Gotalandsvagen 216 - 218, Stockholm, Stockholm, 125 44, Sweden

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 53% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Stockholm

Flag paradeFlag parade

No, these are not the tour boats :)No, these are not the tour boats :)

1974 before Abba was famous1974 before Abba was famous

Me in the Old Town.Me in the Old Town.

When should I buy the airplane ticket???? $$$???

by Bonheyo7

I am planning to go there in April 2011.

I am not sure if I should buy the ticket now as it costs $737 (finnair.com)

Do you have any suggestions when should I buy the ticket, what is the reasonable price, and what airline is the best?

THANKS

When should I buy the airplane ticket???? $$$???

by kiwi

Where are you flying from?

Re: When should I buy the airplane ticket???? $$$???

by GrumpyDiver

Unfortunately, there is no right answer - there are too many variables.

As a general rule, the least expensive fares go quickly and then there are only more expensive ones left, BUT, airlines to have seat sales, and airfares may be less expensive if you get one. April is shoulder season and prices would likely be "reasonable".

What airline is best? How do you define "best"? - Best service, best price, most reliable???

Re: When should I buy the airplane ticket???? $$$???

by xymmot

if from the usa, it 's a good price...airfare has been on the rise so much to go overseas that I have change my plans and staying in the country more, I figure they are making too much profits by now by slashing the perks. I never heard of paying for luguage. I refuse....next is the pay toilets on flight,next is no free lunch on board bring your own, and now the crew complains of so much trash and the smells....serve them right for being cheap.

Travel Tips for Stockholm

History I

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

The basic events in history of Stockholm are the following:
Birger Jarl - a confidant of king Eric Eriksson built a fortress Stockholm ("a timbered island") on a place of a settlement of Holmija in 1252.

Stockholm passed under authority of the Danish king Christian II in the end of the XVth century..

The Danish king Christian II, won a battle on the Osund lake and besieged Stockholm in 1520. The city capitulated and Christian II was crowned on the Swedish throne. In November he executed Stockholm burghers on the main city square Stortorget ("the Stockholm bloody bath").

Visit Birka.
It's about 1.5...

by G.D.

Visit Birka.
It's about 1.5 hour boattrip. Boat leaves from the city hall. While waiting for the boat, have a look around at the city hall. It's a very impressive building. Also nice to sit down and enjoy the view.
During the boattrip you can enjoy the sights of Stockholm surroundings.
Birka is located on the island Björkö and has a long history. Freindly guide shows you around.
Great to walk around this island. Great view on top and lots of historical information. I'm an ABBA fan since 1977, so I was very happy to visit Stockholm for the very first time in 1998. Then a dream also came true: te meet one of the ABBA members. I did. I met Benny from ABBA three times.
First I was surprised to find out he was sitting only 5 rows before me at the huge Globen concert hall! I talked to him and he invited me over to his studio two days later.
There I had an half hour talk with him. He's just such a sweet and kind man!
Because of ABBA, I started to read about Sweden. And I began to like this country more and more. Sweden is more than just ABBA for me. I'm interested in every corner of this country. The food, the people, the traditions, the wild life and ofcourse the music.

Amazing Buildings

by NC_Ziggy

Again, I encourage you to take in Stockholm at your own pace, in your own way, and in your own time... And the neatest thing is, this city lets you do just that! Would I go back again? You bet I would!

Hötorget street market

by vec

Hötorget is the only everyday street market in Stockholm. On weekdays and Saturdays you will here find fruit, vegetables and clothes. At Sundays it changes to a flea market with all different kinds of things for sale.

The Hötorget street market is always open, regardless the weather.

Take off your shoes inside the house

by go_AIR

If you ever get invited to dinner or just for a coffee in your friends' flat/house, it is wise to take off your shoes / footwear after entering the house. The locals are used not to wear shoes inside the house, you can still wear your socks though... ;) probably it is because winter - snow occurs a lot in the country and if you wear your shoes it will be quite messy, even if you have tried to clean up the snow traces outside the door..

Comments