Ibis Lund

More about Lund

Lund Botanical GardenLund Botanical Garden

The cryptThe crypt

Lund University main buildingLund University main building

my sleeping compartment.my sleeping compartment.

Driving in Lund

by slraven3

Hi there

I will be visiting Skåne in August, catching Lund along the way. I am advised that it is diffult, or probably best not to drive into Lund but instead find somewhere to park outside and take the train in the city centre.

Can someone give me some advice on this ? Is this the case and if so where it the best place to park in order to take the train ? (I will be travelling down on the main highway E22 from Kristianstad).

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Re: Driving in Lund

by swissfondue

I have been to Lund. Its a charming place. I didnt see any evidence of traffic congestion but I think the majority of residents use public transport or bicycle around town. The train was full of commuting university students. Sorry I cant be more helpful with any parking suggestions.

Re: Driving in Lund

by ally_smart

Driving into Lund is no problem. I work there. Just follow the signs central and there are plenty of parking houses or parking on the street. Some is free but most you have to pay but it isn't that much. The main center is closed off to car trafic but everything is in walking distance as Lund is not very big.

Travel Tips for Lund

Get on yer bike

by clivedinburgh

Once we arrived on the train, we made our way through the subway beneath the railway tracks and found a tourism noticeboard. One advert that stuck out was for a cycle hire place located at the station. The Lundahoj bike garage has an impressive large capacity for indoor secure bike storage for commuters. I had a quick chat with one of the staff to see how easy it was to hire and pocketed some brochures to take away and mull over.

Once we'd had a bit of a walk around, we grabbed a bite to eat and read through the info and maps before deciding to go for it. They required some photo ID and we'd to fill out a contract before we got a quick brief on the bikes and paid the 20SEK 24 hour hire fee. So having picked a route out of town towards Lomma on the coast we set off at 1400 hoping to make it to Malmö before it got dark.

After a few checks to see where we were using the excellent Cycla I Lund map we'd been given, we got onto a deserted cycle path that ran alongside Väg 103 towards the coast made good time to Lomma despite a bit of drizzle. The route from there ran down into Malmö and we got back to the hotel in good time.

The next day we headed for the Kirseberg area of town hoping to pick up the cyclepath towards Steffanstorp that we eventually found before heading North back into Lund to return the bikes at 1300.

The map we were given was produced by LundaMaTs that appears to have been a cycling initiative by Lund council (my Swedish isn't too good).

Lundahoj - Open Mon-Fri 0630-1930
Address - Bangatan 17
Tel - 046-35 57 42

Infos #3

by alemir82

There is no limit to the possibilities do try out the entertainments outside the world of the students! Whether you are interested in sports, theatre, dance, the nature or the environment or something completely different, there is probably an organization or association for you to find in Lund.

Go cycling!

by redsaga

Do what other inhabitants of Lund do - go cycling! There are many cycling routes within and around Lund.

You can rent a bike at :
Godsmagasinet in Bangatan. Telephone: +46 (0)46-35 57 42 or
Returhuset in Klosterangen 11. Telephone> +46 (0)46-211 87 11

Lund University

by Sjalen

Lund and Uppsala are the "Oxbridges" of Sweden and "the" places to have studied. Whilst Uppsala is the oldest in Sweden, Lund University was founded in 1666 to tie the newly aquired former Danish provinces closer to Sweden. Today, there are 34000 students enrolled which makes the city very academic even if some of them study in Helsingborg and Malmö too.

The Domkyrka, one of the...

by lotharlerch

The Domkyrka, one of the biggest Romanic cathedrals in Northern Europe.
Has undergone several renovations, of course but still has a lot of the original interior. Do not miss the Crypta, a real gem.

Comments