Strandvagen 7A, , Stockholm, 114 56, Sweden

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• pcg821's Profile Photo

Nice stay at the Esplanada Hotel

Excellent location for sightseeing tours an public transportation is within walking distance.Many tour boats are right in front of hotel at Nybbrokaje.Hotel is small but comforable an staff was more then helpful with me,they even printed my broading pass for flight the day I left Stockholm.Hotel also purchased concert tickets for me that I could not purchase with out Swedish CC. Hotel has a
    continenatal breakfast an computer for guest to use an WIFI in lobby,if you ave a laptop My room was
    a single an was small but very clean an comforable.I would stay here again.

• YPie's Profile Photo

Good value with Stockholm a la Carte card

I booked this hotel through Destination Stockholm and got a package that included a Stockholm a la Carte card. From what I can tell it's very similar to the Stockholm Card, but not quite identical. You get free public transport, free boat trips (on selected boats) and free entry to a lot of museums (but not the Vasa museum).

I booked a single room for roughly SEK1300 for two nights (no single supplement!), and on a quick calculation must have got free entry to over SEK500 of attractions/boat trips. OK, so I might not have gone into/done all of these if I hadn't had the card, but it gave me the freedom to explore without having to decide to go to one museum over another on the basis of cost.

Back to the hotel, it's well located on Strandvagen, which the boat trips kept on telling me is the best address in the city. The boats to Fjaderholmarna (included on the card) go from just across the street, there are also ferries to Djurgarden (along with buses and the number 7 tram), sightseeing trips and boats going further afield from Nybroviken. It's a short walk to Gamla Stan and the underground, overall a great location.

My room was small but adequate. I wasn't intending to spend much time there. I think that the doubles would be quite a bit bigger. The hotel has nice communal areas for relaxing in the evening, and the breakfast was more than adequate to set me up for a long day sightseeing.

And the staff were always friendly and helpful. They spoke perfect English (as ever) and were happy to help.

I'd highly recommend it.

• Location, Location, Location

I'd seen the Esplanade hotel - and it's sister hotel the Diplomat, on my first trip to Stockholm. It has a prime location, overlooking the scenic harbour (surprisingly there aren't many hotels that do this in Stockholm).

Unique Quality: The location is the key attraction - although not as many rooms overlook the harbour as you would expect (mine didn't) - and it's great to be able to step out from a hotel to be right at the heart of the action.

The building itself has some style, and looks attractive when viewed from the other side of the lozenge shaped harbour

Directions: Right on the harbour - lefthand of the two similar looking buildings in the picture

Comments