Kungstorget 6, Box 1013, Helsingborg, 251 10, Sweden

Travelocity Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Great hotel next to the ocean

Was sent to Helsingborg for a football game, and had planned to go back to Gothenburg directly after the game. But a strange summer storm (which made me think about swedish November...) forced me to cancel my plans and stay one night in Helsingborg.

Found the Marina Elite Plaza through a friend, and wasn't disappointed. Paid 1050 SEK (123 euro) for a single room, which actually was a double. Huge room, nice lcd-tv on the wall, bath tube and a huge bath room.

Beds (plural despite being a single room) was very comfy and I slept very well.

The hotel is built as kind of a circle, with the rooms being on the sides. In between you have the lobby, so from the room you can look down all the way to the restaurant and bar area.
    Only bad thing is that the room windows are so huge, so that all the sounds from below reaches also inside the rooms. Wasn't very happy when it suddently in the morning sounded like everyone was having breakfast inside my room...

Reception staff was friendly and helped me with everything I needed. Except for a tooth brush. Was said on a note in the room that guests could have a "morning package" but when I went down to the reception the guy there told me that there should be, but that he had been told that there weren't.

There is no WiFi-internet, but with a cable, already existing in the room, you can use your laptop to get internet connection. Not for free, unfortunately, as you must pay 90 SEK (9,5 euro) for 3 hours, or 120 SEK for a whole day.

Breakfast included in the price, and it's served until 10.30. Had to skip it though, as I first prefered to sleep in late, and then was afraid that I would get a ticket for not moving my car in time.

Parking is possible in the close by Carpark, costs about 10 euro/night. Another 5 euro if you want to stay for 24 hours.

The bar below is very nice, with alright prices. Had a beer there for 52 SEK after work was done. Also the restaurant was good, according to my colleague.

Would definately recommened this hotel, although I would guess there are cheaper ones in the city.

Directions: Right next to the Knutpunkten (train- and boat station).

Comments