Bryggargatan 12, Stockholm, Stockholm, 101 31, Sweden

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Carino's Profile Photo

Freys Hotel

I really liked staying at Freys Hotel. Staff was very helpful and rooms were very cute and nicely furnished. Breakfast buffet was also very good!

Unique Quality: Very good location just next to Central Station and very helpful staff.

Directions: 2 minutes walk from Central Station.

• Mazarin's Profile Photo

Central for everything Stockholm has to offer!

I have stayed at this hotel on several occassions now, seeing it go through an upgrade a few years back. The hotel in question is central for everything, and is a 5 minute walk from the central train station. However if you take the airport train to the centre, it is even closer - try direct across the road!

Wonderful service from all the staff, rooms are serviced daily and there is an excellent choice on the buffet breakfast.

Being central for the station means it is ideal for touring all the sites. The main shopping area of Stockholm is a 5 minute walk away.

I took my friend to this hotel for the first time this year after years of her staying in a youth hostel, she was not dissappointed and is planning a return stay very soon!

Unique Quality: Wide open area in reception ideal for disabled visitors, with automatic doors.

Two lifts in reception

Showers are walk in, in all the bedrooms

Sauna

Ice machine

TV in all rooms, PPV movies

24 hours reception

Rooms serviced daily

Free internet access in lobby

Internet access in rooms (local charges apply)

Bar

Mini bar in room

Directions: 5 - 10 minute walk from central station, 3 -5 minute walk from arrival of Arlanda Express train (station is direct across the road).

• Stockholm Central

On our all too brief trip to Stockholm, Petra and I stayed in the Freys Hotel. It was very conveniently situated just over the road a bit from Central Station - so not too far to lug the bags, but we didn't over do the "stuff" this time so keeping the baggage to a minimum. The hotel staff were really helpful and friendly and the hotel was quite swish compared to what we are used to!
    Breakfast was enormous - everything you could imagine from the best continental breakfast. The other guests were quite friendly too - not used to such cheeryness first thing in the morning!! Takes me to mid-morning usually to get beyong a grunt.

Yes, the hotel.... all mod cons as you would expect from a "quality" hotel - little cyber-cafe downstairs - if you feel the need while you are on holiday - which of course we would NEVER do! :-p All the usual stuff in the room, hairdryer, tv, mini-kitchenette thing in a cupboard and a trouser press. Our room was ensuite. Oh and watch the door locks - some visitors to Scandinavia seem to have problems with them from time to time :)
    The only disadvantage was the view from the window - just another dull building opposite.

Unique Quality: I can't think of anything that makes this hotel particularly unique - only that it's in Stockholm and I had never been there before!

Directions: Go left out of Central Station and cross the main road, Bryggagarten is 2nd on the right (its a narrow street and easily missed!)

• Znaky's Profile Photo

Since I live here I am really...

Since I live here I am really bad at recomending cheap places to sleep at!! I just know that the hotels are really expensive!! I do have got some recomendations, Freys Hotel at Wasagatan, close to the Centralstation and Oden Hotel at Odenplan. For less exclusive lodging I recommend af Chapman, a hostel at a old ship.. Really popular, so it could be better to book in advance (136 beds). The af Chapman is built 1888 in England.

Another nice hotels are the Scandic's. There is several different types spread around the city and it's suburbs. Visit http://www.scandic-hotels.com/default.asp
    Differ from a hundred to several hundreds!

Unique Quality: Well, it's unique enough to sleep on a boat?

Directions: Oden hotel, the subway to station Odenplan, located at Karlbergsvägen; Freys Hotel close to the Central Station at Vasagatan; af Chapman, the subway to Kungsträdgården or buss nr 6

More about Freys Hotel

Belgian Bar & Restaurant

by sue_stone about Hörnans Kök & Belgo Bar

On our first night in Stockholm we arrived at our hotel around 6.30pm, and after a bit of a relax and freshen up, we had less than 90 minutes to eat before our reservation at the Icebar (refer to my nightlife tip), which was located next to our hotel. Hence we had to find something quick & easy to eat nearby.

After a quick look around at the options, we settled on a Belgian bar, located in a small street across the road from our hotel.

It was connected to Freys Hotel, and was full of locals and tourists enjoying their Friday evening. Service was with a smile and within no time our meals had arrived accompanied by an ice cold Belgian beer. There appeared to be some sort of cheap buffet also on offer - a large group of older Swedes came in and piled up big plate fulls. We didn't bother trying to work out the buffet - I had a tasty salmon dish and Alex enjoyed Moules et frites.

We didn't have time for dessert, though they did sound good!

We're on our way to Stockholm next Tues! Some advice.

by 2Brothers

So - we are staying @ Freys Hotel. So far I know we want to see a few things - like the changing of the guard, the big ship, the old town, and we're gonna go on one of those land/boat cruises around the islands. Maybe that Ice Bar place

We're only there for 3 days (wed-sat morning)

Looking for some good night time places for two single guys to go enjoy the local scene. as well as a really good authentic restaurant or two.

Would love some suggestions!

by HairySwede

If you're interested in sports check out Riksidrottsmuseet, which is near Tekniska and Sjöhistoriska Museet.

For a great bar check out Moseback. If it's decent weather, or even if it's not, you should sit outside. They have a great view out over all of Stockholm. Just beautiful. It's getting darker in the evenings so I would suggest hitting them up for dinner and a drink before it gets too dark. Here is the address. Best bet is to go to the subway station called Slussen and walk fromt here.

Have fun!

by HairySwede

Suppose it would help to actually give you the address:

Mosebacke Etablissement
Mosebacke torg 3
116 46 Stockholm

Also make sure to check out Gamla Stan. Its the old town basically and is really impressive.

The Ice Bar is expensive but an absolutely amazing experience.

by Sjalen

An authentic restaurant is Pelikan in Östgötagatan on Söder. For a much more expensive food experience (but with reindeer etc. on the menu) you can try Glenfiddich Warehouse No 68 in Västerlånggatan 68 in the Old Town. They have loads of microbrew stuff too if you are into beer.

Comments