Skepparegatan 27, Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Street in Gamla StadStreet in Gamla Stad

Rare Blue Mauritius stampsRare Blue Mauritius stamps

Ferry terminal

by alectrevor

Do both ferry lines [Silja and Viking ] depart from Stadsgardshamnen for Helsinki, and is the ticket office there or in town. I can not book inadvance because i cant be sure of my arrival in Stockholm. Thanks for any help.

Re: Ferry terminal

by MJL

Hi,
Tallink (Silja) uses Vartahamnenterminal (http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/shipsAndTerminals/terminals/stoVar/default.htm). There are Silja ticket offices in downtown and also terminal (http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/mainMenu/contact/ticketOffices/).

Viking uses more convient port as it is with walking distance from the Old Town (http://www.vikingline.fi/info/portinfo/portinfo/port_stockholm.asp). Viking Line sales office is in the Cityterminalen (http://www.vikingline.fi/reservations/sales_agents_viking_line_offices.asp)

Markku

Travel Tips for Stockholm

Konstnärshuset

by Marina27se

This association for artists has been around for more then 100 years. The buliding is very nice and have very beautiful rooms full of nice pieces of art. They show more then 30 exhibitions every year of high quality art and one of the conerstones is to show the art on the artists conditions. Sound nice to me but I dont know what that mean really.
What I liked too was that you could buy art here. Unfortunatly nothing was really worth its price but I bought a very nice graphic print.=) Smålandsgatan 7
111 46 Stockholm
Tel:+46 (0)8-611 40 72

Strolling through S?dermalm - Galleries

by yooperprof

I confess - I was a bit of a lazy tourist while I was in Stockholm. I missed some of the biggest, most obvious attractions - most notably, the Gustavus Vasa ship museum. Instead, it was better for me to "while away" my time strolling through Stockholm's urban neighborhoods. Sometimes, it's just better to visit local galleries and see interesting if incomprehensible modern art than trudging through famous museums to see old stuff. Of course, there's a lot of excellent work being done by artists in Stockholm now - there seems to be something about the air and light here which attracts painters interested in color.

Finnish influence in the 14th century

by sim1

The history of Stockholm
~~~~~~
Finnish influence in the 14th century

Finland has been a part of Sweden for a very long time. A lot Finnish people came to Stockholm to work as a fisherman, sailor, maid and all kinds of hard labour work. In that time 20% of the population was Finnish. The Finnish and the German churches are "the first foreign" churches in Stockholm. The Finnish Church is located next to the palace in Gamla Stan.

I liked to go to Hötorgshallen...

by Lys-Noir

I liked to go to Hötorgshallen at Hötorget which is an indoor market with a strong international flavor. Lots of exotic products from all corners of the world are housed within its walls. I used to buy my sliced turkey-breast here!

Getting Directions

by Ken_Weaver

We found that we could be standing on a corner with a map in our hand and no one would offer to help us with directions. However, when we ASKED, everyone was quite helpful and knowledgeable. Don't be afraid to ask!

Comments