Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm, Stockholm, 103 27, Sweden

Grand Hotel
Hotels.com Booking.com LHW.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• I wish I could give the Grand Hotel a grand review

The Grand Hotel is beautiful and centrally located. I'd have loved to give it a good review. However, my experience there prohibits me from doing so. I had purchased a number of souvenirs in Finland and Sweden and asked the concierge where I could post them. He told me that they would do that for me and bill me for postage. This occurred on August 9, 2010. As I write this review, it is October 30, 2010, and they still have not sent my items. They have also refused to respond to me emails and phone calls, as well as to my complaints to IHG's customer service. Perhaps one needs to be a Nobel Prize winner to get good service at the (not-so) Grand Hotel. I would have expected much better service from a five-star establishment. I have nothing to show for a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Unique Quality: Poor service.

Directions: In close proximity to the Royal Palace, Gamlastan, the subway, and other attractions. Apparently, it is not near a post office.

• Top Hotel in Sweden

This is the place to stay in Stockholm. Regarded as the best hotel in Sweden, not just Stockholm, The Grand offers class in abundance. From check-out to check-out, you will be pampered all the way. From my taxi from Arlanda airport to the hotel, my bags were removed from the car and shipped to my room. The room was outstanding. With spectacular views of the water and the Royal Palace, the room was in the ideal location and of a decent size with a large double bed and a lounge area.

The hotel bar (Cadier) is a high-class affair. The menu lists a large range of beers, whiskies, and cocktails to suit any taste you may have. We opted for afternoon tea on a Sunday which was provided free as we were Intercontinental Royal Ambassador members (do you know the Grand is an Intercontinental branded hotel?).

The breakfast was fantastic. With a multitude of dishes to choose, we were setup for the day (we went back to bed) and ready for anything. The waiter is always at the ready with tea/coffee should you require it.

Checkout was just as good. My bags were whisked into the back of a chaffeured Mercedes Benz and we were whisked off to the airport in perfect time for our flight and even had a little time to relax in the SAS business class lounge.

Unique Quality: This place has class in abundance.

• Traditional and nice

Recommended, very famous and classic hotel, its beatiful, mexican people if u r in Stockholm this is the kind of thotel ull like, so choose this one, guys. The only remark, I was there in summer, and for the breakfast buffet It was a mess. The hostess told us "free sitting" and u can imagine the hassle to find a table since the restaurant is rather small. When I finally found a table and asked to a waitress to clean it the guy almost moved me from the table saying that the hostess should have assigned me a place; well the waitress guy look like the typical guy hired for the summer who gets drunk at night and works with the hangover LOL. Still the rooms and the service are very nice.

Directions: In front of the royal palace

• Astralka's Profile Photo

No spiders

It has a great location in the centre of the town. I prefere to stay outside of these hotels, so it is up to you to try it. When you are there, definitely cross the bridge to Skeppsholmen beautiful island with several museums (museum of modern art (free of charge), architecture, asiatic museum) and fantastic views of Stockhom panorama.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

As classy as it gets

I have never stayed here myself as I have in fact never ever stayed in a Stockholm hotel, having my family here, but this is one of the top hotels and you can see for yourself what the location is like...

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

Very expensive and very famous

I actually did not stay here, but it has to be mentioned because it's probably the most famous hotel in Stockholm. Even if you don't stay here, you should go inside and have a look--it's beautiful! The only thing is that you probably should not walk in wearing some old torn jeans and a old tshirt!

The hotel is incredible and the Nobel prize winners sleep here after the big banquet. One room is situated in a tower with a 360 degree view. Many of the rooms have an incredible view over the Royal Palace.

Directions: Metro Kungstradgarden--very conveniently located close to the Royal Garden, Wasa Museum, Nordiska Museum, Skansen open air museum, boat cruise, old town, and central Stockholm...

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Where the Big People Stay

If you are really Grand, (and if you have an expense account), you probably want to stay at the Grand Hotel. This is where Greta Garbo stayed on her return visits to Stockholm, after she became a Hollywood star and glamour queen of the world. Needless to say, I didn't stay at the Grand, but I did look in at the lobby, to get a sense of how the upper crust lives.

• Manara's Profile Photo

A bit disappointing

The Grand is where I was accommodated on my first visit to Stockholm. The hotel is historic, and rated as the best in town. It is also famous because the people awarded the Nobel prize are accommodated here.
    I confirm that the location is great, the rooms are comfortable and the breakfasts in the veranda are a pleasure, but there were also some disappointments, that I probably felt more strongly because of the reputation of this hotel

Unique Quality: First of all, there is a drawback in staying in a historic building: it is impossible to add more elevators, so you may have to walk a long way from you room to the elevator, and then you may have to wait a long time.
    The most disappointing thing, however, was at the check-out. I had made two telephone calls but I was billed five. The person at the counter was adamant that their telephone system was computer controlled and that there could not be any mistake. In such cases, what I would normally do is ask to speak with the manager, but I had to go to a meeting, and the people I had to meet were already waiting for me in the lobby, so I preferred not to waste their time and paid.
    This is why I feel disappointed with the Grand.

Directions: In Blasieholmen, central Stockholm

• Erkmen's Profile Photo

Grand Hotel... Really Grand

No we can not afford to stay in this hotel.. But when we were in stockholm mike jagger was staying here. And this hotel is said to be the most expensive one in Stockholm..

We could not dare to go in but nothing can stop us to have a photo of it..

• Nobbe's Profile Photo

Grand Hôtel in Stockholm city...

Grand Hôtel in Stockholm city is a five star and a member of The Leading Hotels of the World. Few other hotels in northern Europe are in the same class.

Unique Quality: The Grand Hôtel opened for the first time in 1874 and has a long and fascinating history. The Grand Hôtel has 304 rooms, including 21 suites. No room is like another. Many of the rooms and all the suites have a view over the harbor, Old Town and Royal Palace.

Directions: In the City Centre, just next to the Old Town and the Royal Palace.

More about Grand Hotel Stockholm