Sodra Hotellet

Sodra Promenaden 142, Norrköping, 602 31, Sweden
Sodra Hotellet
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Norrköping

My friend´s food.My friend´s food.

The old Water TowerThe old Water Tower

Indoor paintballIndoor paintball

InsideInside

Travel Tips for Norrköping

Fishing in city of Norrköping

by gugi66

Right in the middle of Norrköping´s city one can fish for trout and salmon weighing in at 10 kg!!! Norrköping City Council yearly release salmon and trout into Motala Ström - The Motala River. The natural inhabitants of Motala Ström are of a varied nature.
Fishing guides are available at the fishing centre Refvens Hus. A fishing permit can also be purchased at the Tourist Office. Fishing pole and a big smile.

People's Park

by Sjalen

Just off the city centre is the huge Folkparken park where you can just stroll around, but also play minigolf, beach volley and other things in summer. Fantastic playground for your bored child!!! To get there, follow Norra Promenaden and aim for the red Matteus Church.

Cactus Garden

by Psife

In Carl Johans park there are a famous cactus group where every year 25 000 cactuses are planted in a yearly changing pattern. This custom is almost a hundred years old.

This year it celebrates that one of Norrk?pings soccer teams celebrate their 100th year anniversery.

Norrkoping Museum of Art

by Psife

Norrkoping Museum of Art is one of Swedens most spectacular art museums and contain art collections of swedish art from the 17th centuray and forward. It focuses on 20th century swedish art and has on of the nest colectiosn of swedish modernism.

In it's seven galleries it's collections as well as guest exhibitions are displayed.

Tuesday- Sunday 12-16
Wendsday 12-20
Monday closed

Admission: Free

Sweden's Manchester gone wild!

by Sjalen

I have passed Norrköping so many times on my way to my cottage but always on the train. The few times I've gone by car, we have made a break in the more picturesque Söderköping to the south. The only exceptions to this have been two visits to Kolmården Animal Park to the north of the city, as a child. So many times, we have said that we should take our daughter to Kolmården too since we are so close in summer, when we are at the outer inlet to Norrköping harbour in the next province! However, our own cliffs have been too comfortable. We simply had to take it "en route" instead and it took a popular Swedish childrens cartoon character's birthday celebrations to finally decide on this year. Thanks for getting me to Norrköping Bamse! :-) We based ourselves in the city so we could see more than just the animal park and what a delight it was. I could live here! But I guess I have always known that as I have already applied for jobs previously to be near the cottage and as I grew up in an area where a similar dialect is spoken (Västervik) so I've always felt at home in this province.

Norrköping is known for being Sweden's Manchester and although it has gone the same way as the real McCoy and no longer has many factories in action, the old industrial landscape has been kept and is absolutely fantastic. So good that it is a national heritage. Apart from that, most people of course come for Sweden's only dolphin show - come and have a look!

Comments