Hotel J Nacka Strand

Hotel J
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Hotel J Nacka Strand

Small room, on a building site, unhelpful staff

by DrPwk about Hotel J

I want to write a fair review of this place. I personally was disappointed, however, I feel that I am not their target audience so please weight up my points and decide whether this place is right for you. I would also like to say that I do my research thoroughly before travelling and I was still disappointed.

Bad points:
* They are building a whole new wing of the hotel - this is a massive building site where drilling, banging AND controlled explosions start promptly at 9am every morning. I wouldn't have minded this as much but there is no mention of this on the website, no mention of it when you book, no special deals etc. The whole point of this place is that it's out of the way and relaxing - everything is rather spoilt by the building site!
* I found the staff to be rude and unhelpful from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. No maps could be given to the local area, only their EXCEPTIONALLY expensive restaurant is mentioned (with one veggie option), and only their boat to the city is mentioned (£15 for 2 people, one way), when there is 2 perfectly good bus routes which will save you a fortune. When we left the woman at the desk didn't ask if I had a nice time or any other pleasantries, simply demanded the money I owed and answered the phone leaving us to walk away. No taxi booking was offered, no 'thank you for staying', nothing. I found this just so exceptionally rude. It's such a small thing and I feel there is just an air of extreme arrogance about the staff. I must say that the breakfast staff were much nicer.
* Breakfast is crowded on a busy day, there isn't enough places for people to sit seperately at busy times so you have to share which not everyone likes to do.
* The room was really small. I had booked a seaview deluxe and this room felt cramped. Compared to the enormous room we had at the Clarion in town it was a big step down, for the same money.
* Nacka is COMPLETELY dead in the weekends and evenings. Nothing is open, not even a local shop after 6-7pm, there are no bars, cafes etc open. I understood it was a business area, but lots of people do live round there and there is very little available. It's quite eerie! Therefore if you want to eat anywhere other than there exceptionally expensive restaurant you need to head into town.
* Only one chair on the balcony meaning you cannot sit out together - a little odd!

Good points:
* Very nicely decorated
* Beds were enormous with super soft bedding
* Breakfast was very good
* Drinks and snacks available during the day but you do have to pay for them (25SEK for every hot drink)
* Lovely views

I feel this place is good for:
* people with money to spend - i.e. people who don't mind spending well over £80 on a 2 course meal everynight, are happy to eat at the same place every night, who aren't vegetarians. People who are happy to get a bus or for people who want to spend £15 each way on a boat to town every day.

Personally, I got a good discount through expedia as well as 12% cashback on my stay, so for a 3 night stay I spent to £135 per night compared to £197 for my room type. Even this I would say was expensive. I would never pay the rack rate for this place. If you can get a good rate then I would give this place a go if you are happy to spend the money on the extras like food etc. Great Views
Secluded Location
Peaceful at night

FOR BRUNCH

by orangetree28 about RESTAURANT J

On weekend till 4 pm, you can have a good brunch with an excellent view of sea, away from the noisy crowds.
it is a good escape for weekends..
forgot to say, service is great but foods are better
also they have two restaurant
one of them in LIDINGO-Gashaga(last station)
the other one is in Nacka Strand-Augustendalsvagen 52

it is a joy to sit to the sea and rest in chil..
price is app 250 sek.. it is open buffet but baked apples with hazelnuts is my favourite with coffee

Use Strömma Kanalbolag to Fjäderholmarna.

by Dizzyhead

It doesnt take more with Strömma Kanabolag to go to Fjäderholmarna and first you make a stop in Nacka strand.

Stockholm

by CharleneP

"Barkarby Flygplats"

Small Air Strip at Barkaby

"Nybro Plan"

"Church in Gamla Stan - Stor Kyrkan"

"Church inside in Gamla Stan - Stor Kyrkan"

"Street Musicians at T-Centrale"

"Tunnelbana Kungsträdgården Escalator"

"Vasa Museum - The Ship"

"Vasa Museum - Anchor"

Check the size!

"Vasa Museum"

A model to show how they bring the Vasa up to the surface.

"Water Fountain Vasagatan"

"Vaxholm Castle at Vaxholm"

"Djurgården Giraffe Loading Cranes"

"Windmill in Bromma."

"Ängsholmbrug Canal From Bridge"

"Östermalm"

"Ski Slopes in Summer at Ekerö"

"Fjäderholmarna Restaurant"

"Wild Geese Kicks Me"

There are alot of birds on Fjäderholmarna and this Wild Geese deside that I'm to close to her nest, (and today I still don't know where her nest is) so she flies up and kicked me on the arms and head!

"Marieberg Bridge"

"Nacka Strand"

"Stads-Huset (City Hall)"

"Stads-Huset (City Hall Tower)"

thenels's new Stockholm page

by thenels

"Stockholm Part 1 (by Mariza Nel)"

Faan & Mariechen is currently staying with us in Stockholm. I guess I am doing this all wrong and need to post a message instead of replying to Gunilsch and Jiff's - so let me know (Tia-Maria?)

Anyway - True to style - Faan & Mariechen was woken up by the Cabbie the morning they had to fly out on their long awaited holiday - and therefore nearly didn't need this website as there would have been no holiday Stressed as (only Faan can get - with Mariechen ignoring the situation) they did make it in time - and is
currently staying with us in Stockholm (Mariza & Paul Nel - Faan's cousin).

We went on a general stroll through Stockholm and ended up taking a ferry to Nacka strand and Archipelago. After the initial shock of £4.50 beers, they managed to work their way through quite a few, and ended up being believing that beer is quite cheap - compared to the £8 shot Faan decided tofinish the day off with. We returned to Stockholm at 23h30 (It was quite amazing as the sun had just
set).

So - they are alive and well and currently in Stockholm. I am about to join them for the weekend......Parttwo of the Stockholm adventure to be continued on Monday - I promise (with some help from Tia Maria)

Mariza Nel