Hotel Scandik Alvik

Bromma Gustavlundsvagen 153 , Stockholm, 16751, Sweden

Good For No Data
  • magor65's Profile Photo

Alvik apartments

Knowing how expensive hotels in Stockholm are, I had spent hours inInternet looking for something affordable. And I did manage to find a good offer. In www.ratestogo.com Alvik hotel (and in fact many other hotels, as well) offer last minute discounts. So we stayed in a comfortable apartment at the price of a youth hostel. We had everything that we needed: a little kitchenette with a fridge, electric cooker, all the pots and cutlery, even an ironing board and an iron. Needles to say that bathroom was there,as well. And buffet breakfast was included in the price.

More about Scandic Alvik Hotel

Read this before anything!!!

When you consider the Caribbean, you imagine beautiful lavish beaches, superior first-class hotels, cozy hospitable natives, and an abundant amount of nightlife attractions. However, the island of St. Maarten is a yarn, and insults the true definition of a Caribbean dream vacation.Departing Los Angeles, I had a stop-over in Atlanta and then it was off to St. Maarten. I flew Delta Air Lines, and the flight staff was very friendly. Arriving in St. Maarten I immediately noticed the poverty and scarcity of this island just by the construction, sanitation, and makeup of the Airport. Moreover, after viewing this it immediately made me want to go back to the United States, back home! After you fetch your luggage, you are snowed by over 20 cab drivers and rental car employees desperately begging for your business.We stayed at the Pelican Resort, and arrived to a line of about 20 people. Arriving at the hotel I said under my breath, ?This must be a joke.? This hotel is no doubt 2 stars. After finally getting our beach front room we were aware this wouldn?t be the dream Caribbean vacation. We had two rooms, and they were absurd. The beach was very nice, and we spent most of our vacation there. The Hollywood Casino is about the size of a bathroom in Las Vegas. It is definitely a casino for beginners, and is pretty shallow and offensive to be named a Casino. All the Casinos on the island are a joke. The island is unsafe, and many natives I talked to said they?d pay me if I saw police anywhere. As a tourist you feel very scared and nervous to walk around the island and even your hotel. The Pelican is truly no resort, the hotel staff is very rude, and do not have personalities. Most people on the island are the same way, walk around with no smiles, make their living off you, and don?t offer any help, compassion, or understanding. Maids come once a week, not once a day, which is unreasonable. There are many insects on this island, and mosquitoes will make you leave the island.The nightlife is outrageous, only a few things to do: dinner, sleep. However, I found some interest in The Platinum Room Strip Club, because I?m a bachelor, and also at the Q Club. Moreover my experience was ruined at the Q Club by natives who were discourteous, impolite, and just straight mean. They find jealousy in those who come to their dance club, especially tourists. There was no true highlight of the vacation; the sports books are ridiculous too, about the size of a room with one big screen.St. Maarten is definitely an island where you have to create your own activities and get into your own mischief, which is really not fun in a 3rd world country, and who knows where you?ll end up. If I won a dream Caribbean vacation to St. Maarten, I?d give it back. Hopefully, you will realize how horrendous and dreadful this vacation was. Many people?s opinions and experiences are equal to mine. Don?t let pictures fool you, and people from the states who are cheap and have just came back from their first vacation. Don?t waste your money, go to Cancun, Hawaii, or Atlantis, but don?t go to St. Maarten, you?ll regret it. There?s not one 3, 4 or 5 star hotel on the whole damn island. The Pelican is worth about 39.99 a night, no different then a Motel in the City of Compton. Any questions email me at omghadi@excite.com.

Honeymoon to remember...

by TripAdvisor Member theapp

Had its good points and its bad, but who can remember the bad when you're on a honeymoon (well, my wife of course)! :) The location was great (short walk to the private beach), food was delicious (things we've never heard of tasted great), and price wasn't too bad (after figuring out how to avoid some of the local scam artists). The downfall was that this is definitely a vacation island who depend on tourists to make their livelihood...so everything was about earning a buck down there. The people were friendly as all get out though, so at least while they are hasseling you, they are being nice about it. In order to get around this little island, you would still need to get a car/bike though, which luckily the resort offers for rent right on the premises.
Did we enjoy the trip/experience? You better believe it...would we go back? Well, only if a more popular island weren't available.

I would NOT recommend this place!

Althoug the hotel is far from a resort, I can't describe it as the 'worst'. Generally speaking the staff wasn't over friendly, but they weren't exactly rude. Americans must remember that there's a definite difference in culture. In order to get respect and warm smiles from the staff you must be courteous to them. Don't simply believe that everyone is there to wait on you hand and foot -because you are not going to find that type of service at the pelican.I was pleased with certain things in the room ...like the view..but I was very disturbed that we had a lot of roaches. In truth..this really ruined my vacation.They had a great kitchen..but every time we tried to cook anything to roaches would come out! Some people may laugh while reading this, but I assure you that if you're on vacation the last thing that you're interested in seeing are roaches. Also -they were pretty gigantic. We called the staff to wash down everything and they obliged but the roaches still came out of the wicker furniture during the night!The beach was ok..In truth we spent most of our time on the sand because of the roach problem....I did notice a great deal of beach erosion.the Flamingo is definately a 2 star. Keep in mind, st maarten is not really intended as a night life spot -it's more or less to unwind. If you are looking for action of any sort, you won't find it.We went into town...to their so called hot spot and didn't find much going on besides some untalented reggae band and a man dressed in drag.I wouldn't come here again. If it wasn't for some of the friendly staff I'd definately have more negative comments.

Please.

It's obvious the people who have enjoyed the Pelican are ones who have never been to an island ever in their life. It's obvious they don't appreciate 4, 5 star hotels, and the idea of a vacation being a time of pleasure, where you are waited on and you are welcomed. It's obvious these people are cheap, when they are cooking in their own rooms, when really vacation is all about going out, dining, etc. It's obvious most are from the East Coast, and most from the East Coast have not experience a true vacation on an island like Cancun, Kauai, Maui, or Atlantis. Don't waste your money.Don't fall into people's ridiculous stories.Don't get fooled by pictures. There is also a formal investigation by the Timeshare company into the status of this hotel.Maybe that should raise a flag to those who are planning to go to the Pelican and for those praise it.

Comments