoord=6477122&id=50&lang=se&FromTo=1 and zoom out one step you can see in the map that it isn't far at all.

But I agree that the best way at 4AM in the morning is by taxi.

by Sjalen

Ah, I see - you are probably looking at the blue train in the picture which is near the airport indeed. Resecentrum is however the place indicated by the "H" so it's not that close. The blue train indicates Tannefors, a commuter stop on the Åtvidaberg/Västervik railway line. :)

Travel Tips for Linköping

Pressbyrån

by Marpessa

Pressbyråns are the Swedish equivalent of a 7/11. You can get confectionary (lollies and chocolate), chips, drinks, newspapers, magazines, stamps and (small) post packages and even in some (that have the ATG sign) place bets.

Their prices are a little higher than what you find things for in a supermarket (e.g. 50cl bottle of Coca-Cola is 19 SEK, in a supermarket like Hemköp that would cost 10,90 SEK), but the Pressbyråns are very convenient to use.

In Linköping there is one at the central station (you can also buy a bus pass there as well), at Stora Torget and one on Fogdegatan in Skäggetorp (north-west of the city).

Countryside Icelandic horse riding

by sjoberga

In the vicinity of the historical countryside of Ekenäs castle Sjöberga Islandshästgård offers riding activities for both beginners and experienced riders. All from lessons for total beginners to countryside riding, ranging from 1 hour to full-day trips. Accommodation is possible in a comfortable house or room with breakfast.

Cathedral's tower

by Diana75

The tower was built with the help of the State Lottery organized in 1747-1758 and was rebuilt between 1877-1886 by Helgo Zettervall.

In 1960 the two east towers were added.

The tower is 107 meters high.

Van Heemskerck's tryptich

by Diana75

The triptych made by the Dutch artist Maerten van Heemskerck had an interesting history.

The altarpiece was made for St Lawrence Church in Alkmaar, Noord-Holland.

During the ruling of the Calvinists, the painting was sold by the city council to the king of Sweden, but while it was transported to the new location an accident took place.

The triptych was miraculously rescued and donated by the king to the Linkoping cathedral.

Today in Alkmaar church can be seen a giant printed reproduction of the triptych.

*L I N K Ö P I N G*

by Marpessa

In mid-August 2007 I moved to Linköping (from Australia) for a year. I was in Linköping as a student attending Linköpings universitet and undertook a masters program on Scandinavian history and completed a basic Swedish language class.

This page has tips for tourists and travellers alike, but also has information for people starting university here. This is because when I was looking for information before I came here, I didn't find that much to help me out (maybe I was looking in the wrong places, I don't know). So some tips may be a little more student orientated, but I will point that out in the tip anyway.

Linköping is found about 200km south-west from Stockholm. It has a population of approx. 100,000 people.

It is a beautiful little city, with barn shaped houses, cobled streets in the city centre, colourful buildings, forests and a lake (Roxen) nearby as well. It is a charming place both in summer and in winter.

One thing I noticed on my first day here as well is that it has a high number of pizza restaurants... it seems pizzerias are the equivalent of an Australian pub here :).

Another thing I noticed, that is quite different to Australia, but seems very common in the Nordic countries and other areas of Europe... is the amount of people riding their bikes!

Just look at this photo taken at the train station - and on the opposite side there were just as many. In the end I did not buy a bike... however for the last three months I lived here I borrowed one of my friends (as he had somehow ended up with two). I highly recommend getting a bike if you come here to study.

Comments